Sponsored

App Service Keyboard w/o spell check- Android issue only?

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

I've put in a few service requests and bug reports now and have a low level but annoying question:
Does the keyboard input work fully for everyone in the service part of the app? I have a stripped down input that is different from my default app. No spell check, auto capitalization, or any of the helpful items that show as enabled. I understand at least part of this is user error because the largest issue is me hitting an "n" instead of space.

Using Pixel 7 on Android, same issue on my older 4a.
More detail to save some responses: opened service add ticket via Rivian app (this has been for all updates over past 6 months), clicked in text box to pull open keyboard, starts off at lower case, long press on the comma, click gear for settings, confirmed all the helpful parts are enabled. None of them work 🤷‍♂️

Is it me, my phone, or the app? Would appreciate any input from both iOS and Android. Thanks!

tldr: Thumbs can't report phantom braking diagnostic events without failing multiple times.
Sponsored

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
I have this same issue in Android, it's annoying AF

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
Also have this issue. I've had a few other apps with the same issue on Android so this must be how they've used the keyboard.

OP
OP
SSteveEV

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

Also have this issue. I've had a few other apps with the same issue on Android so this must be how they've used the keyboard.
Interesting, I've never run across this before and it's highly annoying.

Thanks for the responses, glad it isn't just me.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Just learned I'm not alone, thanks for posting. Pixel 5 here on Android 13.

I've had a few Bluetooth issues with both Rivian and my earbuds since upgrading from 11 straight to 13 as well. I put off upgrading for the longest time because I knew it would come with issues. And here they are...

Sponsored

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Yes, frustrating. Have to copy/paste from notepad. The Input Type is not correct. Amateur mistake by whoever developed it. They need to set it to auto correct and sentence caps.

<EditText
android:id="@+id/description"
android:layout_width="wrap_content"
android:layout_height="wrap_content"
android:inputType="textCapSentences|textAutoCorrect"
/>

OP
OP
SSteveEV

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

Yes, frustrating. Have to copy/paste from notepad. The Input Type is not correct. Amateur mistake by whoever developed it. They need to set it to auto correct and sentence caps.

<EditText
android:id="@+id/description"
android:layout_width="wrap_content"
android:layout_height="wrap_content"
android:inputType="textCapSentences|textAutoCorrect"
/>
Please please send whatever that is to them as a service request. Seems like an easy(ish) fix on their end and I have to imagine they would like notifications with proper spelling etc.

Also thanks for the idea to copy paste, I'll do that from now on.

Perk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2012 Volt, 2013 Odyssey, R2S reserved
A bit late to this thread, but yes, this has been happening to me as well. I thought it might be a configuration issue on my old Pixel 5, but my new Pixel 7 has the same problem, as does my wife's Pixel 7 Pro. It might be only an issue with the Pixels, because it is annoying as heck, and surely would be fixed by now. Incidentally, the first field (title) works just fine, but not the long description field where it is really needed :-(

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
A bit late to this thread, but yes, this has been happening to me as well. I thought it might be a configuration issue on my old Pixel 5, but my new Pixel 7 has the same problem, as does my wife's Pixel 7 Pro. It might be only an issue with the Pixels, because it is annoying as heck, and surely would be fixed by now. Incidentally, the first field (title) works just fine, but not the long description field where it is really needed :-(
Not a Pixel-only problem. It has happened on my Galaxy ever since the chat feature was introduced.
Sponsored