Sponsored

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Not for me, but I’m sure a few in Texas will sport one. We have plenty of trucks here who have those style bumpers/ guards installed.
Sponsored

scottf200

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Past Ford Exped; curr TMX 100D; future BEV truck
Occupation
sw engineer

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Good chart. Thank you for sharing. I live in Virginia and have been in four accidents with deer. It's no joke when you're cruising along in the left lane of I-95 or 66 at 60+ mph and a deer jumps over the guardrail from the woods and comes through the grill/hood of your truck.

I will always remember the cop telling me "if I'd have been driving a smaller vehicle I could have been killed", and that someone else had been killed in the same spot a week earlier.

I will also remember walking back along that stretch of road a few days later and seeing all the dead deer. Someone had sawed the rack off *my deer* by the time I came back for it. That was my rack, LOL! 😡🤦

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

My wife is sitting here and reminded me that a deer just ran in front of my Rivian a couple weeks ago. One of the few times I've had to use the brakes in that vehicle so far. It is so frequent I can't even remember all the near-misses. TBH I feel bad. We've over-developed this area so much, the poor deer and other animals have nowhere else they can go. 😢

Sponsored

scottf200

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Past Ford Exped; curr TMX 100D; future BEV truck
Occupation
sw engineer
Good chart. Thank you for sharing. I live in Virginia and have been in four accidents with deer. It's no joke when you're cruising along in the left lane of I-95 or 66 at 60+ mph and a deer jumps over the guardrail from the woods and comes through the grill/hood of your truck.

I will always remember the cop telling me "if I'd have been driving a smaller vehicle I could have been killed", and that someone else had been killed in the same spot a week earlier.

I will also remember walking back along that stretch of road a few days later and seeing all the dead deer. Someone had sawed the rack off *my deer* by the time I came back for it. That was my rack, LOL! 😡🤦
Indeed. I know plenty of people that have hit deer. I've had a very serious accident because of a deer as well. I guess 'city' people don't know about deer accidents ... bahaha.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
were those on customer or company vehicles?
I saw them there a couple weeks ago. Both of those trucks have logos on them having to do with a native american group (I can't remember the exact name) but it was obvious they weren't going to individuals.

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (upgraded), 20"] 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

Many years ago while driving through the White Mountains in Arizona, I stopped to watch a group of elk that were feeding near the road. A state trooper stopped to inquire if we were okay. He mentioned that there were at least two elk strikes a week along that stretch of highway. Think a deer strike can cause some damage (and it can) - try hitting an elk.

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

Indeed. I know plenty of people that have hit deer. I've had a very serious accident because of a deer as well. I guess 'city' people don't know about deer accidents ... bahaha.
The first time I visited Australia, noticed lots of cars (sedans, mind you) with these things on. It appears that hitting roos are problematic outside of cities. Fairly large number of vehicles had them (I'm sure it was in single digit percentage of vehicles but enough that I noticed it).

I drove from Sydney to Brisbane (~550 miles) inland and noticed some roos in the wild and signs cautioning the drivers danger of hitting them on the regular basis along the road.

Sponsored

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

try hitting an elk.
I remember the joke that in the US, you hit a deer and the sides of the road are littered with dead deer. A little further north in Canada, they have moose. And you see the moose walking away while the sides of the road are littered with dead cars. 😆

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Those aren't going to do much to actually protect your truck in case of an animal strike, the mounting is low compared to the height. Will just have the tubular steel pushed back into your hood too.

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Something like this would look much nicer, imo:

Rivian R1T R1S Bull bars installed on 2 Rivians at Denver Service Center IMG_6562

wicked2112

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & CrossTrek
Occupation
Warranty & Product Integrity Manager - Yakima Racks.
Clubs