Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

My mobile app continues to show the download icon at the top right even though I applied the update days ago. Is anyone esle seeing this?

IMG_1947.jpeg
No. But I did have the app widget freeze (just a black rectangle) for a while.
Sponsored

tate16t

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Granite R1S
Occupation
Cyber Security
Well my car learned a new trick today.

I have it set to not automatically lock the doors at home. When I went to retrieve something today the handles were extended (normal) but the doors were locked (not normal) and I couldn't get in.

Trying again with both phone and FOB did not help. I was finally able to get in by using the app to lock and then unlock the doors.

It is interesting to see proof that extending the handles is not physically associated with locking and unlocking the doors. Now I just wish there were settings to control the handles separately from the locks.
This must be a bug.

not_a_car_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Perf Dual Motor
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Last couple of releases I've been doing a PDF compare of the new R1T owner's manual compared to the one before the release. Usually I learn something new about the vehicle, and I've been sharing my notes in the forum. Below are notes from the (not comprehensive) comparison I did after the 2024.11 update.
  • As mentioned in the release notes, there are two new sections on negotiating obstacles and recovering the vehicle when offroading on pages 206-211.
  • A new section on the NACS adapter on pages 275-282
  • A new section on when to replace tires (page 396)
  • Added flood lights to the lights diagrams (pages 20 & 22)
  • Clarified that the 12V outlets in the gear tunnel also remain on when the 120V outlets are programmed to stay on (page 28)
  • Added information on how to schedule updates for later from the car UI (page 31)
  • A new section on page 166 that explains the indicators on the bottom right of the driver's display

Engineer

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S QM Adventure, UnderShield and 20" Darks
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

2024.11 seems to have "Fixed" the camera freezing issue for me... when backing out of the garage, the display doesn't change to day/night until i go from reverse to drive. the camera still freezes, but not when i need it most.

interesting that there was nothing in the release notes about this (but there was in the last version that didn't fix it for me).

Has anyone else noticed this?

Also, EVERY time i install an update, it seems to forget where home is. i have it set to not unlock at home, and after the update it unlocks for a few days at home and then, for whatever reason, just decides to start working again. All the settings are correct, it just chooses to ignore them for a while.

OP
OP
zefram47

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

2024.11 seems to have "Fixed" the camera freezing issue for me... when backing out of the garage, the display doesn't change to day/night until i go from reverse to drive. the camera still freezes, but not when i need it most.

interesting that there was nothing in the release notes about this (but there was in the last version that didn't fix it for me).

Yup...noted the same thing in the camera freeze thread. I think this is realistically the only way they could fix it easily. The previous update had it in the release notes, but it wasn't fixed. Almost like they forget to actually put it in the build and figured most people wouldn't notice if they slipped it in on this one.

Sponsored

Engineer

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S QM Adventure, UnderShield and 20" Darks
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Almost like they forget to actually put it in the build and figured most people wouldn't notice if they slipped it in on this one.
i am happy they fixed it, but its a little concerning that the release notes aren't accurate or complete. even more concerning if they "forgot" to include something.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Fixed a rare issue that caused software package downloads to fail when the vehicle was connected to Wi-Fi.
This explains why I was stuck 2 updates back, just noticed it after submitting a ticket and getting a manual OTA update push.

GRC

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
still figuring it out
Clubs

Also, EVERY time i install an update, it seems to forget where home is. i have it set to not unlock at home, and after the update it unlocks for a few days at home and then, for whatever reason, just decides to start working again. All the settings are correct, it just chooses to ignore them for a while.
Yes, I've observed this same issue but with a different setting. The garage icon popping up when arriving home - this isn't working anymore...it was working for a few days after the update so not sure if it is related to the update but it feels like the location isn't picking up my 'home' anymore...

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
This explains why I was stuck 2 updates back, just noticed it after submitting a ticket and getting a manual OTA update push.
I still haven’t received this update it’s wild. I’ve never been on wifi until someone beee said putting my truck on the house wifi helps to get the software update— it didn’t. I’m back off wifi. Still nothing seems like it’s taking an especially long time this go around. weird!

MJCfromCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T | Quad Motor | Forest Green
I still haven’t received this update it’s wild. I’ve never been on wifi until someone beee said putting my truck on the house wifi helps to get the software update— it didn’t. I’m back off wifi. Still nothing seems like it’s taking an especially long time this go around. weird!
You and me both. Still on 2024.07.03! I went from 2024.07.02 to 2024.07.03 several weeks ago. I haven't heard of many people being upgraded in that order so I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales

I noticed it and don't like it. Now it waits to switch to day mode till I am moving in forward a few mph. So stays dark when sitting in driveway after I back out of garage and I can't see the screen even though I am sitting in direct sun.

OP
OP
zefram47

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I noticed it and don't like it. Now it waits to switch to day mode till I am moving in forward a few mph. So stays dark when sitting in driveway after I back out of garage and I can't see the screen even though I am sitting in direct sun.
Put it in park instead of sitting with your reverse lights on. As soon as you shift to park it'll change the display.
Sponsored