Sponsored

【New Product Preview】 Rivian R1S Exclusive Under-Seat Storage Box: Smart Storage, Tidy Life

Houclemic

Site Sponsor
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retail
Dear Rivian Community Members,

New product coming soon!

We are thrilled to introduce our upcoming product exclusively designed for the Rivian R1S - the Under-Seat Storage Box! This ingeniously designed storage solution is custom-made for your Rivian R1S.

Installation Location: The storage box is designed to fit snugly under the middle of the second-row seats. You can easily access your items from the front of the second-row, and the design does not interfere with the use of the third row.

Product Features:

Space Utilization:
We’ve maximized the space under the second-row seats, creating additional storage for your Rivian R1S, helping you keep the interior tidy.
Perfect Fit: The storage box is designed to fit perfectly with the original dimensions of the vehicle, making it convenient and accessible.
Durable Material: Made from eco-friendly, durable materials, the storage box is designed to be sturdy and long-lasting.
Versatile Use: It can hold 2-3 500ml water bottles, a folded umbrella, children's toys and snacks, or even tissues.

Rivian R1T R1S 【New Product Preview】 Rivian R1S Exclusive Under-Seat Storage Box: Smart Storage, Tidy Life Dingtalk_20231205151341
Rivian R1T R1S 【New Product Preview】 Rivian R1S Exclusive Under-Seat Storage Box: Smart Storage, Tidy Life 7CC01880-C1FD-473f-B0D0-8719971AF9BE
Rivian R1T R1S 【New Product Preview】 Rivian R1S Exclusive Under-Seat Storage Box: Smart Storage, Tidy Life A1E8249B-93FC-4e28-9178-A18614E85598

Rivian R1T R1S 【New Product Preview】 Rivian R1S Exclusive Under-Seat Storage Box: Smart Storage, Tidy Life Dingtalk_20231204204336
Rivian R1T R1S 【New Product Preview】 Rivian R1S Exclusive Under-Seat Storage Box: Smart Storage, Tidy Life Dingtalk_20231204204500
Rivian R1T R1S 【New Product Preview】 Rivian R1S Exclusive Under-Seat Storage Box: Smart Storage, Tidy Life Dingtalk_20231204204542

Rivian R1T R1S 【New Product Preview】 Rivian R1S Exclusive Under-Seat Storage Box: Smart Storage, Tidy Life Dingtalk_20231204204614
Rivian R1T R1S 【New Product Preview】 Rivian R1S Exclusive Under-Seat Storage Box: Smart Storage, Tidy Life Dingtalk_20231205152639
Rivian R1T R1S 【New Product Preview】 Rivian R1S Exclusive Under-Seat Storage Box: Smart Storage, Tidy Life Dingtalk_20231204204436

Currently, we have opted for a classic black design, which is both practical and stylish.

We Want Your Feedback!

As a Rivian owner, your input is invaluable to us. We would love to hear your thoughts before the final product release:

Do you have any color preferences for this storage box?
Are there any concerns you might have regarding its use?
What additional features or design improvements would you suggest?

Please leave your comments below. We will take every suggestion seriously to ensure that this product meets your needs perfectly.

Looking forward to your valuable feedback!

Warm regards,
Houclemic Team
Sponsored

sac602

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner, Lexus NX Hybrid
Clubs

looks good. I think black is the way to go to avoid people noticing it. Hopefully it is snug enough that it dosent slide forward under braking. I currently have a small bag in that spot (repurposed nintendo switch bag) that fits OK but needed velcro on the bottom for it not to slide. being wider and custom fit may avoid this. 👍

Gunst

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Where can I buy this?

Litup

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Toyota Tundra 21
Occupation
Portfolio Management
How about a snap on top and an ice pack that goes in the front so I can lay down cans... beer, soda, and keep it cold..

would they fit?

Sponsored

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 GT3, Tesla Model S LR
Occupation
Cybersecurity
This is great. With the lack of "small storage" areas in the R1S, we need something like this.

Some comments:
- Will I still be able to slide the 2nd row front/back as needed without affecting this tray?
- Is it secure enough where accelerating/braking hard won't allow it to slide?
- Does it just rest on the floor carpet or will it "feel" like it is sliding smoothly on some sort of guide/rail/side plastic of either side of the seat? Because if it is just sitting there, people will be inclined to buy a cheap Amazon plastic box for that space. What makes your product stand out?

Riptonite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S & Model X
Occupation
Aerospace
Clubs

Great idea for a vacant space.
I agree with sac602 that retention is a key concern. Water bottles, car toys and sunglasses for the kids constantly rattle and roll around which drives me nuts! Ideally, it would stay in place during a crash (probably need a Latch function for that) but it should at least stay in place during hard accel/braking.
Another concern is whether the second row can fold down with the box in place or, at the least, still on the floor between 1st and 2nd row. It isn't a current issue for me due to 2nd row kid seats, but may be for others.

looks good. I think black is the way to go to avoid people noticing it. Hopefully it is snug enough that it dosent slide forward under braking. I currently have a small bag in that spot (repurposed nintendo switch bag) that fits OK but needed velcro on the bottom for it not to slide. being wider and custom fit may avoid this. 👍

R1Tmcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

I would definitely pick up a pair of these!

billwales

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Compass Yellow R1S, Audi SQ5, Caterham CSR260
Occupation
Biomedical Engineer & BattleBots Builder
Clubs

I just picked up my R1S this weekend and noticed this spot Yesterday, glad someone's already on it! Looks like you intend it to be vacuum-formed? I'd also be interested in a permanently affixed version with a hinged door for access, maybe akin to the small underseat compartments under the front seats. Less under-seat tray, more under-seat compartment. Definitely understand the value in a simple vacuum-formed tray, though.

Like others have said before, two biggest questions I have are retention and not interfering with seat movement.

Varunjain84

First Name
Varun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Self employed
Can this come with tie downs, loops etc to keep it in place? Potential variations could include option with a lid, organization options/compartments.

Sponsored

veerthetiguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Great idea! I use a small plastic organizer in this space now. Having a hole in the front so wires can exit would be great. I use this spot current for a small DVD player which runs up to seatback mounted monitors for the kids

ealberton

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback
Occupation
Solar Sales
Clubs

New product coming soon!

We are thrilled to introduce our upcoming product exclusively designed for the Rivian R1S - the Under-Seat Storage Box! This ingeniously designed storage solution is custom-made for your Rivian R1S.

Installation Location: The storage box is designed to fit snugly under the middle of the second-row seats. You can easily access your items from the front of the second-row, and the design does not interfere with the use of the third row.

Product Features:

Space Utilization:
We’ve maximized the space under the second-row seats, creating additional storage for your Rivian R1S, helping you keep the interior tidy.
Perfect Fit: The storage box is designed to fit perfectly with the original dimensions of the vehicle, making it convenient and accessible.
Durable Material: Made from eco-friendly, durable materials, the storage box is designed to be sturdy and long-lasting.
Versatile Use: It can hold 2-3 500ml water bottles, a folded umbrella, children's toys and snacks, or even tissues.

Dingtalk_20231205151341.jpg
7CC01880-C1FD-473f-B0D0-8719971AF9BE.png
A1E8249B-93FC-4e28-9178-A18614E85598.png

Dingtalk_20231204204336.jpg
Dingtalk_20231204204500.jpg
Dingtalk_20231204204542.jpg

Dingtalk_20231204204614.jpg
Dingtalk_20231205152639.jpg
Dingtalk_20231204204436.jpg

Currently, we have opted for a classic black design, which is both practical and stylish.

We Want Your Feedback!

As a Rivian owner, your input is invaluable to us. We would love to hear your thoughts before the final product release:

Please leave your comments below. We will take every suggestion seriously to ensure that this product meets your needs perfectly.

Warm regards,
Houclemic Team
Are you going to share the 3D print file so we can print and test it for you?

Krs71

First Name
Krish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
IT

New product coming soon!

Product Features:

Space Utilization:

Dingtalk_20231205151341.jpg
7CC01880-C1FD-473f-B0D0-8719971AF9BE.png
A1E8249B-93FC-4e28-9178-A18614E85598.png

Dingtalk_20231204204336.jpg
Dingtalk_20231204204500.jpg
Dingtalk_20231204204542.jpg

Dingtalk_20231204204614.jpg
Dingtalk_20231205152639.jpg
Dingtalk_20231204204436.jpg

We Want Your Feedback!

Warm regards,
Houclemic Team
Looks good, but I would like something also that I can put on the floor that securely holds 26-36 oz water bottles so kids can put them in there rather than try to squeeze them on the sides.

CardiacR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Would love it if it were lockable and secured to the vehicle hardware without affecting the seat operations.
Sponsored