John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Performance DM R1T Max Pack, BMW X3
Occupation
EV Enthusiast
Clubs

Just wanted to share this with those R1T owners who are still waiting for their manual tonneau covers. I took delivery on Nov. 30th and have been in the dark on when I would receive my manual tonneau cover that was configured with the truck - until today. I received the attached email asking me to confirm my delivery address and to expect delivery by the end of March. If others who took delivery late in 2023 received a similar email maybe Rivian is slowly getting caught up on the manual tonneau covers 🤷‍♂️

Rivian R1T R1S Latest email update on Manual Tonneau Cover delivery Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 7.15.59 PM
Sponsored

FLTANK

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Performance Dual Motor Max Pack
I received the same email this afternoon as well. I took delivery in early November 2023 with the same “by the end of March” delivery estimate on the tonneau. Nice to finally have an update fingers crossed it arrives in one piece.

solaskaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X,3, R1T Duo Max
Me as well. Someone help me -- I am buying one gear shop item a week to avoid developing a nervous twitch about this tonneau cover, or biting my nails while waiting.

RAD1

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Max Pack, Tesla Model S, GMC Denali XL
Me 3. I took delivery in November and received the same email

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
2021 reservation/config. Took delivery last July. Did not receive manual cover until 2nd week of December.

November delivery? Wait your turn and do yourself a favor: don’t obsess over it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

got mine back in August. it was part of the shipment that used the old packaging and a bunch arrived damaged, including mine. Rivian sent a replacement a few months later but i never got it - got lost in shipping or was stolen, never could figure out which. been almost 3 months waiting again but no emails about any shipping other than the first one i got in August.

Gee Bee

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw tdi golf -chevy SSR-997 Turbo S
Occupation
Design
Waiting on another assy , the one I received has broken pin .

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
For what it's worth, I've loved my manual tonneau cover, it's very easy to use, works great, and have had zero issues. I know lots of people have complained about theirs, but mine has worked great since receiving. March 2023 delivery, received my tonneau Dec 2023.

SDH

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE; Jeep Rubicon
Ah the old manual tonneau thread again!

I waited a year for mine when they we're going through their re-design/packaging issue phase but it arrived in good condition and it works well. Don't know if I would have paid full price for it but does the job very well for me. No complaints here.

elfordon

First Name
Elfordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Large Charge Marge (Max Pack R1T)
Occupation
retired
Clubs

Me, too. July 2020 R1T max pack order date; Nov 15 delivery; email yesterday.

Sponsored

ER1T

First Name
Er
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Mustang GT
Occupation
IT
I gave up waiting for the Rivian tonneau’s (manual and automatic) a while ago. Was hoping they would prioritize those of us who were shipped trucks without one…guess not! Ordered my Tail-Lidz and it was shipped with perfect packaging, and arrived one week later. Quality is excellent and it looks great. Cheaper than OEM with 2 color options.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Advertising Circus
For what it's worth, I've loved my manual tonneau cover, it's very easy to use, works great, and have had zero issues. I know lots of people have complained about theirs, but mine has worked great since receiving. March 2023 delivery, received my tonneau Dec 2023.
Ditto. It's not as convenient as the powered one, but it's also less complicated and potentially less troublesome in the long run. It does have weaknesses. But, for pre-hike price of $800 it's fine. I wouldn't pay more than that.

The powered cover's compartment is very easy to access. I hope the aftermarket comes up with some useful options for this pace.

Whyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I've now been waiting 400+ days for my manual tonneau (took delivery at the end of 2022). Did not received that same email this week and when I last spoke to my guide they had no updates.

There have been at least 3 times that I've been told I will be getting my tonneau, but still waiting...

Wing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Edition LG/OC 20-inch
Delivery end of Dec no email :(

So I guess I can expect another 3 months further out?

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Someone should start a poll to see if there is a correlation between original reservation date and tonneau delivery date.
Sponsored