Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
The vast majority of those still wanting a Cybertruck are waiting for non-foundation pricing. $79,999 + $7500 tax credit is a lot cheaper than $100k for the Foundation Dual Motor. Tesla is trying to milk as many Foundation orders as they can.

Mandarin

First Name
Serg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22" R1T
Jan 2023....I was wrong on estimate of 750,000.....I just rechecked my estimated place in line using my RN #

order cyber line.png
That tracker is definitely legit...

I put mine in Jun of 2023, and here is what it shows xD

Good for Tesla they will assemble over a million of refrigerators on September of 2026

Rivian R1T R1S How I Know Cybertruck Pre-Orders have TANKED on Sales trackin

TexasBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Jan 2023....I was wrong on estimate of 750,000.....I just rechecked my estimated place in line using my RN #

order cyber line.png
A lot of folks whining that the tracker is inaccurate (same tracker that was proof of demand a year ago, but never mind). Musk himself claimed more than 600,000 CT orders in Sept 2022. If you ordered in Jan 2023, you were definitely well beyond the 750k range. Reservation conversion numbers are crap. We dropped ours for an R1T. They will get a pickup when the FS series is gone, but it is a much more competitive market now with the Gen2 R1T and the range-monster Silverado and the next gen F150 scheduled to beat the non-FS Cybertrucks to market. Tesla in trouble on this one.

Sponsored

Gen(R3)Xer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
I think they’re going down the entire reservation list to see who they can get to pay $100K - $120K for the Foundation series. Once they exhaust that list then they’ll start ramping up more and fulfill their other orders.

Tesla is trying to make up for all of the money they spent on R&D, new manufacturing processes, etc. over the last 4+ years. You can pass on the Foundation series, keep your place in line, and eventually get the CT that you originally ordered within the next couple of years.

Drathen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, M3P
Occupation
IT
I placed my CT deposit on the night of the reveal and received the invitation email for the Foundation series the first week of January. After 4 years of waiting I found the the Foundation series to be a slap in the face and so I started looking at other options. That is how I ended up with my R1T which replaced my M3P (I really miss AP 😞). I think Tesla shot themselves in the foot with the Foundation series… if that email in January had been for a regular priced DM CT then I would probably be driving a CT now.

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

order cyber line.png
I placed my deposit in November ‘21, yet this tracker says I’m 1.5 million in line, but am still expected to receive delivery in 2025. I own two Teslas, stock, and live in CA. I have not received an order email. None of this makes sense, but I’m not bothered by it because I don’t really want a Cybertruck anyway.

Rivian R1T R1S How I Know Cybertruck Pre-Orders have TANKED on Sales IMG_3175

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

I placed my deposit in November ‘21, yet this tracker says I’m 1.5 million in line, but am still expected to receive delivery in 2025. I own two Teslas, stock, and live in CA. I have not received an order email. None of this makes sense, but I’m not bothered by it because I don’t really want a Cybertruck anyway.

IMG_3175.jpeg
Go figure. I maInly traded Tesla stock for 18 months to pay for my entire R1T a few years back. That is why I shouted the praises of Elon.;)

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
When you announce a sub-$40k vehicle that has infinite capability and then debut it at $100k with less capability than originally hyped, you're not going to convert a lot of your reservations. I'm sure the conversion rate will improve once they start dropping the price, but I'll bet it's still going to be pretty low.

I'm honestly still shocked they're actually manufacturing the thing. It's an extremely expensive gimmick that will eventually lose almost all appeal. If they're smart, they'll already working on a more practical and mass-market appeal truck and SUV. Otherwise they're going to lose a lot of market share to Ford, GM, Kia/Hyundai, and Rivian.

Sponsored

Brian-MS90D

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S (Dual Motor, Max pack, LA Silver)
If you pass on the offer to buy the FS then do you lose your reservation and "spot" in line for when the normal priced models come out?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

By the time the “cheaper” model is available in 2 years the price will be higher to squeeze the folks who waited out the ”Founders” model.

Elon does this every time.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
If you pass on the offer to buy the FS then do you lose your reservation and "spot" in line for when the normal priced models come out?
If it plays out like the Model 3 and Model Y, then they'll just open up orders to pretty much anybody at some point and basically just ignore the reservation list. I had a first-10 minutes Model 3 reservation and by the time I got my email saying I could convert it to an order, anybody who just went onto the website without any reservation could have already placed an order weeks earlier.

Noplacelikeloam

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Creative management
Clubs

Given yesterdays news, I wont be proceeding with my CT order. Its either QM Max or R1X. CT now looks a little redundant to me.