Sponsored

WSJ coming around to EVs

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Interesting. My comment on who the WSJ owner is got deleted. Go ahead and delete this too. If I really wanted to be political, I would have said ........Now I wonder who owns this website. Delete, ban, what ever
It’s really too much. The constant censoring has become obnoxious.
Sponsored

uphill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, undisclosed PHEV, undisclosed classic V8
All fair. Politics has become a fan club, and it's no longer about getting things right... it's about being right, no matter the cost. Common sense and courtesy lose out to fandom.
I suspect this is more or less what you meant but... being right is a fine and admirable goal. To work towards it, you have to change your mind in the face of contradicting evidence or logic. That's the part everyone seems to have given up on.

Rivianready

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Jeep Gr Cherokee SRT, Suburban LTZ
Occupation
Business owner
Clubs

I’m a subscriber to the WSJ and their reporting is first rate. I avoid the editorial side of things. Thankfully, there is not much crossover. The WSJ still has real journalists who do real investigative work. That being said the comments made about EVs by WSJ readers are backwards, old fashioned, and uninformed to say the least. The vast majority of them have never driven an EV. They dismiss them out of hand. For many, driving an EV is a political statement about climate change (many of them deny it exists). As is the case with man made climate change, no amount of hard evidence will change their minds about EVs. They want to keep their ICE cars because they hate change.

John G.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Retired

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Good article. Also, loved Dan Neil's ending sentiment:

"I know they’re not for everybody, but as for me, you can have my EV when you pry it from my cold, frostbitten fingers."
If he drove a Rivian, his hands and torso would be very warm and his feet would be frostbitten😌