Sponsored

Tesla Cybertruck Went From Exoskeleton Marvel to Unibody Honda Ridgeline Competitor

Jason765

First Name
Jason Sun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Operations
I had one on order.. but will never buy another Tesla. I have never known a car company that is willing to screw over their loyal customer base like Tesla has the past year.

We got our Model Y last summer. With the price decrease (not including new federal tax incentive) its $13k less. I can't stand to see it in the garage. If it was my dog.. I would kick it everytime I walked by.
One should not say such things like kicking a dog, let alone their own dog. Even though you may be joking, to even let those words come out your mouth says a lot about you.

On another note, shipping on one container cost 20k at it's peak, now it's back to 2-3. There were a lot of reasons things were more expensive a year or two ago. You should be amazed that Tesla in all their foresight managed to lower cogs over time whereas other automakers haven't. It's the very thing Rivian is attempting to do now.
Sponsored

scottf200

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Past Ford Exped; curr TMX 100D; future BEV truck
Occupation
sw engineer
We got our Model Y last summer. With the price decrease (not including new federal tax incentive) its $13k less.
My kid got a TMY as well when the prices were a little higher. Here is the deal tho. Whenever you buy something you agree that the price is worth the product at the point-in-time you buy it. If the price of a TMY went up by $13K, you would not write a check to Tesla but you'd pat yourself on the back.

Rivians, Tesla, etc are depreciating assets. You buy them to enjoy them at that point-in-time of your life. Drive the car you own and enjoy it for the modern features and benefits it has.

I'm excited to start another long road trip and looking forward to seeing the country on relaxing EV drives (ADAS systems on highways sure make it nicer).

WrekEE

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order, Model Y P, Tundra TRD Pro
One should not say such things like kicking a dog, let alone their own dog. Even though you may be joking, to even let those words come out your mouth says a lot about you.

On another note, shipping on one container cost 20k at it's peak, now it's back to 2-3. There were a lot of reasons things were more expensive a year or two ago. You should be amazed that Tesla in all their foresight managed to lower cogs over time whereas other automakers haven't. It's the very thing Rivian is attempting to do now.
Wow, I have three dogs that I love.......maybe I should have said mother in law to appease the Karen's on the forum

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Wow, I have three dogs that I love.......maybe I should have said mother in law to appease the Karen's on the forum
One should not say such things like kicking a mother in law, let alone their own mother in law. Even though you may be joking, to even let those words come out your mouth says a lot about you.

WrekEE

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order, Model Y P, Tundra TRD Pro
One should not say such things like kicking a mother in law, let alone their own mother in law. Even though you may be joking, to even let those words come out your mouth says a lot about you.
If y ony knew my mother in law ...

Sponsored

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
The 2024 Cybertruck delivery event this fall will be exciting with Mr. Musk on hand to deliver some of the first Cybertruck’s off the Austin, TX production line. They will most likely be going to Tesla employees and suppliers.

Tesla should be revealing the date next month.

All Cybertruck reservation holders are on pins and needles regarding new MSRP’s and trim levels.

Rivian R1T R1S Tesla Cybertruck Went From Exoskeleton Marvel to Unibody Honda Ridgeline Competitor 1425C4E5-DCC1-4F70-AB42-4A4EFA20CD39

Last edited:

CotoR1TDude

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

It’s basically a refreshed MS/X Plaid with a different skin. Same motors and same 100kWh pack. The Great Charlatan at work, once again.

Junk.
Read the article and agree.

“Nothing to see over here…” You can only hope the US government keeps him from pulling this shit with SpaceX.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I think many of them will be in for a rude awakening.
I love my Rivian and my R1T but if the Dual Motor Cybertruck starts under $70k it‘s going to put significant pressure on Rivian to lower R1T MSRP’s.

I think pickup shoppers will overlook the designed by aliens styling if the CT offers a better value.

BIW with front and rear aluminum castings attached
Rivian R1T R1S Tesla Cybertruck Went From Exoskeleton Marvel to Unibody Honda Ridgeline Competitor 337F4408-7F49-4527-AE11-EF9E36043D56

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Count Orlok

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
I think pickup shoppers will overlook the designed by aliens styling if the CT offers a better value.
better value? nobody even knows what "truck" stuff it can do. I mean, it will make a great grocery getting for Karen.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I love my Rivian and my R1T but if the Dual Motor Cybertruck starts under $70k it‘s going to put significant pressure on Rivian to lower R1T MSRP’s.

BIW with front and rear aluminum castings attached
337F4408-7F49-4527-AE11-EF9E36043D56.jpeg
You don't find it even the littlest bit odd that no specs have been released yet? At this point before release Rivian traveled halfway around the world and documented it and tons of towing and drag racing footage.

I personally think this thing will be a truck in name only and the unibody is going to lend itself to a huge 5k lb towing capacity. Cargo might be okay but the towing will be light because a unibody just isn't stiff enough.

docwhiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S LR (2022), Land Rover Discovery 2
Occupation
Retired
Does this reduce the towing capacity from "near infinite" to "sort of infinite" or just "marginally infinite" ? Or does it improve towing capacity "to infinity and beyond" ?

1683212378625.png
Double plus good infinite

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

better value? nobody even knows what "truck" stuff it can do. I mean, it will make a great grocery getting for Karen.
Can you imagine how many curbs, cars and kids Karen’s will crush in parking lots in that giant pig? Rear steering will make things worse because it will be unexpected…and then their “little” Yukon will behave differently too, causing a cascade of crunch…

Zorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
None of us have any clue whether it will be a dog with fleas or not. I suspect that it won't live up to the hype, though I am not sure it's even possible
Sponsored