Sponsored

Two rattles driving me insane: one heard behind rear passenger seat + low rattle from rear (R1T)

CarterGee

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner Limited '16
Hi everyone!

Been a while, sorry to have been away for so long. I'm back because I'm about to go insane. I can not identify the source of two rattles that are currently plaguing me and, while I read some other threads, none of them sounded quite right so I'm here looking for your help.

The first rattle sounds like a ball bearing in a plastic cup and is coming from behind the rear passenger seat. Maybe the B pillar? It happens around 15mph most often and also when I turn left. I thought it might be the plastic strip behind the seats in front of the rear window. It's quite noticeable and I can pretty frequently, but not always, recreate it. I tapped on the pillars and plastic but... it kinda sounds like it's happening IN there? The black plastic section was replaced once already and it did not resolve the rattle.
Rivian R1T R1S Two rattles driving me insane: one heard behind rear passenger seat + low rattle from rear (R1T) PXL_20240314_041013397-EDIT

The second I believe may be coming from my underbody shield which looks loose and like it may be missing two bolts? There's like the sound of a very large cookie sheet being shaken and low "wub wub" that happens around the same speeds of 15mph.

The video won't upload, but you can watch it here.

Finally, I found this in my gear tunnel which appears to be from my tonneau replacement. Not sure if this is contributing, but I do think the sounds were happening before that. I put a towel in between it and the plastic part, but it didn't solve anything.
Rivian R1T R1S Two rattles driving me insane: one heard behind rear passenger seat + low rattle from rear (R1T) PXL_20240314_021149036

Help? I'm going insane.
Sponsored