Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Next update details …..

https://rivian.software/2023-46/

Check out these new features, improvements, and bug fixes found in Rivian Update 2023.46

Highway Assist – Auto Reengagement After Lane Change

Highway Assist now automatically reengages after you change lanes.

• While Highway Assist is active, use your turn signal and then change lanes.
  • When you center the vehicle in the new lane, the turn signal turns off and Highway Assist reengages automatically.
NOTE
More details are available. Choose Owner’s Guide from the menu on the center display. Search for Highway Assist.
Navigation – Add Stops Along Your Route
You can now add multiple stops along your route and during trip planning for a customized navigation experience. Also, you can use the Rivian mobile app and Google Maps to send a multi-stop trip directly to your vehicle.

• Before you go or during active navigation guidance, on the center display, choose Open to open your Trip Details with the option to Add Stop.
  • During active guidance, choose Add to add your next stop
  • There are multiple ways to edit your trip:
    • Swipe to remove a stop, or choose Delete when you are editing your trip.
    • Drag to reorder stops.
    • Choose Edit at the top of the Trip Details screen to edit your trip.
  • You can also add charging stops, which are shown as lightning bolts on the map. Select a charging location and choose Add Stop.
Mobile – Add Stops And Save Trips
Now with the Rivian mobile app 2.5.0 and later, you can plan multi-stop trips in advance, save them, and send them to your vehicle.

• To access these features in the mobile app, go to the Explore tab.
  • Go to the map to create a trip or choose Add in the Saved Trips section.
  • Choose Save to add a trip to your saved trips.
  • You can now add stops to a trip by choosing Add stop.
    • Drag-and-drop to reorder stops.
    • You can also swipe left to remove a saved trip.
Clear Vehicle Settings
For your privacy, Clear Settings removes personal information and preferences from your vehicle. It also reverts user settings to default factory settings.

• To access this feature on the center display, go to Settings > Service > Clear Settings.
  • To learn more about transferring vehicle ownership, scan the QR code in the Clear Settings screen.
Service Mode
Service Mode makes it easier for service technicians to perform maintenance on your vehicle. On the center display, go to Settings > Service > Service Mode.

Additional Improvements
  • Charging
    • Fixed an issue with the vehicle restarting scheduled charging after it was manually stopped.
    • Fixed an issue in which a charge session shows as completed before reaching the user-defined charge limit.
  • To avoid splashing passengers when entering or exiting the vehicle, now the front wipers temporarily pause while the vehicle is in Park and either front door is open. Wipers resume when the doors are closed.
  • Fixed a rare instance in which the Brake Region button in Drive Modes didn’t display setting options.
  • Fixed an issue in which the center display showed an incorrect screen when exiting seat calibration.
  • Fixed a rare issue in which the vehicle location in the Navigation app inaccurately jumps forward when the vehicle is slowing to a stop.
  • Fixed a rare issue in which the Mobile app incorrectly shows the doors as open and the range as zero.
  • Infotainment
    • Fixed an issue on the center display in which the phone panel didn’t disappear after ending a call.
    • Fixed an issue in which the Play button on the Media panel doesn’t respond when the queue is empty.
    • Fixed an issue in which, after restarting the software, the Radio panel is blank until you select a radio station.
    • Fixed a rare issue in which declining to sync contacts during Bluetooth pairing doesn’t dismiss the Loading contacts message.
Sponsored

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T MB/BM, 2023 Tesla model X.
Occupation
MD
Two awesome features! So looking forward to the Driver + change!

R1Tmcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

• Fixed a rare issue in which the Mobile app incorrectly shows the doors as open and the range as zero.

I had thought I was going crazy and was the only one with this, been having this issue for a few weeks now and it's been the bane of my existence. Very happy to see it's being fixed.

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

I had thought I was going crazy and was the only one with this, been having this issue for a few weeks now and it's been the bane of my existence. Very happy to see it's being fixed.
Yeah, this was a shock when it first popped up. Glad they are aware and fixing already.

Rivian R1T R1S 2023.46 Software Update Details (Highway Assist / Driver+ / Navigation & More...) Screenshot_20231125-211509~2

Sponsored

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

The Highway Assist resume on lane change will be a fantastic improvement! I really hope they introduce Resume for cruise control in the next update. If for no other reason than because I’m tired of hearing my husband complain that the Rivian cruise control can’t Resume like modern cars… from the ‘70s.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I like. Totally love the multi stop.

Wish I had the Driver+ support last week :D

Fingers crossed for media updates in Jan. (wishing from Santa for SXM, YouTube, Netflix)
This is a week 46 update, still possible we might see a week 50 update before the end of the year.

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

All of these new features and bug fixes are of course great! Looking forward to trying them out.

But, I’m also kind of hoping for some new entertainment options by the holidays for when we’re charging (not driving). Might I suggest a Sneaky Sasquatch type game starring well… you know who. ;)

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

First two are AMAZING updates. I hardly use Driver+ because in L.A. have to change lanes a lot and it's annoying turning it back on every time. Have been begging for waypoints in Nav since day one. Took 9 yeas for Tesla to finally add them, then I switched to Rivian and lost them again. A feature I will use daily for work. Thank you Rivian!

ycking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mach-E AWD Premium, 23 Rivian R1S
Does not look we will get any streaming/music apps updates this year.
Sponsored