Sponsored

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
Have you gotten the frunk one to work with voice though? I tried that initially and it just translated Frunk as Frank...and it didn't know how to Open Frank. :p
It helps if you spit out the Copenhagen first and aren't from the Bayou. Lol!
Sponsored

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

And if you are really into shortcuts on your iOS Home Screen, you can add photos to the shortcuts to help with identificationā€¦
Bro, how is this your open frunk pic
Rivian R1T R1S Action Shortcuts for iPhone: How-To Screenshot 2023-11-06 at 8.01.29 PM

And not this:
Rivian R1T R1S Action Shortcuts for iPhone: How-To Screenshot 2023-11-06 at 8.01.37 PM

OP
OP
W1SE

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

Have you gotten the frunk one to work with voice though? I tried that initially and it just translated Frunk as Frank...and it didn't know how to Open Frank. :p
Try the word ā€œhoodā€ this is what Alexa likes. Haha.

Sponsored

RivianDeac

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40 Recharge
Great thread, thanks!

Do you any of you tech wizards know to create or shortcut/automations which can turn on the climate, steering wheel warmer and seat heater?

Rivian Raj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sold my Model 3. No car till the R1T
If you have the shortcut on your Apple Watch as a complication does it just show the standard shortcut icon or the shortcut logo? My shortcut has the Rivian logo but the standard shortcut icon shows on the complication.

R1SKY

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S LE, 2010 GT3, 1966 GT 289
Clubs

Great thread, thanks!

Do you any of you tech wizards know to create or shortcut/automations which can turn on the climate, steering wheel warmer and seat heater?
AFAIK those actions aren't available yet

If you have the shortcut on your Apple Watch as a complication does it just show the standard shortcut icon or the shortcut logo? My shortcut has the Rivian logo but the standard shortcut icon shows on the complication.
It doesn't show the Rivian logo like it does in the shortcuts app, but it does show the custom shortcuts emoji and color that I selected.

riviak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Anyone been able to successfully make a shortcut that can differentiate between two Rivians? There is a drop-down within iOS shortcut edit screen to choose R1S or R1T as a variable but when I select one or the other it doesnā€™t run the shortcut. Iā€™m just trying to create ā€œunlock R1Sā€ and ā€œunlock R1T.ā€

R1SKY

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S LE, 2010 GT3, 1966 GT 289
Clubs

Anyone been able to successfully make a shortcut that can differentiate between two Rivians? There is a drop-down within iOS shortcut edit screen to choose R1S or R1T as a variable but when I select one or the other it doesnā€™t run the shortcut. Iā€™m just trying to create ā€œunlock R1Sā€ and ā€œunlock R1T.ā€
I don't have two Rivians so I can't test this, but my best guess is you might have to use the "find vehicle name" action to differentiate?

Sponsored

riviak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Good suggestion. Though Iā€™ve tried both of these sequences and neither can successfully switch vehicles within app. I can only run the general ā€œunlock doorsā€ and it will open the last vehicle selected in the app.

Rivian R1T R1S Action Shortcuts for iPhone: How-To IMG_4305

Rivian R1T R1S Action Shortcuts for iPhone: How-To IMG_4306

krsoundtek

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Does this mean that if I have an Apple Watch with cellular, I could theoretically leave my phone at home and effectively use my watch as a key? That would be WaaK ...
You could potentially leave phone in vehicle powered off and then unlock with watch. That could come in handy for several sports activities.

krsoundtek

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
You could potentially leave phone in vehicle powered off and then unlock with watch. That could come in handy for several sports activities.
I did some testing and this works with the phone left on. so make sure it is charged up. Makes since because the watch is not setup as a key and therefor shouldnā€™t be able to authenticate the api request. So another option if you donā€™t have the Key Band.

foxerson

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'10 Outback, '11 328i, '23 R1T
Shout out to @W1SE for kicking off this thread, to @jlack33 for pointing out the Apple watch integration, and to @R1SKY for sharing shortcuts. I set this up last week and have appreciated the hands-free convenience.

Of course, Siri is still Siri and seems to have a 6th sense for detecting when I am loaded down with bulky items and choosing those moments to fail miserably.

Me: Hey Siri, unlock Rivian.​
Siri: Here's the number for Rivian Guide Ben.​
Me: No, I said unlock Rivian​
Siri: Working on it... Can you repeat that?​
Me: Unlock Rivian.​
Siri: Working on it... [chime indicating shortcut complete] [truck is still locked]​
Me: :facepalm:
Sponsored