First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
CIO
Have an appt for Jan 29 in Florida (Orlando SC) - looking forward to finally having a ptc that works (mine didn't since day 1).
I got my vehicle back with an operating PTC after a few days at the SC. Not sure why it took so long (I had a few other items on my service list and not all were corrected due to lack of parts). So far so good, but have to say that the sounds it makes doesn't instill a lot of confidence, though I'm happy to be proven wrong. I understand that we're dealing with the same basic stacking design with some tweaks but I don't plan to treat it with kid gloves, but not abuse it either. Fingers crossed.
Sponsored

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
Still waiting for the call to replace the never-working PTC. Ho hum....

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Still waiting for the call to replace the never-working PTC. Ho hum....
Same here. It’s been a while. Was thinking about designing a poll here to check how many members with OG PTCs have gotten the fix or been contacted about it.

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
Yeah. Because ours was delivered disabled back in '22, there's no 'service item' for it. When I last called at the end of November, they said to expect something to be scheduled before the end of the year. Really just want to make sure we're still on the radar.

Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
A friend of mine in the LA area got his fixed over a month ago, but I haven't gotten the call. Mine failed and was fixed early after I got the truck in 2022. Now it will work after I repaired it again myself and lubricate it every month. So I'm wondering if they can tell via software that mine is functioning so there is no reason to replace it.

I need to use it fairly often, so I am very diligent about keeping as much debris out as possible, but it's only a matter of time before it gets stuck again.

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I got the call last week. Gettig my replacement on March 20th. I have to remove my bed rack which I'm not looking forward to but it is what it is. My cover has only gotten stuck a couple of times early on (October 2022 delivery) but overall has worked decently well albeit quite loudly.

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
For those who have not yet gotten a call - call them. There were some flubs in the early stages where people who had open service tickets had them fall out of the system, and they were supposed to be tracking on the back end. It’s entirely possible that this process dropped a few packets.

I pinged them in October and immediately got a call back that they would add it to my existing service ticket for early December. YMMV.

Works fine btw. Mine was delivered disabled, too.

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
I called in, scheduled for May 2nd at the Dallas SC. Small 'whoop', maybe? Wish it was a bit sooner.

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
I have a working tonneau so I haven't bothered them about it yet. I definitely want to get it upgraded to avoid future problems though.

Sponsored

Spaceball1

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 Kia EV6, 15 Mustang GT Vert
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
For those who have not yet gotten a call - call them. There were some flubs in the early stages where people who had open service tickets had them fall out of the system, and they were supposed to be tracking on the back end. It’s entirely possible that this process dropped a few packets.

I pinged them in October and immediately got a call back that they would add it to my existing service ticket for early December. YMMV.

Works fine btw. Mine was delivered disabled, too.
Agreed. Mine broke in Feb 2023, opened ticket, they closed it since that’s when they started disabling them. Reopened ticket after RJ showed the fix last summer (July 2023) and it’s been open since. Yet, my SC said I wasn’t on the list 🤦‍♂️ He said he got me on the list when I was there for an alignment in December. He also said they were told all the trucks should be done by March.

Every now and then I chat with service in the app to check in on it. Checked on it with them last week and they opened a new ticket, then I got a call the next day to schedule the fix, but for Early May at Colorado Springs SC. Was hoping for sooner but at least it’s some progress.

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
I received the call today to schedule my PTC fix. March 4th at the Richmond SC.
Cool. This is the first I’ve heard of that SC doing a replacement. Good luck!

Underwhirled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, RIT
Occupation
Architect
Mine is scheduled for replacement in May. I had never placed a service request until about 2 weeks ago. They reached out and scheduled the service.

Ecupip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Audi, and 2 Jeeps
Cool. This is the first I’ve heard of that SC doing a replacement. Good luck!
I asked yesterday if they had done many TC replacements. They said they've begun to trickle in.

Mine is still at the SC. The replacement went well, but after they uploaded a new config file to tell the truck the tonneau cover was installed, a thermal management error popped up. They were able to clear that error, but then a new software issue occurred, one which has not been seen by Rivian before. 2 engineers began working on the truck last night around 5pm. They said they would not stop until it was documented and corrected. I can't say enough great things about the Richmond SC team. My experience with them has been excellent.

OP
OP
whyasky

whyasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Finally got the call and set appt for early May. They said it would take a few days and would provide a loaner, but possibly not R1 depending on availability. Glad Gaithersburg finally got it's hands on the some of these parts. I'll report back when it's real.
Sponsored