Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
The AO price + labor is great value.
100% agree! Thankful they offered this option for owners who want this look.
Sponsored

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Wish the R1T rear script had the yellow accents like these. To me the plain black looks out of place if it is the only one like that (yes I know the OE emblem is like that but it doesn't stand out as much as it does when it is black).

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Wish the R1T rear script had the yellow accents like these. To me the plain black looks out of place if it is the only one like that (yes I know the OE emblem is like that but it doesn't stand out as much as it does when it is black).
Should be pretty easy for @AO_Pete to offer this config, no?

citizen

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, RX350h
Occupation
Product Designer
Clubs

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
Should be pretty easy for @AO_Pete to offer this config, no?
Ye, we'll have the option to buy the large rear "RIVIAN" separately, in all-black, or black and yellow, probably in a month or so.

It's a long, boring, manufacturing and logistics story as to why we don't have them separately at the moment, and also a bit of me not being very clever with how I'd built the various options. I learned with the R1T sets, fixed it for the R1S sets, and now need to go back and make the R1T sets the same, together with offering the extra standalone option for the rear emblem.

I'm literally working on the product page right now, so this post is a perfectly-timed reminder, so once I'm done with that, I'll reply again so you can at least hit the notify option for when we get them in stock.

Sponsored

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Seems like a better match for light-colored vehicles. Don't think they'd look as good on a dark color, unless going for a subdued look? Pics, anyone?

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3

S.Mueller

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra 1500SLT, Ioniq5
If anyone has some good original letters from the door I could use a “I” since one of my doors shed one after it was reinstalled after having it PPF’d. A full set would be great in case any others decide to hit the road.

Rivian R1T R1S Abstract Ocean R1S emblems FYI IMG_0389

wirenut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I also didn't realize that rear emblem has yellow accents now. It's quite annoying because the installation video mentions that the rear emblem is solid black which is now misleading.

I've been asking customer support if it's possible to exchange it or buy the all black rear emblem separately but I guess I'll have to order another set as other people did.

I wish AO fixed this problem by providing an option to pick which one you want.

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
I also didn't realize that rear emblem has yellow accents now. It's quite annoying because the installation video mentions that the rear emblem is solid black which is now misleading.

I've been asking customer support if it's possible to exchange it or buy the all black rear emblem separately but I guess I'll have to order another set as other people did.

I have solid Black if you would like to exchange. Assume shipping wouldn’t be too bad. Send me an IM if interested.

Sponsored

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3

Just to better explain this, there's only so much we can do with options...the more we have, the more complicated things become, so for a new product launch I had to 'guess' and what the likely choices would be, and then evolve from there based on feedback. Part of that early feedback was people wanting a black & yellow rear emblem to match the rest of the black & yellow set.

With R1S coming into the mix, it allowed me to organize the stock so I'm not dead-ending certain components, so things are improving, but right now, any 'special orders' means breaking apart a retail pack, which we don't have a lot of right now. Once we get more returns and so on coming back into the loop, we'll have more flexibility.

I guess I'll need to re-do the video, the problem with that is YouTube doesn't allow edits to anything published, so there's actually quite a bit of work involved in sorting out all the backlinks and so on. But the video is a point-in-time snapshot, where I try to be as 'specifically ambiguous' as I can be, given that normally we don't even have the final product at that point. The website should always be accurate though.

wirenut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Just to better explain this, there's only so much we can do with options...the more we have, the more complicated things become, so for a new product launch I had to 'guess' and what the likely choices would be, and then evolve from there based on feedback. Part of that early feedback was people wanting a black & yellow rear emblem to match the rest of the black & yellow set.

With R1S coming into the mix, it allowed me to organize the stock so I'm not dead-ending certain components, so things are improving, but right now, any 'special orders' means breaking apart a retail pack, which we don't have a lot of right now. Once we get more returns and so on coming back into the loop, we'll have more flexibility.

I guess I'll need to re-do the video, the problem with that is YouTube doesn't allow edits to anything published, so there's actually quite a bit of work involved in sorting out all the backlinks and so on. But the video is a point-in-time snapshot, where I try to be as 'specifically ambiguous' as I can be, given that normally we don't even have the final product at that point. The website should always be accurate though.
I understand, this makes sense!

I only wish customer support was a little more direct about it. I still haven't gotten any meaningful reply back, so I've been stuck in a limbo. Saying you cannot do it at least gives me some other options: order another set or install an emblem with accents.

Also wanted to say that I love the quality and the look. Thank you for making this product available!

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
I understand, this makes sense!

I only wish customer support was a little more direct about it. I still haven't gotten any meaningful reply back, so I've been stuck in a limbo. Saying you cannot do it at least gives me some other options: order another set or install an emblem with accents.

Also wanted to say that I love the quality and the look. Thank you for making this product available!
Sorry if it wasn't clear. I'll chat with the CS manager, gently, since she's also my wife :) We have to wrangle a lot of support tickets these days, and normally a decent chunk of the Rivian ones come to me, but there's so many fires to fight at the moment that I've had to step back from all but the tier 3 tickets.

Hull22

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I just received these. I'm a bit hesitant to remove the OEM emblems and place these on. How do you position the new emblems on so that they are positioned in the right spot?

Litup

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Toyota Tundra 21
Occupation
Portfolio Management
I too installed these. All black. Looks great with limestone

if you’re planning on doing this. Pick up a can of this to remove the factory “glue”. Works amazing. Much better then what AO provides

Rivian R1T R1S Abstract Ocean R1S emblems FYI IMG_3780
Sponsored