Sponsored

Will I be the only Rivian in New England?

ShrinkDoc

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, VW Alltrack
Occupation
Psychiatrist
Just spoke to guide, my truck is already in Chelsey so might be as soon as early next week they reach out to schedule delivery
Congrats! And nice to hear that some 20" AT deliveries are still happening.
Sponsored

jwardell

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jwardell.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

I'm number 26. ⚡
Well my application number was number 00008! :p
Is there anything else out there that qualifies yet? It's probably going to the first 200 rivians in the state, whose owners even know the rebate exists. That might take a while!

jwardell

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jwardell.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

Perhaps it would be a good time to end this thread? Every time I check the NE forum this is at the top yet there are already three Rivian in my town including one five doors down from me. Posts to this thread are often off topic.... I personally would like to see thread titles that help me find discussions I am interested in and not miss posts that are "hidden" because they are buried in what has become a general discussion thread.
It's incredibly useful for a forum to have a new england general discussion thread. It really builds a sense of community and adds to the value of the forum. Especially if it's a place where folks can drift a bit in conversation

Paradigm_Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Audi RS5, and a few more
Occupation
Architect
Clubs

It's incredibly useful for a forum to have a new england general discussion thread. It really builds a sense of community and adds to the value of the forum. Especially if it's a place where folks can drift a bit in conversation
Agreed. But this thread should be retitled by the moderators so all (new) visitors to this forum will understand

jshaff

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Cybersecurity
I am planning to take the R1 out to Truro, which is a ways out for me, looks to not be much charging out there. Has anyone used the chargers in hyanis?

Sponsored

RivianCurious

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EV, Rivian R1T
Clubs

I am planning to take the R1 out to Truro, which is a ways out for me, looks to not be much charging out there. Has anyone used the chargers in hyanis?
I recommend checking plugshare. There are 2 dcfcs at the cape cod mall that look OK although under powered

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 Chevy diesel, 1947 Dodge truck, MG midget
Occupation
Historic house steward
I used the Electrify America chargers off rt3 in Plymouth this weekend and they were finicky at best, I couldn’t get 350kwh, 150kwh had to be reset after 18 minutes and then it powered back to 53kwh but I may have found a Subaru Outback for my daughter.

I only had to get from Plymouth back to Boston so I didn’t have a problem with going from 29 miles up to 136. I have to also say that this truck loves rush hour traffic, at one point the 15 efficiency gauge was showing 3.74 miles / kWh in conserve!

let us know how the truro trip goes.

jshaff

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Cybersecurity
I used the Electrify America chargers off rt3 in Plymouth this weekend and they were finicky at best, I couldn’t get 350kwh, 150kwh had to be reset after 18 minutes and then it powered back to 53kwh but I may have found a Subaru Outback for my daughter.

I only had to get from Plymouth back to Boston so I didn’t have a problem with going from 29 miles up to 136. I have to also say that this truck loves rush hour traffic, at one point the 15 efficiency gauge was showing 3.74 miles / kWh in conserve!

let us know how the truro trip goes.
Thanks, i would feel much better if the destination was not a rental, where at best i can use a 14-30 with a huge extension cord.

I have tried charging on 120 before i had the home charger, and that was basically pointless.

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
Thanks, i would feel much better if the destination was not a rental, where at best i can use a 14-30 with a huge extension cord.

I have tried charging on 120 before i had the home charger, and that was basically pointless.
I have apps for
- ChargePoint
- EV go
- Electrify America

but haven’t tried Plug share and there may be more.

I also think Hyannis will have a few options for charging, but I’d check all the apps so you know what your options are.

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
I have apps for
- ChargePoint
- EV go
- Electrify America

but haven’t tried Plug share and there may be more.

I also think Hyannis will have a few options for charging, but I’d check all the apps so you know what your options are.
FYI If you are able to get to the town hall there’s a free ChargePoint charger behind the building where you MIGHT be able to leave it overnight. ChargePoint has a “notify when available” function in the app in case it’s in use…

Sponsored

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
If every DCFC came with a free Subaru Outback I don't think I'd mind the slower charging

jshaff

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Got my mor-ev approved today. Waiting for the check.

Patsfan038

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Scientist
This is a custom job right? Not the Xpel/Rivian template and special pricing? I contacted a shop in Andover about doing the full stealth… but they don’t recommend the template and pricing that Rivian and Xpel came up with… since there’s no color correction or custom wrapping. I just don’t know if $6,500 for the custom is worth the investment… but it would look amazing with our limestone? Rivian price is $4,500.
If you are looking to get PPF for your car, I highly recommend this shop. This is the second car I brought to AutoNuvo (Tesla M3 4 years ago). James and his team did a great job back then with the Tesla and again with the R1T. I went with the full body package this time and the car looks great!

https://www.autonuvo.com/

D57670FC-933F-413A-BB10-E8890452A8CD.jpeg
AFA47C7A-5145-40DE-9256-574FB10F63CD.jpeg
Hey! So my truck was hanging out with your truck at AutoNuvo :0) I guess we both are getting tinted windows and are snap-plate buddies. I’m actually taking my wife’s X to the for tinting next week

Rivian R1T R1S Will I be the only Rivian in New England? 3F0AE9EC-57D3-43AD-A5DB-D43B6DAF0699

Last edited:

Patsfan038

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Scientist
Got my mor-ev approved today. Waiting for the check.
Did you get an email? What’s your application number?
Sponsored