Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Summing up the first half before I fell asleep

- 900hp
- 0-60 in 2.9 seconds
- Kyle figures 140 usd for this model 95k for the base. US Pricing not announced
- Frunk is enough to store charging cable.
- Air ducts are cool
- Lidar has spray nozzles, side facing Lidar retracts into the body
- Interior is fantastic quality with metal switches/laser cut speaker grills
- Sound system is 2000 watts, only made it to 40% before ears started to bleed. Superb quality.
- Trunk is quite functional, but rear seats don't fold flat at all due to seat bolsters
- Leg room in the rear is quite good
- Several styling and space cues are definitely inspired/aimed at the luxury Chinese market. (Chinese company is the main baker of Lotus)
- Infotainment is running Unreal Engine, and is quick and responsive.
- Charging is 350kW with and engineering focus on battery/motor cooling
- Seats aren't perforated, so no cooling. Front seats are heated, rear don't appear to be.

Kyle got in the car to do a drive.... I fell asleep.
I like the look of it and it'd probably fit pretty well with what I want in a daily driver, but I also really like my R1T and am not sure I want to give it up for something that has better road manners but lacks the breadth in capability.
Sponsored

usofrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
I watched it on fast forward last night. The summary above was about it, other than they looked up to see that there are other seats available like massaging seats. They continued to gush over the vehicle, a lot. It apparently handles much more like a sport SUV than something like the Rivian which handles like a sporty truck.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I like the look of it and it'd probably fit pretty well with what I want in a daily driver, but I also really like my R1T and am not sure I want to give it up for something that has better road manners but lacks the breadth in capability.
And for damn near twice the price. IDK about you but I have a real hard time above the 100K mark for vehicles. It seems like the law of diminishing returns to me. For right around that 100 you can get some pretty extreme performance and capable vehicles with more or less all the features available. I too would like something more sporty but 150-175 for this compared to the 80 I spent on my R1 or the 82 on my wife's BMW i4 M50 I ordered and should be here end of the year or beginning of next is a large pill to swallow.

Maybe it's something that you have no issue with, and that's perfectly okay. I am not criticizing someone for spending their money on one, it looks cool. As I said in another thread I very much live in a glass house when spending money wisely is concerned. This is just a particular hangup I have with vehicles in particular.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Summing up the first half before I fell asleep

- 900hp
- 0-60 in 2.9 seconds
- Kyle figures 140 usd for this model 95k for the base. US Pricing not announced
- Frunk is enough to store charging cable.
- Air ducts are cool
- Lidar has spray nozzles, side facing Lidar retracts into the body
- Interior is fantastic quality with metal switches/laser cut speaker grills
- Sound system is 2000 watts, only made it to 40% before ears started to bleed. Superb quality.
- Trunk is quite functional, but rear seats don't fold flat at all due to seat bolsters
- Leg room in the rear is quite good
- Several styling and space cues are definitely inspired/aimed at the luxury Chinese market. (Chinese company is the main baker of Lotus)
- Infotainment is running Unreal Engine, and is quick and responsive.
- Charging is 350kW with and engineering focus on battery/motor cooling
- Seats aren't perforated, so no cooling. Front seats are heated, rear don't appear to be.

Kyle got in the car to do a drive.... I fell asleep.
You saved me an hour of my life that I would never have gotten back again.

You sir are scholar and a gentleman.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
For the same'ish price as the Polestar 3, this wins my vote.. only question would be reliability. Kef is my home audio speaker setup, would love to have that in a vehicle.
Same! I have the kef Reference speakers and I would love to have something near that caliber in a car. But it’s more than I’d want to spend. The Polestar 3 I specked is $85k the lotus would likely be $110k. Since they’re owned by the same parent company I think they’re using the same skateboard platform / battery / likely other components. Also you’d have to deal with lotus service instead of Volvo service which would be concerning.

Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

OOS Kyle got to drive the Eletre R and apparently loved it. Long video is long, I watched at 1.5-2x.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

My friend sent me these yesterday of an Eletre prototype from some sort of event in North Scottsdale:

Rivian R1T R1S Who is excited about the Eletre? IMG_2663

Rivian R1T R1S Who is excited about the Eletre? IMG_2664

Rivian R1T R1S Who is excited about the Eletre? IMG_2660

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Associate was able to test drive one recently. Liked the outside styling, fit and finish, drive/performance. Had concerns about support and the interior design.

That all being said, wasn't willing to put $130k? on a car he didn't feel like he could trust.
Sponsored