Sponsored

Tacoma Power Up Tailgate

Nsblifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hybrid Touareg
well my comment on the tailgate inside of a thread about tailgates seemed to make you a little “emotional”, so I apologize - I truly didn’t realize that you would be here defending the honor of the powered tailgate so fiercely. They truly are lucky to have you on their side.

also sorry for not asking your permission before posting this. Seemed redundant since I was responding to you and I wasn’t insulting additional tailgates.

I think someone may have negatively commented on the Tacoma’s looks in another thread - you better get yourself over there quick!
Okay, now you’re just gaslighting. Thought only the ladies did that. Let’s just clear everything up. So…is it safe to assume you naturally feel like a nincompoop using the powered frunk hood on the Rivian? How about the charge port? If the answer is no, then Tacoma having a powered tailgate has hit a nerve with you. If the answer is yes, everything makes sense. I don’t have skin in this game having neither a taco or a Rivian (yet). I just like when things make sense. So please, make it make sense! I’m begging you.
Sponsored

Reactions: Guy

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

So why shouldn’t it be powered? Whether there’s an engine or cargo space under it?
No, just an answer for how I feel about it.

Obviously for storage it makes sense to have a powered lift on the hood. Short people can't reach the lip of the hood when it's up. Tailgate doesn't have the same problem does it?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Okay, now you’re just gaslighting. Thought only the ladies did that. Let’s just clear everything up. So…is it safe to assume you naturally feel like a nincompoop using the powered frunk hood on the Rivian? How about the charge port? If the answer is no, then Tacoma having a powered tailgate has hit a nerve with you. If the answer is yes, everything makes sense. I don’t have skin in this game having neither a taco or a Rivian (yet). I just like when things make sense. So please, make it make sense! I’m begging you.
I’m sorry that a woman hurt you so badly, (although it’s pretty obvious why they might have run for the door), but you can heal without being so angry. Therapy can do wonders for those willing to open their hearts.

see, this thread ( and my comment) is about tailgates. Specifically the Tacoma tailgate. Not about other tailgates or Frunks or your fragile manhood.

if you want to have that discussion we certainly can, but you’re going to have to chill a little bit and not take personally comments or criticisms of inanimate objects. A case could be made the Rivian frunk should either be more adjustable or not powered because opening it fully is not ideal in many situations.

Feel better. Go walk barefoot in some grass or sit on a park bench and get some vitamin D. I’m rooting for you.

Nsblifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hybrid Touareg
No, just an answer for how I feel about it.

Obviously for storage it makes sense to have a powered lift on the hood. Short people can't reach the lip of the hood when it's up. Tailgate doesn't have the same problem does it?
Ah. Right. So it’s a height issue. Not a convenience thing?

Nsblifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hybrid Touareg
I’m sorry that a woman hurt you so badly, (although it’s pretty obvious why they might have run for the door), but you can heal without being so angry. Therapy can do wonders for those willing to open their hearts.

see, this thread ( and my comment) is about tailgates. Specifically the Tacoma tailgate. Not about other tailgates or Frunks or your fragile manhood.

if you want to have that discussion we certainly can, but you’re going to have to chill a little bit and not take personally comments or criticisms of inanimate objects. A case could be made the Rivian frunk should either be more adjustable or not powered because opening it fully is not ideal in many situations.

Feel better. Go walk barefoot in some grass or sit on a park bench and get some vitamin D. I’m rooting for you.
I guess I should’ve known better than to comment a post made by the forum troll. You go get your flex on with that tailgate now.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I guess I should’ve known better than to comment a post made by the forum troll. You go get your flex on with that tailgate now.
So the misogynist troll from this thread is now playing the victim card (gaslighting?):CWL:

You have a great weekend, kiddo.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Just stopped in to agree that a powered tailgate is a solution looking for a problem. Have a great day everyone.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Okay, now you’re just gaslighting. Thought only the ladies did that.
Actually, the term comes from the movie Gaslight and it was the husband who was trying to gaslight his wife. It’s kind of funny that you’re gaslighting in trying to get people to think that, “…only the ladies did that.” when the original gaslighter was a man trying to gaslight a woman. It’s kind of meta (not Meta).

Nsblifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hybrid Touareg
So the misogynist troll from this thread is now playing the victim card (gaslighting?):CWL:

You have a great weekend, kiddo.
I’m so sorry for offending you. Next time I’ll be sure to ask if my posting is politically correct enough for you.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I’m so sorry for offending you. Next time I’ll be sure to ask if my posting is politically correct enough for you.
I didn’t say you offended me. I pointed out you were a misogynistic troll who was suddenly complaining about trolls. That’s just basic reading comprehension.

And it’s probably more entertaining to just watch you continue eating your own tail so carry on….

Sponsored

Nsblifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hybrid Touareg
I didn’t say you offended me. I pointed out you were a misogynistic troll who was suddenly complaining about trolls. That’s just basic reading comprehension.

And it’s probably more entertaining to just watch you continue eating your own tail so carry on….
Nor did I say you bothered me. All I did was point out that your moronic post made absolutely no sense on a forum for a vehicle that literally has ‘powered’ everything EXCEPT the tailgate. You can’t admit to your own stupidity, so here we still are…shall I end it? I know you’ll keep going. You have 4000 posts.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Nor did I say you bothered me. All I did was point out that your moronic post made absolutely no sense on a forum for a vehicle that literally has ‘powered’ everything EXCEPT the tailgate. You can’t admit to your own stupidity, so here we still are…shall I end it? I know you’ll keep going. You have 4000 posts.
Got it. You are an anti-trolling activist and tailgate aficionado and my comment about the Toyota powered tailgate upset you so much that you trolled me, throwing in a couple sexist comments for good measure, then complained that I trolled you and have posted too many times for your liking.

Rivian R1T R1S Tacoma Power Up Tailgate 1684627903824

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
Actually, the term comes from the movie Gaslight and it was the husband who was trying to gaslight his wife. It’s kind of funny that you’re gaslighting in trying to get people to think that, “…only the ladies did that.” when the original gaslighter was a man trying to gaslight a woman. It’s kind of meta (not Meta).
LOL rekt.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
This comment section is spicy today. Keep up the good work gents.
Sponsored