Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Elise 111S, R5 Turbo 2, Evo 6 TME, 65 Mustang, M3
Occupation
Digital Marketing
I got the call today, scheduled for early April at the PHX service center. Had them disable my broken cover back in October.
Sponsored

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Chatted with service earlier today. They elevated my ticket and scheduled me for April 15 at the Denver SC. PTC broken since August 2022. Slats removed and tonneau disabled soon after.

Underwhirled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, RIT
Occupation
Architect
Finally got the call and set appt for early May. They said it would take a few days and would provide a loaner, but possibly not R1 depending on availability. Glad Gaithersburg finally got it's hands on the some of these parts. I'll report back when it's real.
They scheduled first thing in the morning and said it was approximately a 4 hour repair. We'll see. I hope they are correct, but they also have been good at providing loaners if needed.

Beachbum

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Mine was replaced mid-Dec. So far, so good. I've opened/closed it 10x and no issues.

Background: TC jammed Feb '23, Mobile Service removed exposed covers shorthly thereafter. Passively received notice of replacement early Dec '23. Replaced at San Jose SC, 4.5 hours. They even charged the truck for 4 hours during replacement.

Ariscottle

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Just got the call. Ive had a disabled cover since delivery Nov. 22. I am in NorCal, the service center called and said they plan on receiving the parts in April. Im scheduled May2nd in San Jose. :)

Sponsored

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Phoenix SC is replacing my tonneau today (3/19/2024). Filed a ticket back in 6/2023. The final slat was not retracting when opening and it's been hit and miss ever since. Essentially it'd get stuck half the time but the other half it would fully retract. I just had no idea what would happen each time I used it. I was just happy the thing would still fully close so I could store crap in the bed. Guess I was luckier than some with a mostly functioning OG tonneau.

Hopefully I can use the new one more regularly and with more confidence. I definitely used it less out of fear of it malfunctioning.

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Phoenix SC is replacing my tonneau today (3/19/2024). Filed a ticket back in 6/2023. The final slat was not retracting when opening and it's been hit and miss ever since. Essentially it'd get stuck half the time but the other half it would fully retract. I just had no idea what would happen each time I used it. I was just happy the thing would still fully close so I could store crap in the bed. Guess I was luckier than some with a mostly functioning OG tonneau.

Hopefully I can use the new one more regularly and with more confidence. I definitely used it less out of fear of it malfunctioning.
Good luck. Is the PTC replacement a same-day job for you or multi-day as some others have reported?

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Good luck. Is the PTC replacement a same-day job for you or multi-day as some others have reported?
I don't know, LOL.

My appointment was for a drop off this morning at 10:30am, but I had to be at work so I asked if I could drop off after hours yesterday, which I did. I glanced at the app this morning around 9am and my vehicle already said "In service," but I haven't heard a thing from the Phoenix Service Center.

I did add one minor item. I was off-roading in Sedona over the weekend and when airing back up, my air compressor hose was leaking, so I asked them to take a look. I think I just need a new hose but maybe some crud got stuck in there. The conditions were raining and muddy. We'll see what they say. I don't imagine that adding very much to the service time.

Will post an update once I have one.

EDIT: Just checked vehicle location in app. Looks like it's in the off-site overflow parking lot. Not sure when they'll get to it, but I imagine once they start it'll be a 1-day job. Guess it depends on the current service queue.

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Has everyone been called? Rivian said on Insta that everyone would be called by the end of March.

Am I the last one that hasn’t been called?

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Better check that you have an open service ticket showing in your app.

Sponsored

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Called them today. I’ve probably called them every two months for the last year.

Finally got an official appointment for……..JUNE.

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
I got my call. Scheduled for end of May

AAA

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Clubs

Just bought a 2022 R1T Adventure with 9500 miles on it and absolutely love it but unfortunately bed cover only opens 1/8 of the way before jamming to a stop. Tried lubricating everything with no luck. To add insult to injury, the truck came with a nice Ride88 bike rack in the bed but it takes half of it and can’t be removed without opening the bed cover. Even worse I can’t get in line for this and several other repairs because they are taking over a week now in transferring ownership to me.

Has anyone had any luck fixing a jamming unit or even removing it till I can get a replacement?

thx all

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
You can try giving it a shift from the back when you hit the hit the button to close it. That has worked for some. Be quick to hit the button to stop. Keep repeating and you may get it to work. Depending on the jam it is a long shot. Sorry for your issues. I have been lucky with mine. Not sure why but I have kept it lubed with dry graphite powder since new.