First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5, 2023 Chevy Bolt EUV Premier
Occupation
Systems Exec
If I connect a splitter to the fuse tap usb-c should I be able to also power a MagSafe phone mount? The OBD solutions give me enough power for 2 usb-c outs.
Sponsored

Mahawkma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
"full CarPlay (wireless) connection, run Waze, Google Maps, etc - and play music through Rivian audio"

It this running audio through the BT connection? Assuming it is. . .
edit; NM, need to work on my reading comprehension

Last edited:

R1Tmcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

Looking forward to a detailed video and possibly some reviews before jumping on this. Love the OEM look of the screen and setup here. Thanks for the work on putting this together!

Will you please make sure that your video has good details on the install process, wire routing/cable management, and full features/example usage of the screen?

Also, with the power routing for this, will it shut off when the truck turns off? Any power drain concerns?

R1Maybe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Clubs

RabidRat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 03 S2K
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Is it possible to change the color of the sidebar from blue to black or gray? The blue is kind of distracting.

Could it also be moved over to the right hand side of the screen so it's not in the way of interacting with the CarPlay menu bar also on the left?

Edit: better yet, can it be.removed entirely?

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

If I connect a splitter to the fuse tap usb-c should I be able to also power a MagSafe phone mount? The OBD solutions give me enough power for 2 usb-c outs.
Yes doable

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Is it possible to change the color of the sidebar from blue to black or gray? The blue is kind of distracting.

Could it also be moved over to the right hand side of the screen so it's not in the way of interacting with the CarPlay menu bar also on the left?
Yes both doable. Background color is adjustable. And you can swap the menu left or right.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Looking forward to a detailed video and possibly some reviews before jumping on this. Love the OEM look of the screen and setup here. Thanks for the work on putting this together!

Will you please make sure that your video has good details on the install process, wire routing/cable management, and full features/example usage of the screen?

Also, with the power routing for this, will it shut off when the truck turns off? Any power drain concerns?
yes will do. Yes our wire routing is easy, and we include zip ties to make it tight and tidy.

yes! Specifically routed the power so that the dash turns on and off with the vehicle.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Can you post up, or link to, the mounting instructions when you get a chance? Thsx

Steve A.

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Audi Q7, Ford Expedition, Porsche Cayenne
Occupation
self-employed code-slinger
Clubs

Rivian Nation, we've been working on this one for a while! Finally launched today just in time for Black Friday!

1 - plug and play (DIY install), no cutting or splicing or permanent mods!
2 - no tape or scewing mount to dash; patent pending design locks into factory dash!
3 - does not use any USB-C or cig lighter ports! plugs directly into fuse panel above driver feet / under dash
4 - full CarPlay (wireless) connection, run Waze, Google Maps, etc - and play music through Rivian audio

https://evsportline.com/products/apple-carplay-smart-dash-screen-for-rivian-r1t-r1s
DUDE! You just made my xmas! Never again will I have to use Waze on my phone sitting on the center console instead of the p.o.s. OEM navigation system and apps.

THANK YOU!

Sponsored

bendrumin

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Acura RDX
Occupation
Salesforce Developer
Ordered one yesterday! Excited. Missing the calendar sync I had with my Tesla.

GMAR

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
IT Management
Thanks EV Sportline! Love that you embrace Rivian and innovate products to fill any gaps that the OEM has not built. Once I get my R1S (Q1 2024) I’ll be ordering this along with several other of your products.

Pardon my ignorance here but how will activating CarPlay/AA interfere with the native Rivian infotainment? Will I still have the ability to use all the Rivian provided UIs? For example can I run Rivian maps on the OEM screen and Waze on CarPlay simultaneously? What happens if I try to run Spotify on the Rivian and play audio from my CarPlay simultaneously? Are there any Rivian OEM setting or screens that are disabled when running CarPlay/AA?

Steve A.

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Audi Q7, Ford Expedition, Porsche Cayenne
Occupation
self-employed code-slinger
Clubs

DUDE! You just made my xmas! Never again will I have to use Waze on my phone sitting on the center console instead of the p.o.s. OEM navigation system and apps.

THANK YOU!
Wife placed my order when I told her it was the top of my xmas list.