Alexa Map Integration Issues

TexasBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Why is the Rivian version of Alexa is so stupid when it comes to navigation? The map itself is very good at recognizing and finding locations but the voice command Alexa is a complete idiot. "Navigate to Kroger on ____ Dr. in Houston" Alexa: Okay there is a Kroger in ____ Ohio, do you want that one?"

Is there a way to just use the voice command directly into the maps and bypass Alexa's exceptionally limited knowledge of locations?

(Also, aside, is it just my vehicle or is the Rivian laggy as h___ when switching between screens?)
Sponsored

Underwhirled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, RIT
Occupation
Architect
My truck is laggy when switching between screens as well. It often changes parts of the screen and within a second or two - sometimes three - completes the transition to the new graphic.

This is most noticeable when the truck changes from day to night display.

Edited to add a comment about Alexa map use: I’ve only used it a few times, but I’ve had good luck with it so far.

BumblebeeCA

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Same experience here. Alexa navigation is near useless. Screens also laggy, especially when transitioning to the open hood/gate screen.

jime_r1t

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I doubt Alexa is going to get better, since Amazon just layed off hundreds of staff from the Alexa division, to focus on integrating AI.

https://apnews.com/article/amazon-alexa-job-cuts-generative-ai-9d5ca4fd9240a091657e6f7c4da870d9

You don't need AI, you need basic search logic, like ranking matches by proximity to your current location.

I also suspect that their voice transcription capabilities are generations behind everyone else (e.g. google and apple)
Sponsored