Sponsored

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
I think I would like it more if there was no "rivian" on the light bar; just all black in the center part. Wonder how that would look?
Agree, looks like a billboard for "R I V I A N"
Sponsored

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

After nearly a week, I will say, it's starting to grow on me. To the point where it just now looks "normal" when I see it. Still haven't made a final decision, but its odds havwincrease to about 65/35 now that I'll keep it.

Rivian R1T R1S UPDATE: Blackout lightbar decal added + applied vinyl to break up the controversial front end on my Rivian 1705093777842

Grogu

First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired
The Abstract Ocean offering is what made me give that a try. The light bar vinyl literally took about 4 minutes to install. Easy change. While I'm not sold on this look yet, my think was, just as in trying to break up the all painted area between the headlights, even with the vinyl, its still a large surface area in the same color. The "Rivian" helps break that up a little. Naturally, some will like it, some won't. Some will prefer many different options that best suit them.

Here's what it looks like with the light bar on and photoshopped in all black as you recommended. Actually that looks more "factory-like" and for those that like the look, could be a good option. Seeing it, should I ultimately choose to keep the blacked out center, probably will redo the light bar in all black. I am about 50/50 on whether I keep this look. With the solid black, at least via photoshop, takes me to 55/45 in favor of it.

1704676179459.png

1704676420834.png
I have mine the same way looks great but still have the cool look of the truck

Whale Blubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW X3 3.0si, 2021 Toyota RAV4 XLE
I think it's great to see people making their cars their own. Cars are an expression of self, so you do you!

Sponsored

Riptide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Frontier
Occupation
Fire & Rescue
Clubs

The bold lettering cheapens the look IMO.

I am a fan of the tinted light bar coupled with the white paint.

Epicloop

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I was curious so I did a 2 minute mock up, not sure if it could help at all.

Rivian R1T R1S UPDATE: Blackout lightbar decal added + applied vinyl to break up the controversial front end on my Rivian IMG_3923

Epicloop

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
After nearly a week, I will say, it's starting to grow on me. To the point where it just now looks "normal" when I see it. Still haven't made a final decision, but its odds havwincrease to about 65/35 now that I'll keep it.

1705093777842.png
I like it, I am not sure about the branding but I considered doing the same at the back of the truck.
I think blacking out the light bar/fascia helps to narrow the look of the front end.

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I like it, I am not sure about the branding but I considered doing the same at the back of the truck.
I think blacking out the light bar/fascia helps to narrow the look of the front end.
I was all set and ready to black out the "RIVIAN" until the night i plugged it in and saw the flashing green light coming through and varying brightness. That looked really cool and made me change my mind. Hard to show in photos / video, but looked really cool in person.

Rivian R1T R1S UPDATE: Blackout lightbar decal added + applied vinyl to break up the controversial front end on my Rivian 1706821593130

Sponsored

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

1705093777842.png
Curious. Do you like large/big grill on a ICE vehicles?

I see that the trend is to have the grill bigger and bigger with every model year updates.

The added black portion kinda mimics the effect of a large grill, not to mention the in prominent branding.

Personally, it's not for me. That said, glad you like it and are personalizing it to your taste.

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Cadillac ELR, Rivian R1T, Jeep TJ, F250
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Rivian R1T R1S UPDATE: Blackout lightbar decal added + applied vinyl to break up the controversial front end on my Rivian 1000001519

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Curious. Do you like large/big grill on a ICE vehicles?

I see that the trend is to have the grill bigger and bigger with every model year updates.

The added black portion kinda mimics the effect of a large grill, not to mention the in prominent branding.

Personally, it's not for me. That said, glad you like it and are personalizing it to your taste.
I think that's why most non-Rivian owners like it better, because it looks more traditional. For me, I like simply because it breaks up the all-white front end. Just too much white for me on the front of the truck. And helps reduce the impact of the headlights. Now, it almost looks like the running light bar on the sides are the headlights and the headlights are the parking lights, when they're not on of course. And I think it makes the front look a little more muscular. Something different. I'm still not 100% sold on it, but it's growing on me to the point where I hardly notice it anymore. It's just becoming "normal" when I see it.

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

I think that's why most non-Rivian owners like it better, because it looks more traditional. For me, I like simply because it breaks up the all-white front end. Just too much white for me on the front of the truck. And helps reduce the impact of the headlights. Now, it almost looks like the running light bar on the sides are the headlights and the headlights are the parking lights, when they're not on of course. And I think it makes the front look a little more muscular. Something different. I'm still not 100% sold on it, but it's growing on me to the point where I hardly notice it anymore. It's just becoming "normal" when I see it.
Well, at least the front space is a large canvas for anyone to do whatever. I've always thought that the Rivian front end reminded me of Baymax from Big Hero 6 animation, especially in white (which is what my R1S is...)

I'm surprised that no one has done a huge Rivian logo, like the MB tri-star in the front of their vehicles.
Sponsored