Sponsored

Vehicle is Raising - Stop to Prevent Damage

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Got a strange alert for the first time today - anyone else seen this before?

"Vehicle is Raising. Stop Vehicle to Prevent Damage"

I had been out of town for about a week, so the truck had been undriven for 8 or 9 days. I had just backed out of the garage and was slowly driving out of my alley (maybe 5 mph or less) when I got the alert. Had never seen it before, even when not driving the truck for 2+ weeks. I stopped, and after about 15 seconds the truck clearly raised itself up and the warning went away. No more issues after that.

I wonder if a bunch of air leaked out of the bags while I was gone and it was worried I would bottom out?
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I think it just missed you and this was a cry for attention.

Adventusaurus

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla Y, 92 Miata
Occupation
Software
My truck used to give this alert all the time after parking for the night. I noticed after a week away the front was on the stops and the back still fully inflated.

I had them check it out at service for something else, and they said it was normal.

I logged a ticket for it questioning why if it was normal the back did not go down too, and that it never did this before. Next service appointment they replaced both front shocks. No “geneflecting” front-bow since, and no “wait to drive alerts” either.

tldr - possible air suspension leak, monitor carefully.

Adventusaurus

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla Y, 92 Miata
Occupation
Software
I should add I was noticing the compressor running more and more too.

Sponsored

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

I got the same message 3 times on Saturday when raising from kneel position. Never had it before or since.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I got it for the first time earlier this week (owned about 11 months, 12k miles). I don't think I had the message when I started driving, but it came after I drove a couple hundred feet and went over a speed bump at around 15mph. I usually just use All Purpose mode, the truck had been parked a few days. I just figured the message was a new feature/warning/part of a software update. It isn't unusual for mine to sag a bit when parked, especially for several days.

TXKidd

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T pre-order
My truck used to give this alert all the time after parking for the night. I noticed after a week away the front was on the stops and the back still fully inflated.

I had them check it out at service for something else, and they said it was normal.

I logged a ticket for it questioning why if it was normal the back did not go down too, and that it never did this before. Next service appointment they replaced both front shocks. No “geneflecting” front-bow since, and no “wait to drive alerts” either.

tldr - possible air suspension leak, monitor carefully.
I have this behavior as well and had the service center check it previously. Told me everything was acting normally. Mine now drops all the way down within a couple of days. Think I might bring it up again if replacement is a possibility.

As a result, I see this message about the truck raising almost every time I drive it 😕

Adventusaurus

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla Y, 92 Miata
Occupation
Software
I have this behavior as well and had the service center check it previously. Told me everything was acting normally. Mine now drops all the way down within a couple of days. Think I might bring it up again if replacement is a possibility.

As a result, I see this message about the truck raising almost every time I drive it 😕
Sounds exactly like mine was. Def not right.

They definitely seem more motivated to fix things the second time it is raised in my experience- or maybe I just got lucky with who looked into it the second time each time…

Mobius1

First Name
Asim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR; Ford Fusion Energi
Occupation
Technology
I get this message after I pull out of the garage onto my uneven driveway, where the S wants to keep adjusting front to back as long as I stay there. Wish it would only adjust when set to auto and all the time…

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I've had this message a few times but nothing I'd call frequent. It was a bit alarming the first time.

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Got a strange alert for the first time today - anyone else seen this before?

"Vehicle is Raising. Stop Vehicle to Prevent Damage"

I had been out of town for about a week, so the truck had been undriven for 8 or 9 days. I had just backed out of the garage and was slowly driving out of my alley (maybe 5 mph or less) when I got the alert. Had never seen it before, even when not driving the truck for 2+ weeks. I stopped, and after about 15 seconds the truck clearly raised itself up and the warning went away. No more issues after that.

I wonder if a bunch of air leaked out of the bags while I was gone and it was worried I would bottom out?
I had this for awhile a few months ago (maybe half a dozen times) and noticed the front left was clearly dropping when I was parked. It seemed to be much worse when I left the front wheels askew, and I started only parking with them straight and the problem seemed to go away (both the dropping and the message). I assume an air leak in the suspension, which is worse when the wheels are turned. Haven't done anything else about it, would put in a ticket if/when it gets worse.

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

My driveway is a little askew so this says this to me every time. After 14 month and 21k miles still not an issue. It’s fine!

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

So far the only potential damage I've noted from this occuring is that the wheels might end up so low that it can pull the fender trim off the vehicle if you are turning. If you get the message after a recent drive it could indicate there's a leak.
Sponsored