RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
That is what I say, but many in these parts seem to think that excuse goes on for many years...
There are some folks that think Tesla is still a startup.

If you can't figure out what you're doing after 18 months of sales and nearly 50,000 vehicles produced, I don't know what to say. A guinea pig is someone purchasing a Faraday Future or Fisker Ocean, not a Rivian.
Sponsored

rbr19870445

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 981 GT4, 3rd gen 4runner, 1st gen JDM CRV
Clubs

Not sure why no one is trying the Ohhmu lithium batteries. From my research, they worked fine on Teslas until Tesla did a software update that recognized the 12V battery was not OEM. Then Tesla upgraded to lithium themselves, basically making the aftermarket Ohhmu redundant. We all know lithium is far superior or AGM, and the Ohmmu have an internal BMS so should be far more reliable. Considering a 12V failure bricks the vehicle with no warning, and Rivian is using two of them, it’s very concerning. Until Rivian upgrades the 12V system to lithium, this appears to be the best option to avoid this issue.
there have been some concerning reviews with the Ohhmu lithium batteries.

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
Supposedly the newest vehicles only have a single battery but I haven't seen any proof of that yet. Rivian likely had to buy a lot of off the shelf stuff to get their first vehicles off the door and had more time to re-engineer solutions afterwards.
They do have one battery and then a capacitor in place of the second battery. The same issues that plagued the dual battery setup still appear to plague the single.

I am currently dealing with a dead 12v battery. When I did the jump from the rear only the driver side half came up. So the vehicle does not think it is in park. You can’t do a reset of any kind without the vehicle thinking it is in park. I am 2.5 hours away from Atlanta service center and the soonest they can get me a mobile is August 1.

Support is trying to setup a tow as I am blocking my customers cars in their garage. The other issue is they would have to trailer tow not flatbed tow due to low clearance I. The vehicles current location.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

They do have one battery and then a capacitor in place of the second battery. The same issues that plagued the dual battery setup still appear to plague the single.

I am currently dealing with a dead 12v battery. When I did the jump from the rear only the driver side half came up. So the vehicle does not think it is in park. You can’t do a reset of any kind without the vehicle thinking it is in park. I am 2.5 hours away from Atlanta service center and the soonest they can get me a mobile is August 1.

Support is trying to setup a tow as I am blocking my customers cars in their garage. The other issue is they would have to trailer tow not flatbed tow due to low clearance I. The vehicles current location.
Your story is terrible and sorry you are going through that. Mobile can’t come for three weeks - that is ridiculous.

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
Your story is terrible and sorry you are going through that. Mobile can’t come for three weeks - that is ridiculous.
I had to pick myself up off the floor when they gave me that date. Still waiting to hear back from support.

Sponsored

redantpile

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 EDGE, 2023 R1S red adventure 20"
Occupation
Retired telephone engineer
Clubs

Dropped my kids off at camp today and headed to my cabin in woods to have an adult camp. Stopped at good old reliable charger in Mt Pleasant TX and second after driving off from charging I got into turtle mode. Pulled over and stopped. Truck finished would not move. All error codes that could showed up on screen. Could not even get truck to recognize I was pressing the brake to put into gear. After two attempts to rest and sleep the vehicle still did not work. Left it for service to tow. Had to get a friend to turn around and pick us up with all our gear. Truck only had power on drivers side and not passenger. Had to crawl into gear tunnel to get stuff out. Tried to push the emergency open button on passenger side apparently it only works if there is power. So truck threw up an error that someone was in gear runnel stuck. Since I could not open the door the error would not go away and allow the truck to lock.

Picture added to show only one headlight working.

IMG_1105.jpeg
Was it camp Deer Run?

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I had to pick myself up off the floor when they gave me that date. Still waiting to hear back from support.
I thought that Rivian was putting vehicles like this at the very front of the line. Hopefully this isn't the front of the line and you can push for a faster response.

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
I thought that Rivian was putting vehicles like this at the very front of the line. Hopefully this isn't the front of the line and you can push for a faster response.
Well they called me back and moved my appointment up to this Friday. So vehicle will be blocking my customers garage until then.
Sponsored