Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
2024 Rivian R1S Performance Dual Motor Standard+
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I found that linking live data from the car to ABRP was easier via a desktop. So I made a quick video on how to do so.

Rivian R1T R1S How to link your Rivian's live data to ABRP 5.0 1718908790142-dy
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Interesting article on Rivian Tracker showing live integration in the works between Rivian and ABRP routing.

Edit:
Here are release notes for latest ABRP update

Rivian R1T R1S How to link your Rivian's live data to ABRP 5.0 IMG_3721

Last edited:

NC-Rivian

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LA Silver R1T; Blue R1S
Occupation
Sales
Interesting article on Rivian Tracker showing live integration in the works between Rivian and ABRP routing.

Edit:
Here are release notes for latest ABRP update

IMG_3721.jpeg
Practically any enhancement will make the app better. Using any version <5.0 is an exercise in obfuscation and tests the patience.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Practically any enhancement will make the app better. Using any version <5.0 is an exercise in obfuscation and tests the patience.
Interesting perspective. 🤔

I’ve been using ABRP for years including a 5500 mile trip in my R1S and a 6500 mile trip in my Tesla Model S and have had great experiences with it. It is my go to app when I start planning a trip. 🤷🏻

NC-Rivian

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LA Silver R1T; Blue R1S
Occupation
Sales
Interesting perspective. 🤔

I’ve been using ABRP for years including a 5500 mile trip in my R1S and a 6500 mile trip in my Tesla Model S and have had great experiences with it. It is my go to app when I start planning a trip. 🤷🏻
Probably I'm just not smart enough to wade through the nuances. I find the initial request fairly straightforward but I find it difficult to make any adjustments to the original route planning knowing that both my T and S have longer legs than is assumed by the app. Perhaps v5.0 will make me smarter. 😏

Sponsored

Kacey3

First Name
Kacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition; MotoGuzzi V7II
Occupation
IT Support Manager
Clubs

That's a cool addition... but I also noticed that the option to add an amenity to your stop appears to be gone. Hopefully that's a glitch with the update because I really liked being able to find places to eat near the chargers, and let ABRP extend the charge estimate based on a meal stop.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
I set mine up and after I logged into my Rivian acct on ABRP site, Live Data shows that it is linked under Edit Connections, but just shows as Registering, no data is shown ... how long should this take? Vehicle is at home in garage, it was sleeping and I woke it from the app, but still no data.

MidnightRivian

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Thanks for creating this post. I’ll try to connect this weekend before my road trip.

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
That's a cool addition... but I also noticed that the option to add an amenity to your stop appears to be gone. Hopefully that's a glitch with the update because I really liked being able to find places to eat near the chargers, and let ABRP extend the charge estimate based on a meal stop.
Add amenity under the "...more" at the bottom right.

Sponsored

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
I set mine up and after I logged into my Rivian acct on ABRP site, Live Data shows that it is linked under Edit Connections, but just shows as Registering, no data is shown ... how long should this take? Vehicle is at home in garage, it was sleeping and I woke it from the app, but still no data.
I had the same thing happen initially, but then I noticed under my profile that it was showing two vehicles because this linking process somehow created a new vehicle profile?

Regardless, I deleted both vehicles, then started the process again, and this time it quickly connected.

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Thanks for the notice there was an update and the linking video.

This is a very nice update.

Hercules10

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
Thanks I set mine up. Wish this came out last week. Just did a 2200 mile road trip, paper planning with ABRP

MrMusAddict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Data Analyst
I'm unable to log into my Rivian account through ABRP. It just says "Wrong email or password". I'm not typing it in wrong because I copied it from the Rivian.com login page 😅 My credentials successfully log me into Rivian.com, but not on this ABRP linkage prompt.

Rivian R1T R1S How to link your Rivian's live data to ABRP 5.0 1718925674097-4k

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
I had the same thing happen initially, but then I noticed under my profile that it was showing two vehicles because this linking process somehow created a new vehicle profile?

Regardless, I deleted both vehicles, then started the process again, and this time it quickly connected.
Thanks. I’ll try that
Sponsored