Clunking sound from front end.

GCool

First Name
GC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I'll be going in a third time to see if they can fix it - but I'm hoping the refresh has new parts/design.
Sponsored

Frisbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
My first R1T was a launch edition QM. Same problems. Multiple futile attempts to repair including the “washers” fix, subframe replacement, front drive unit replacement. Apparently my driving back and forth to the store on paved roads to get groceries was too stressful for it. Finally just parked it in the garage and spent months demanding Rivian take it back. They finally did and I now have a replacement DM R1T. While my new R1T only has 1500 miles on it, and only time will tell its ultimate reliability, it is like night and day in comparison to the first vehicle. It is a less complex vehicle (no rock crawling nor rally functions) and only two motors with more traditional differential like drivelines. I am hopeful Rivian has solved its design problems. I truly think Rivian made a mistake in trying to design a vehicle which could be all things to all people.

GCool

First Name
GC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Wow. I've been trying to get them to take the S back for months. I had a launch R1T, along with two friends, and all of our vehicles were just fine. I'll stay on them as I might be forced to switch to the dual motor. But I think the fact that you already have 1500 miles and no issues is a GREAT sign. I miss my truck but love the tighter turning radius of the S for in town driving. Calling them again today.
Sponsored