Sponsored

Riv E In

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Rivian R1S DM
Clubs

I updated and checked it out. Among other things they added EQ presets to the sound system. Haven’t selected them after fine tuning mine based on info here but interesting to see. Voice, Rock, Hip Hop, etc.
Those have been there. I’ve had them for a while (since I got the R1S earlier this year).

KootenayEV

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Environmental Engineer
Halfway through reading page 1 and I got the alert on my phone that the truck was ready to update! Stoked to check it out tomorrow :)

mrgreat

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Sienna, 2011 Inifinti MX37, 2022 Camry Hybrid
Occupation
IT
Clubs

None of that stuff will do anything….they release it (randomly) in batches (for good reason(s)). I’ve previously been very early and also 2 weeks after the release.
It so happens that my R1T has the update but I like to hold off a day or so to see how others do with it first…
Same here. A 5-14 day cycle of:
- Read about the updates first on the forum
- Check frantically whenever I can
- Read that more people got the update
- Get even more anxious and impatient
- Try to forget about it
- Suddenly remember again
- Try harder not to think about it
- Suddenly get the notification! Install it immediately, no matter what
- Feels like Christmas morning - trying everything over and over

Need to forget about it now and log off the forum. :) LOL

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
If your update is not downloading now, I think this might work. It worked for me:
1. Lock the truck
2. Find a raccoon in your trash can
3. Spend an hour trying to clean the trashcan with bleach and a brush that is too small
4. Check phone and BOOM!

your mileage may vary.

personally, I would skip the raccoon part and just do steps 1 and 4. I got a suspicion that steps 2 and 3 are not related.
I just cleaned a bunch of mashed poop off my dog's butt. Still no update. So I don't recommend.

Sponsored

ER1T

First Name
Er
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Mustang GT
Occupation
IT
Anyone else have the app show that update 0000.00.00 was now ready after 2024.19.04 finished? Then it disappeared!
Have had that with previous updates…never had any problems afterwards

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

If your update is not downloading now, I think this might work. It worked for me:
1. Lock the truck
2. Find a raccoon in your trash can
3. Spend an hour trying to clean the trashcan with bleach and a brush that is too small
4. Check phone and BOOM!

your mileage may vary.

personally, I would skip the raccoon part and just do steps 1 and 4. I got a suspicion that steps 2 and 3 are not related.
Can confirm this does not work with the neighborhood opossum. 😞

RocklinRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Quad R1S, BMW M3, Tesla Model 3
Clubs

Has anyone noticed a difference in the R1S suspension after the update? I’m still waiting on mine.
I just posted in the R1S specific sub group, but sharing here as well

I'm happy to report that this update has brought VERY noticeable improvements to the ride quality on Gen 1 Quad R1S. The R1S no longer pogo's and porpoises (front and rear) like it used to. The rear end squat on acceleration and front end nose dive on deceleration are much improved.
Moderate setting seems perfect. Soft setting is good too, not as floaty as it was before. did not try Firm yet, but I rarely used it before anyways.

Very happy with this update! curious to hear others's impressions

CoastalR1T

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure Package, El Cap Granite
Occupation
Chief cook and bottle washer
Clubs

Sponsored

Tr4ckD4ys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Clubs

So when is the NEXT update going to be released and will it include Apple CarPlay???

DuoRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and an R1S
Occupation
IT
I just posted in the R1S specific sub group, but sharing here as well

I'm happy to report that this update has brought VERY noticeable improvements to the ride quality on Gen 1 Quad R1S. The R1S no longer pogo's and porpoises (front and rear) like it used to. The rear end squat on acceleration and front end nose dive on deceleration are much improved.
Moderate setting seems perfect. Soft setting is good too, not as floaty as it was before. did not try Firm yet, but I rarely used it before anyways.

Very happy with this update! curious to hear others's impressions
Good to hear, this is like the third software refinement that has come out in the past year or so for ride. I had thought the pogoing had been dialled down/out previously.

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 12 Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Ast HR Director
When it installed yesterday, I only had an option for heated seats, and could not turn on my cooled seats. But I was able to turn on my cooled seats thru the app.

Got home, and tried again, and was able to turn on or off cooled and heated seats. Had me worried as I use those religiously!

I do like the larger font, and the blind spot camera. I will need to carry a tub of Windex Wipes around to keep that camera clean now. I rarely used any of the other cameras, but I can see me using this one.

I do like that my Alexa Music streaming stays up on the main display showing what is playing.

I do miss the old Ride/Performance screen. It just looked better. The new boxes look boring and bland.

beyond

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Occupation
The Cloud
So when is the NEXT update going to be released and will it include Apple CarPlay???
Pretty sure we'll see a fairly fast follow with Connect+ being enabled with the 2 month trial. I am sure they want to get to a point they can start collecting monthly money from us.

My favorite 3 items coming in that next release have got to be:
  • Apple Music
  • Google Cast and YouTube
  • Gear Guard Live Cam
Really hoping that the apple music has got higher fidelity than playing over bluetooth, really open up the sound system...

oh, and got the update on my R1T overnight; so far so good! Even being one of the few that had the borked update earlier (the blank middle screen update), I jumped on this update the second it landed; it's too big of one and I trust that Rivian has learned their lesson from that last time.

One quick thing I noticed; is swapping between camera views feels faster... I typically drive around with the truckbed view enabled as it really gives me a better view than the rear view mirror. I always have to click the change view button 2 times to jump through the views every time I start moving after pulling out of the garage; felt a bit snappier today.

Anyways, happy updating to everyone! This is by far the biggest change in the years of having the truck; thanks again rivian for continuing to make these feel new.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Pretty sure we'll see a fairly fast follow with Connect+ being enabled with the 2 month trial. I am sure they want to get to a point they can start collecting monthly money from us.
For sure makes it seem like the next update should happen in the next 2-3 weeks, so they can start billing at the start of Q4 after the 2 month trial expires.
Sponsored