Sponsored

Will I be the only Rivian in New England?

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
Picked up mine today! Woohoo. One thing left me a little salty, of course. Immediately I was told the tonneau didn't work and the delivery person was like "Oh, you didn't know that? Your guide should have told you and offered to find you a new VIN." Well no, none of that was ever done. I wouldn't have opted for another VIN, but a heads-up would have been nice. Now I just hope it isn't too long before I can get it fixed. It's stuck closed, so I can't use my truck like a truck yet. Otherwise, it's been great. I've already gone out for a few unnecessary drives since getting home around 4:30pm today.
Sponsored

Aubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Preorder
Anybody hear anything from the MA Mor-EV truck people yet? It's been about 6 weeks for me and my application is still processing.

MAR1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, R1T
Clubs

Anybody hear anything from the MA Mor-EV truck people yet? It's been about 6 weeks for me and my application is still processing.
I have my mor-ev trucks check already.
It took a few weeks from submitting the docs to approval. Judging by this thread, the rate of R1T being delivered in MA has gone way up since I got mine. So I would bet mor-ev has a long backlog.

jshaff

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Mine got approved a couple weeks back, but i still dont have the check yet.

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I got an application number 4 weeks ago but no movement on it since getting the number (which itself took a couple of weeks). I submitted everything they could possibly need based on posts from others here, so I'm hoping that I can pass go and collect my $200 without delay.

It's such a hilarious process because even if they already got the first 200 applications, one person could probably process them all in a few days, so it's fascinating that it takes months, lol.

Sponsored

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
I just heard from them yesterday regarding submitting my paperwork, which I did right away. We'll see how long before I hear back again, but I'm fully expecting up to 4 weeks for that.

mdfr8as

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T + R1S preorders
I just reached out after waiting 4 weeks and they emailed back yesterday confirming I got the full $7,500. Check will take up to 6 weeks. I would email them for an update. They seem to need a nudge.

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Speak of the devil, my application was approved today. I'm going to open a separate thread with a step-by-step guide for this credit since it was a pain to figure out and relies on information buried 40 pages deep in this thread, lol.

p3ck

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I was just approved as well! Yay

Sponsored

Aubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Preorder
Also just got the approval email!

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
When it's Friday afternoon and have been processing the newest batch of 1000 vehicle orders for some megacorp all week, you just gotta unwind a bit by switching over to all those Rivian idiots flooding your inbox until the weekend hits.

p3ck

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Will I be the only Rivian in New England? PXL_20220903_225439933

First time using a fast charger and had good company. :) This was in Chicopee, MA Yesterday.

But I could only plug into the 150kw chargers because all the 350kw are on the left side and the cables don't reach! And I can't back in far enough either.. :-(

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 Chevy diesel, 1947 Dodge truck, MG midget
Occupation
Historic house steward
Is anyone taking their truck to interesting places and what advice do you have regarding charging? I’m a bland and boring contractor with a 15 mile daily commute looking to live vicariously through the rest of you guys

;)

aww181

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, 64 Triumph Spitfire
If you would like to show off your Rivian, possibly meet up with other Rivian owners, talk to the public about EV ownership in general, I recommend participating in a National Drive Electric event.
There are several events in New England which run from September 23rd to October 2nd. https://driveelectricweek.org
I have been a volunteer at many of these events over the past five years with my other EV's.

So far, I am signed up for the
Saturday September 24 event in Concord NH
I'm curious if you are still planning to go to concord? The site doesn't list a Rivian in concord this Saturday but I do see one registered in Lowell. I'd love to see the truck first hand. Haven't see one up close since the show in Austin and that was an early prototype. Thanks!
Sponsored