Use the under seat storage
Sponsored

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

Fire extinguishers are amazing. I put out a 6'x6' gasoline fire almost instantly. Now I don't have gas though. 😁 I do carry extinguishers and so do my employees, being in construction OSHA and all... A plumber on another job burned down half a dozen houses in framing once trying to sweat some pipes. No extinguisher.

A friend of my brother in law died right in front of me. He had been working on his RV and went for a test drive near my house. I think a fuel line was loose. Took the inside engine cover off to stop the fire and the whole inside went. Winnebagos like that only had a center door. I filmed the whole thing not knowing someone was inside while the fire department struggled numerous times to put it out. It kept flaring back up.

Yea fire extinguishers are pretty handy. 😞

jnc007

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘13 tacoma
Occupation
Firefighter/ paramedic
Firstly, yes, this extinguisher (HAL GUARD HG100) is not for the Rivian lithium battery. It is for a sudden fire in the vehicle, small fires at a camping site, or some help along the road.

Secondly, I am unsure of the best or most convenient places for placement and installation. Maybe in the front storage place or the back of the second-row seats. Do you have any suggestions?

For reference, I've included some photos of the fire extinguisher and potential installation spots. Your insights would be greatly appreciated.

01.jpg

Info about Fire Extinguisher

15% discount

02.jpg

Can one drill into this area to secure the mount?

03.jpg

Other side...

04.jpg

Install on the back side of either second-row seat??

04.jpg
A) i wonder how many of us were going to jump all over you about the extinguisher for use on your truck before we read all the way through? 😂

b) I dont know where you live or your climate, but Id put it in your bed somewhere. More easily accessible, and if something went wrong, you dont want that going off in your cabin

Sponsored

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
What about near the emergency kit? Also couldn't you make something out of foam to keep it in place? I'm just throwing ideas without having any expertise or knowledge. Isn't that what the internet was invented for.

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S DPM Max Pack 20" AT

b) I dont know where you live or your climate, but Id put it in your bed somewhere. More easily accessible, and if something went wrong, you dont want that going off in your cabin
OP does not have a bed. OP has an R1S.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JoMo

JoMo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Captain Delta Air Lines
Roof rack?
No roof rack on my R1S.
I'm hoping someone might know what is under the flat sides of the front trunk. I want to set short screws into that material if possible. It would fit just perfectly and be convenient for access if needed.

BCondrey

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
Someplace you can get to it quickly. Not the frunk or the spare tire well.

Magicbus

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Performance R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Occupation
Retired
Hmmm... Sitting here wondering what might catch fire in an EV that I want to hang around and try to put out with a hand held extinguisher. :oops:

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

No roof rack on my R1S.
I'm hoping someone might know what is under the flat sides of the front trunk. I want to set short screws into that material if possible. It would fit just perfectly and be convenient for access if needed.
Where you're talking about putting it is right above the structural members of the vehicle so there aren't any wires etc running in that area.
Rivian R1T R1S Where to place a Fire Extinguisher 1716846287460-d7

Check out the video link for the full Frunk teardown. keep in mind this is on an early build from 2022, so some things have changed. Notably, the 12v outlet and the secondary magnet for the frunk floor divider. I also don't think they still use magnets to secure the front trim.

Rivian R1T R1S Where to place a Fire Extinguisher 1716846251742-kf

OP
OP
JoMo

JoMo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Captain Delta Air Lines
Where you're talking about putting it is right above the structural members of the vehicle so there aren't any wires etc running in that area.
1716846287460-d7.png

Check out the video link for the full Frunk teardown. keep in mind this is on an early build from 2022, so some things have changed. Notably, the 12v outlet and the secondary magnet for the frunk floor divider. I also don't think they still use magnets to secure the front trim.

1716846251742-kf.png
Now that was what I was looking for. Metal and no wires. Not sure I want to tap that yet but great information with the photos and the video.
If interested in this quality fire extinguisher, take advantage of the 15% discount in first post.
Sponsored