Colorado Checking In

CUBldr97

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TESLA MS85 RIVIAN reservation holder
Everyone check your configuration page, many items disappeared yesterday from my config, specifically, floor matts, charger, cross bars, ski rack... also hearing there may be changes to the interior options...

Also I am finally getting a First mile for the R1S, after begging with a CS agent... they were able to set it up... they actually called me back after two days... totally shocked someone followed through for me. 3.5 years plus waiting... getting to the point of not "waiting so patiently" anymore.
Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Everyone check your configuration page, many items disappeared yesterday from my config, specifically, floor matts, charger, cross bars, ski rack... also hearing there may be changes to the interior options...

Also I am finally getting a First mile for the R1S, after begging with a CS agent... they were able to set it up... they actually called me back after two days... totally shocked someone followed through for me. 3.5 years plus waiting... getting to the point of not "waiting so patiently" anymore.
My R1T configurator was unchanged, but did see the addition of the front PPF option and the two new color options with vinyl instead of wood for Black Mountain and Ocean Coast.

Ccomtois

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150
Occupation
Patient Rivian Pre-Order Holder

I get how that is super frustrating. Are you in the Boulder/Louisville area? If you haven't yet been able to poke around in an R1S, I'm happy to oblige! Just let me know.

CUBldr97

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I get how that is super frustrating. Are you in the Boulder/Louisville area? If you haven't yet been able to poke around in an R1S, I'm happy to oblige! Just let me know.
I'm in Erie, appreciate the offer. Hope the first mile will handle all my questions... I really just want the guide contact. really frustrating to not hear anything, when i see folks with much later reservation dates actually getting their R1S.... but i will try to stay patient... it's so close...

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I'm in Erie, appreciate the offer. Hope the first mile will handle all my questions... I really just want the guide contact. really frustrating to not hear anything, when i see folks with much later reservation dates actually getting their R1S.... but i will try to stay patient... it's so close...

Sponsored

Ccomtois

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150
Occupation
Patient Rivian Pre-Order Holder
Yeah, with a May 2019 preorder date, feel like it should be any time. What is ur delivery window?

CUBldr97

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My R1T configurator was unchanged, but did see the addition of the front PPF option and the two new color options with vinyl instead of wood for Black Mountain and Ocean Coast.
Yeah, with a May 2019 preorder date, feel like it should be any time. What is ur delivery window?
Oct-Dec 2022, but that could change with the so-called update coming in a few days?

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Interesting update on service centers from Tony on the Reddit AMA yesterday. Good news for you Southern CO folks.

While I don't have an update to share specifically for PA just yet, I'm happy to share our next Service Centers are expected to launch in Vancouver BC, Nashville, and San Jose by end of year.
Early next year, we're expanding to Cincinnati, Portland, Boise, and Washington DC.

Following in the spring with St. Louis, Detroit , Colorado Springs, and Tampa.

Aardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
I don't know if the owner is on the forum or not, but I saw a Red Canyon R1T parked in old town Monument today (10/14) around 11 AM.
Beautiful truck! Congratulations. The RC is one of those colors that looks different, and better, in person than in the photos I've seen.
I've seen a Launch Green R1T a number of times around town, but this is my first sighting of Big Red.
I hope to join you in Monument with an R1S sometime in the next 12 (or 13 or 14....) months.
🤞

PAFDenver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Baja
Occupation
retired
I hope this hasn't been answered already, but I haven't seen it. I am about to get my R1T and am through step 7. I got an email telling me how to self-register since they won't do it in Colorado. Someone here must have done this - can you answer some questions about the process?

The email states I will need to bring to the DMV "Payment for applicable taxes and fees" What are these? I have already paid the 8.1% vehicle tax as well as $1497.50 in title & registration fees & $225 in doc fees. Are there MORE fees and taxes due?

They also state: (I bolded the parts I am confused about)
Rivian will collect taxes based on your registration and delivery location. Following delivery, Rivian will title your vehicle through the Colorado DMV. The final registration will be completed by the Rivian owner after receiving notice via mail from the Colorado DMV. Registration fees will be due to the Colorado DMV at that time.
Are there additional registration fees that isn't part of what Rivian collected as title & registration fees?

They also say they are going to mail me the "Illinois Sales Tax Transaction Return (form ST-556 Tax Form, if applicable)". Did you get that? What's it for - Illinois' web site was useless?

It kind of sounds to me like they collected a bunch of taxes and registration fees but I will need to pay them locally and THEN try to get them back from Rivian. Is that how it works?

Also, I am debating getting a custom plate. How tough is that to do? I think it should be just what's described on Colorado's DMV site. It sounded like it would be a pain if Rivian did all the registration work, but since I have to do the work it seems like it would be easy.

Thanks

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I hope this hasn't been answered already, but I haven't seen it. I am about to get my R1T and am through step 7. I got an email telling me how to self-register since they won't do it in Colorado. Someone here must have done this - can you answer some questions about the process?

The email states I will need to bring to the DMV "Payment for applicable taxes and fees" What are these? I have already paid the 8.1% vehicle tax as well as $1497.50 in title & registration fees & $225 in doc fees. Are there MORE fees and taxes due?

Rivian will collect taxes based on your registration and delivery location. Following delivery, Rivian will title your vehicle through the Colorado DMV. The final registration will be completed by the Rivian owner after receiving notice via mail from the Colorado DMV. Registration fees will be due to the Colorado DMV at that time.
Are there additional registration fees that isn't part of what Rivian collected as title & registration fees?

They also say they are going to mail me the "Illinois Sales Tax Transaction Return (form ST-556 Tax Form, if applicable)". Did you get that? What's it for - Illinois' web site was useless?

It kind of sounds to me like they collected a bunch of taxes and registration fees but I will need to pay them locally and THEN try to get them back from Rivian. Is that how it works?

Also, I am debating getting a custom plate. How tough is that to do? I think it should be just what's described on Colorado's DMV site. It sounded like it would be a pain if Rivian did all the registration work, but since I have to do the work it seems like it would be easy.

Thanks
I got the same email and I am not in delivery process. Sounds like everyone in the states where they send the "self-register" packets got the email, even those you already took delivery. I can't really shed any light on the instructions.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Thanks
I'm a max pack preorder and got the email, so I assume it has nothing to do with delivery timeline and just being in CO. If they've finally come to their senses and are going to do registration like any other dealer does then it should be fairly simple. Rivian will handle initial title paperwork as well as collecting/remitting sales tax to the state. When paperwork is complete, you'll get a notice in the mail that says it's time to register and you'll either go in to the DMV or I believe you can do it online now. At that time you'll pay registration and ownership tax (distinct from sales tax and is paid annually, reducing on a schedule through 10 years post manufacture). Assuming the last paragraph in the email is correct then I'm thrilled because it also means we'll get to do specialty/custom plates if we want them rather than being forced into the default plate and applying for the specialty plate later.

BigginsCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T | El Cap Grey | 20" AT

Thanks
I took delivery of my R1T at the Denver service center in early September and I didn't need to do anything with the DMV. Rivian took payment and registered my vehicle and I received my Colorado plates and updated registration about 4 weeks later. Was a super easy process, and I appreciate not having to deal with the DMV in the first year.

PAFDenver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Baja
Occupation
retired
Thanks everyone. It sounds like the email was just bad timing, but I am double checking with y Rivian guide.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I took delivery of my R1T at the Denver service center in early September and I didn't need to do anything with the DMV. Rivian took payment and registered my vehicle and I received my Colorado plates and updated registration about 4 weeks later. Was a super easy process, and I appreciate not having to deal with the DMV in the first year.
Exact same for me. Must be an advantage of living in Erie. 😉
Sponsored