Sponsored

"Ultra Rare" Rivian color combinations

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
I can't imagine having anything other than FE to pair with LG. It looks amazing. But, myself included, let's not let this digress into fanboyism over our color combos :) I'm sure we all love what we selected and our tastes are all unique to ourselves.
Sponsored

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Tangential to this thread, I wonder how many Launch Green's will/have been made for R1T's and R1S's. I would love to know the number(s).

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

Something just came to my mind...

I took delivery of my RC + OC R1T on 12/5. The week before, my Guide told me that I had the 9th configuration of those ext+int combinations, and when factoring in sport dark wheels, my config was 1 or 3. Rivian definitely has the data.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots moreā€¦
Occupation
Software Developer
They did make RC with FE- I saw pictures of them. People were referring to the as Christmas spec for a while.

It's rare, for sure. Here is some photos, but I saw a few early deliveries of christmas spec on here and reddit: https://www.picnob.com/es/post/6849581111641814304346/
Well, huh... Look at that. It's hideous. And yet looks better than I thought it would although they have the colors seemingly doctored quite a bit in those pics.

I was originally Limestone + FE for my config, but after the wife saw FE in person she said absolutely not. I don't like it as well in person vs. so many of the pictures online that make it look more grayish green than the olive drab it is. Wish we could get that brown wood trim as an option with BM and OC interiors.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Well, huh... Look at that. It's hideous. And yet looks better than I thought it would although they have the colors seemingly doctored quite a bit in those pics.

I was originally Limestone + FE for my config, but after the wife saw FE in person she said absolutely not. I don't like it as well in person vs. so many of the pictures online that make it look more grayish green than the olive drab it is. Wish we could get that brown wood trim as an option with BM and OC interiors.
I couldn't find it, but there was an undoctored daylight picture of CR + FE and it truly is something only a mother could love, but I couldn't find it quickly on the interwebs. For what it's worth I think RB+FE might be worse... Sorry for those RB/FE guys out there its just my opinion.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Thanks. I know some manufacturers do have ways for people to look up what their overall production numbers are since people often claim to have a rare vehicle that's "1 of XX" but I'm entirely unfamiliar with how that information could be generated here.
If Rivian has some way of checking that "officially" I'm unaware of it. I agree it would be nice to know...

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Sponsored

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

Something just came to my mind...

I took delivery of my RC + OC R1T on 12/5. The week before, my Guide told me that I had the 9th configuration of those ext+int combinations, and when factoring in sport dark wheels, my config was 1 or 3. Rivian definitely has the data.
We originally ordered a CY+FE, but having never seen either color in person we got cold feet and modified our order. Weā€™ve landed at CR+OC. Finally saw a CR in person and it was beautiful in various light. Have yet to see an OC interior, so I hope we like it.

Iā€™ve questioned this combo, but I tell myself that itā€™s solid enough that we see it in MB adverts (at least around the holidays). Maybe Iā€™ll call the rivian ā€œSantaā€™s Sleighā€.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
We originally ordered a CY+FE, but having never seen either color in person we got cold feet and modified our order. Weā€™ve landed at CR+OC. Finally saw a CR in person and it was beautiful in various light. Have yet to see an OC interior, so I hope we like it.

Iā€™ve questioned this combo, but I tell myself that itā€™s solid enough that we see it in MB adverts (at least around the holidays). Maybe Iā€™ll call the rivian ā€œSantaā€™s Sleighā€.
OC is a beautiful interior. I love it. I still partially wish the wood was lighter, but I'm okay with the dark wood much more than I thought I would be.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
When I did my "First Mile" test drive last weekend, the Rivian employee said Forest Edge is DEFINITELY not the most popular option for people's configurations. I had asked if they happened to have en example of each color on their lot so I could peek in the window to see each. They had OC and BM only. She emphasized it pretty heavily, so there must be a pretty big gap between the others and FE.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
The T I drove on my first mile last year was LG/FG. The FG interior looked much nicer in person than I thought it would based on the photos I'd seen. It was lighter than in photos, which seem to make it look more pea colored. Even the photos on Rivian's website don't do it justice.

I stuck with my Black Mountain interior but I left thinking I could live with the FG just as easily.

norivian

First Name
norivianyet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T in 2023 šŸ¤ž
All,
I'm trying to find the information about production numbers for various color/interior combinations, and I'm unable to find anywhere Rivian has published this information. I know there were certain color combinations that ended up orphaned and cancelled because they had so few people taking them. I can't find that info either.

Anyone able to help me out here?
Side by side of Canyon Red screen shots. Red is really orange but orange is really red. šŸ˜Š
Rivian R1T R1S "Ultra Rare" Rivian color combinations A7996F70-C04E-43B3-83F5-00FFD67B39A9
Sponsored