First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
Hmmmm I don’t really care about any of those. If they happen then great. I’d rather have other features first.
I agree..
Sponsored

Mellowyellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

My passengers (kids) in the second row want and need to control the temperature, not just see the temp or turn it on and off…I really hope it’s not just a display of the current temp, but that pic showing temp had no arrows…maybe you can tap through to a menu.
I think because of how the climate zones are set up in the rivians (only right versus left) the second row passengers will never be able to control the temp. There can’t be constant fighting with the driver over climate controls

Polar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C40, LE CY R1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Software Update 2024.11.01

• Improved the lock behavior to prevent lock out when the driver door is open, you lock the vehicle from the center display, exit the vehicle, or close the door. The driver door now unlocks and an error sound plays.
Well that is literally my lock procedure at home, when I’m not in my garage.
I have prox lock off **at home** - so in driveway, tap lock on screen and get out. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
OP
OP
zefram47

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Well that is literally my lock procedure at home, when I’mm not in my garage.
I have prox lock off - so in driveway, tap lock on screen and get out. 🤷‍♂️
Use proximity locking and set for lock-only at home?

Polar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C40, LE CY R1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Use proximity locking and set for lock-only at home?
I miss-stated - I have proximity locking unlocking disabled at home.

I disabled the lock only feature because then when I was parked in my garage, it locked as it should but that then caused me to have to fish my phone out every morning when I walked into the garage to unlock the truck. I don’t park in the driveway often so it’s the lesser of two.

Sponsored

djsider2

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I'd like dumb cruise control or a way to adaptive cruise with a hitch bike rack and lights attached to the 7 pin.

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
Anyone see this update get rolled out yet beyond beta? My truck is still saying 2024.07.01 as the latest update available.

Just curious...

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

ElGuapo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - April 2021 preorder
I think because of how the climate zones are set up in the rivians (only right versus left) the second row passengers will never be able to control the temp. There can’t be constant fighting with the driver over climate controls
This is not true per what Rivian’s Wassym Bensaid said on his Reddit account 2 years ago. That’s the account he’s responded officially from for a long time…
Rivian R1T R1S 2024.11.2 Software Update Released! => Release Notes: Send Navigation, Mapping, Charging Feedback/Scores + Rear Display Improvements + More IMG_5633

He said quad zone. Yes, that could mean something different, I suppose. But, to your point, no one’s pointed out the parts in a tear down.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mellowyellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

This is not true per what Rivian’s Wassym Bensaid said on his Reddit account 2 years ago. That’s the account he’s responded officially from for a long time…
IMG_5633.png

He said quad zone. Yes, that could mean something different, I suppose. But, to your point, no one’s pointed out the parts in a tear down.
As someone with four kids I would LOVE this to be true. Crossing my fingers!

antelux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Forrester
Clubs

Has the April update started rolling out? I typically get my update around the 12th or 13th of the month. But nothing yet this month.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

mpw81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5 PHEV
I usually notice updates showing up in the morning on the app (seemingly being an overnight refresh, maybe?). After seeing the IG post I actively looked to see if it was available about an hour ago and it was not available. I just got a push notification that the update was available and just started the update.
Sponsored