Thinking about getting on the list

corn

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ram 1500
I'm seriously thinking about getting on the list for an R1T. My problem is my height. I'm 6-5 and worry I won't be comfortable in the truck. I really like EV's. My daughter has a Model Y and I love driving it. My wife was supposed to get her Model Y last month but, that got pushed to the fall. If anyone has any knowledge on how spacious the truck is I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!
Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Plenty of us are over 6'2" and fit great! But I bet @SASSquatch can comment further...

KiloV

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5 Cabriolet, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Executive
I'm 6'4". My R1T is my daily driver. I think it's very comfortable. I say đź‘Ť.

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

I've only test driven, but at 6'5" there was plenty of room to spare. That's even with the seat pulled up some to give plenty of room for a rear-facing baby seat in the back.

Sponsored

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
6’5” here and I have plenty of room to spare. It’s my daily driver and am extremely comfortable in it.

Mike Hunt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I’m 6’6.5 at 250lbs and have plenty of room. But behind me not so much.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Plenty of us are over 6'2" and fit great! But I bet @SASSquatch can comment further...
Greetings fellow Sasquatch!

While I'm not an owner quite yet, I I can speak from my experience during my First Mile Drive. I'm 6'5 and mostly legs and I fit comfortably in the driver's seat even though the R1T has less listed legroom (41.4 in) than our C-Max Hybrid (43.1 in). There are several reasons for this :
  1. The R1T steering wheel has a flat bottom AND significant adjustment in both the telescoping and height adjustment.
    1. This means you can adjust the steering wheel so that your knees are behind it which frees your legs up significantly.
    2. The flat bottom also reduces the overall diameter of the wheel which creates more space between the bottom of the wheel and your legs.
  2. Unlike vehicles with sunroofs that impinge on headroom, the R1T has a glass roof (like Tesla) which actually adds headroom because it occupies less volume than a standard roof.
  3. Importantly, I did not feel like my visibility was compromised by the seating position - I had great visibility.
I can't speak to long road-trips, which is something I still am hoping to evaluate, but for the 30 minutes I spent behind the wheel in city driving, I was very comfortable.

With the driver's seat in the most rearward position, however, you will not have a lot of space behind you for an adult. A very tiny adult or a child will be OK.

Sponsored

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

I hear ya! I'm just checking all the boxes before I commit. I wish I could sit in one!
I feel your pain @corn. The proof is in the driver's seat which you need to sit in. I used to frequent auto shows in part so that I could sit in every vehicle from every manufacturer to get a sense of how comfortable they were. It was a great and efficient way to experience the driver's seat without any sales pressure.

You need to find yourself a very nice forum member who is local to you and has taken delivery of their R1T and become friends.

Bribes help too. :)

Also, you should know 7' 1" Shaquille O'Neal Fits!

Rivian R1T R1S Thinking about getting on the list Screen Shot 2022-07-07 at 10.34.18 PM

OP
OP

corn

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ram 1500
I feel your pain @corn. The proof is in the driver's seat which you need to sit in. I used to frequent auto shows in part so that I could sit in every vehicle from every manufacturer to get a sense of how comfortable they were. It was a great and efficient way to experience the driver's seat without any sales pressure.

You need to find yourself a very nice forum member who is local to you and has taken delivery of their R1T and become friends.

Bribes help too. :)

Also, you should know 7' 1" Shaquille O'Neal Fits!

Screen Shot 2022-07-07 at 10.34.18 PM.png
I guess if Shaq can fit into it I will have no problem. There's a dealership in Nashville that has one. I'm going to try and get down there next week and check it out.
Sponsored