Sponsored

Trade in a slightly used R1T for new R1S?

DDay61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2021 992 4S, 2019 Macan S
Hi,

Has anyone done this through Rivian? I got the R1T in January; we are expecting the new R1S Aug-Sep 2023. I love the R1T; but, I also have too many vehicles. There are multiple reasons for the swap out. It hasn't been an easy decision; but, it makes the most sense for us. I'm interested in how Rivian handled the trade, etc.

Thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

GreenOptimist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I did exactly this. R1S is just a better fit for our family. Easy and simple though Rivian. Happy to answer any other questions you have.

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Snazzylabs claims Rivian offered him 73,500:

I'm currently waiting to hear back on what they would offer for my 2022 R1T with 9k miles.

Cars and Bids is in the 73-76k range with fees, so I would expect the wholesale market is in the low 60s at best.

OP
OP

DDay61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks! the R1S is a better fit for us at this point.

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
What I find kinda funny is I made a mistake in getting the R1T instead of an R1S.

BUT

In WA state the R1T is exempt from the RTA tax, and an R1S isn't (as far as I can tell).

So it ends up not being worthwhile for me to even bother attempting to trade it in on an R1S.

The R1T over the R1S is just a slight mistake in that its inconvenient having such a short bed where the R1S I could lower the seats and shove things right in.

The R1T does have its advantages when carrying outdoor stuff like my folding kayak or inflatable paddleboard.

Sponsored

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
Snazzylabs claims Rivian offered him 73,500:

I'm currently waiting to hear back on what they would offer for my 2022 R1T with 9k miles.

Cars and Bids is in the 73-76k range with fees, so I would expect the wholesale market is in the low 60s at best.
On cars and bids the buyer pays the fees. The prices you see are what the seller receives

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

I did exactly this. R1S is just a better fit for our family. Easy and simple though Rivian. Happy to answer any other questions you have.
Out of curiosity, did they offer old price for the used one, and you had to pay the difference for the new?

Example pre march order buys truck, decides a couple months later wanted the S. trades in the T for an S, but would they offer say 75k for your pre market one to get a new 100k S while you pay the 25k difference?

GreenOptimist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Out of curiosity, did they offer old price for the used one, and you had to pay the difference for the new?

Example pre march order buys truck, decides a couple months later wanted the S. trades in the T for an S, but would they offer say 75k for your pre market one to get a new 100k S while you pay the 25k difference?
I had reservations pre March for both so it was like for like pricing. I doubt they would offer post March orders better pricing just because of a trade in.

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
On cars and bids the buyer pays the fees. The prices you see are what the seller receives
Yeah, that should have said "without"

OP
OP

DDay61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I came close to breaking even or made a small amount on the trade when you take into account that I got R1T at the pre-price increase price and you also take into account the 7500 ev tax credit

i got much more than expected on the trade from Rivian.

I asked if they were going to resell the R1T and they told me they are keeping them for "internal use".
Sponsored

Last edited: