Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Ditto. It's not as convenient as the powered one, but it's also less complicated and potentially less troublesome in the long run. It does have weaknesses. But, for pre-hike price of $800 it's fine. I wouldn't pay more than that.

The powered cover's compartment is very easy to access. I hope the aftermarket comes up with some useful options for this pace.
I agree, I would rather have the powered version, but I was "forced" into this decision in order to take delivery of my vehicle. For the pre-hike price it works great - I wouldn't pay the full boat price either.
Sponsored

WhidbeyIsland

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Lexus RX350 & 2023 R1T
Occupation
Retired!
I picked up my R1T in early November, no email notice yet... :(

Jeffh32

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1T
Occupation
Aviation
At this rate, I'll be able to get the retrofitted powered cover before the manual ships. Was a Q4 delivery and heard nothing yet on the cover.

Ohm Boy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Renewable Energy
Clubs

For what it's worth, I've loved my manual tonneau cover, it's very easy to use, works great, and have had zero issues. I know lots of people have complained about theirs, but mine has worked great since receiving. March 2023 delivery, received my tonneau Dec 2023.
Totally agree DTown!! I was fortunate enough to be able to buy one from one of our compadres here and it works great. Impressed with the quality and ease of use.

ahbe

First Name
Ahbe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Rivian R1T Dual Max
Occupation
IT
Clubs

At this rate, I'll be able to get the retrofitted powered cover before the manual ships. Was a Q4 delivery and heard nothing yet on the cover.
Same. I took delivery in December and no word on the cover shipping. But reading these replies, it sounds like some people have been waiting a long, long time. I'm eager to get a tonneau cover, but if the automatic one comes out before my manual one ships, I'll probably see about changing to that. I had the automatic one on my reservation originally. Like many others, I changed to take delivery (Performance Dual Max).

Sponsored

hgpayne

First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
Picked up the truck at the end of November 2023 -- no email nor tonneau for me as of yet. I'd rather have a working powered tonneau, but perhaps that isn't in the cards.

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
9/12/23 R1T delivery. Tonneau cover was part of my original order. I have not received any email, yet 😦

FLTANK

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Performance Dual Motor Max Pack
Hi All - Wanted to mention that I just received a shipping confirmation email from Rivian, along with UPS tracking information for my manual tonneau cover which should arrive by Wednesday of next week. Seems like they hedged quite a bit with their prior “end of March” delivery estimate which is a nice surprise so keep an eye out if you’re still waiting.

elfordon

First Name
Elfordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Large Charge Marge (Max Pack R1T)
Occupation
retired
Clubs

Nov 15 2023 R1T delivery. Got the tonneau shipping email, and it should arrive Monday, Feb 19.

OP
OP
Ironcitijc

Ironcitijc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Performance DM R1T Max Pack, BMW X3
Occupation
EV Enthusiast
Clubs

Just wanted to share this with those R1T owners who are still waiting for their manual tonneau covers. I took delivery on Nov. 30th and have been in the dark on when I would receive my manual tonneau cover that was configured with the truck - until today. I received the attached email asking me to confirm my delivery address and to expect delivery by the end of March. If others who took delivery late in 2023 received a similar email maybe Rivian is slowly getting caught up on the manual tonneau covers 🤷‍♂️

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 7.15.59 PM.png
Quick update. My tonneau cover shipped and is due to arrive this week. Much s00ner than I thought, and very happy to be getting it.

Sponsored

FLTANK

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Performance Dual Motor Max Pack
As an update my tonneau was delivered late yesterday and I installed it this evening. No shipping damage whatsoever and it installed quickly and easily so I’m very happy.

wolfsbane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, Yukon Denali, Canyon SLT
as a 2024 order from the shop with tonneau covers not even an option to add, and still not an option to order in the gear shop, and so many tonneau covers owed to 2022/2023 orders that had an option to add one, should my expectation for a tonneau cover be "never"?

Any aftermarket / 3rd party options any good? my F150 had a trifold by Bakflip that has lasted the entire 10 years i've had it, but I don't think they make one for R1T yet. Seems that anything aftermarket you get for an R1T should utilize the tracks RIVN put in there for the tonneau cover you may never be able to get.

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

as a 2024 order from the shop with tonneau covers not even an option to add, and still not an option to order in the gear shop, and so many tonneau covers owed to 2022/2023 orders that had an option to add one, should my expectation for a tonneau cover be "never"?

Any aftermarket / 3rd party options any good? my F150 had a trifold by Bakflip that has lasted the entire 10 years i've had it, but I don't think they make one for R1T yet. Seems that anything aftermarket you get for an R1T should utilize the tracks RIVN put in there for the tonneau cover you may never be able to get.
Check out Interrobang. High quality product that is much more durable than the Rivian tonneau covers. It utilizes the existing tracks.

wolfsbane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, Yukon Denali, Canyon SLT
Check out Interrobang. High quality product that is much more durable than the Rivian tonneau covers. It utilizes the existing tracks.
thank you. that looks good. says orders ship in 6-8 weeks. if the expectation for anything to be available to me in RIVN gear shop really is "never", then this may be the route to go.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
thank you. that looks good. says orders ship in 6-8 weeks. if the expectation for anything to be available to me in RIVN gear shop really is "never", then this may be the route to go.
Other options are out there. Just use the forum search and you'll find them all in seconds.
Sponsored