Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

Mine is terrible, through Rivian/Nationwide. $4600/6 mo for 5 vehicles, of which the R1T is the second most valuable.

My rate tripled when I moved the Rivian from Maine to NM. I guess there are lots of uninsured drivers here.
Sponsored

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

I expected insurance to go up after Nationwide saw how expensive Rivians are to repair but a DOUBLE?

No tickets for atleast 15 years, no accidents for 33 years. One year of insurance was $1262.79 and now at renewal, one year is $2409.16

Guess I'll be shopping insurance for the next week. What have others found to be good carriers for the Rivian R1T?

1692747856990.png
What state?

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
For those who do not have Rivian/Nationwide, can you provide carrier and details regarding vehicle replacement coverage?

Rivian/Nationwide new vehicle replacement policy is actual VIN MSRP + 10% for first 2 years after vehicle was delivered. Rivian also explicitly covers off-roading.

Iā€™m interested to know what other options are comparable and maybe cheaper.
This is how AAA details out their "New Car Added Protection"
NEW CAR ADDED PROTECTION COVERAGE ENDORSEMENT

In the event of a covered total loss to a "your covered auto", we will pay to replace that vehicle if:
1. Collision Coverage and Comprehensive Coverage are shown in the Declarations as applicable to that vehicle;
2. New Car Added Protection Coverage is shown in the Declarations as applicable to that vehicle;
3. You are the original owner of that vehicle; and
4. The covered total loss occurs during a policy period that began any time during a calendar year in which that vehicle was two model years old or less.

The amount we pay to replace the "your covered auto" will not exceed the cost of:
1. A new vehicle of the same make and model with the same equipment; or,
2. If a new vehicle of the same make and model with the same equipment is not available, the cost of a new vehicle that is:
a. Similar in size, class, body type and equipment; and
b. Similar in price to the price you paid for the vehicle being replaced, as adjusted for inflation, but not to exceed an amount equal to 110% of the Manufacturerā€™s Suggested Retail Price of the vehicle being replaced.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
It appears that insurance is way cheaper in other states compared to TX. I am paying $2500/year for 2 cars 2 drivers, for Rivian it will be ~$2000/year with Electric Insurance. 6 years of clean history for both of us and this rate is after corporate discount. I was quoted in >$3000/year by Nationwide(Rivian) and few other providers.

How much others paying in TX?
$1,100 on 2 vehicles, 2 drivers, 1k deductible, 100k/300k with Progressive, 6 month rate...so...not much less than you I guess.

Si.LE.R1S

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 R1S Launch Edition, ā€˜20 eTron Chronos Edition
Clubs

This is how AAA details out their "New Car Added Protection"
Sounds like a comparable plan. The Rivian insurance also includes gap coverage in the same rider, and covers the vehicle at 110% MSRP for first 3 years and 100% original MSRP up to 6 years if Iā€™m reading correctly. Gonna talk with agent to confirm. Iā€™ve attached if anyone wants the specifics.

In relation to OPs post, I guess Iā€™m just trying to gauge whether the Rivian ā€œCadillacā€ plan is worth it - things seem to point to continuing increases in yet another hidden EV tax.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sponsored

tusharparmar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

$1,100 on 2 vehicles, 2 drivers, 1k deductible, 100k/300k with Progressive, 6 month rate...so...not much less than you I guess.
I was with Progressive before switching and they quoted me around $1200/6 months, also they didn't offer vehicle replacement & glass coverage. Still, I am paying pretty high price. Not sure why.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I was with Progressive before switching and they quoted me around $1200/6 months, also they didn't offer vehicle replacement & glass coverage. Still, I am paying pretty high price. Not sure why.
I would assume location. I had higher rates in the Metroplex when I lived up there. Had 2 vehicles stolen.

Q-ship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Model X Plaid, 2022 Model Y perf
743/6 months 500 deductible collision , 100 deductible comprehensive. State Farm, SLC. Most expensive premium I have ever had. For comparison, my Model X Plaid is 470/6 months with the same deductibles.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

My Allstate premium for the R1T is $560/6 mos. I have three vehicles on this policy and have full coverage. I live in the rural Florida Panhandle. I am concerned that I will see a hike in the next policy period.

Brian

Sponsored

Feetdry

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ridgeline, Hydro 84
Occupation
medical sales
My USAA actually just dropped $56/6 month period, and my wife's Honda Civic dropped $15 so šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø
As a 55-year member of USAA, with my subscriber savings account and the "old timers" account, my Rivian's insurance has hardly raised.

R1TS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Whatever you have to do, get glass coverage.

These windshields arenā€™t cheap (very expensive, actually) and they crack easily. Youā€™ll be out thousands for a windshield replacement each time.

tusharparmar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Whatever you have to do, get glass coverage.

These windshields arenā€™t cheap (very expensive, actually) and they crack easily. Youā€™ll be out thousands for a windshield replacement each time.
Agree, I forgot to mention but I am already up for windshield replacement and Rivian quoted $1700. Luckily, I have $50 deductible for glass so saved there.

Darkon

First Name
Christophe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G37x
I know local market can be crazy, but I think you need to shop around. Insurance are not your friends, you can dump them.

Just renew 6mo for $709 and I have 2 cars.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
šŸŒ²šŸŒ²R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Some of these rates are crazy. I pay $802/6mo for my R1S and Lucid Air. $500 coll / $100 comp, 100/300 and gap new car replacemen, one driver ā€¦ in So Cal with Costco Connect insurance
Sponsored