Sponsored

CONCERN: RIVN have enough cash to to go beyond 2025 and launch R2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Check your facts.

Retooling is only going to be down for a few weeks. What is their production rate for even a month right now? About 5k to 6k? That’s not explaining the nearly 30k reduction in production estimate for the year. Plus, the retooling and revision to R1 are supposed to make production more efficient—not less. Then the output should increase by a noticeable amount for the rest of the year.

Tesla sold 50k annually in it’s third full year of production.

You’re going to compare Rivian’s entire output for 3 different models to Tesla’s least sold model, and somehow that’s supposed to be a win?

There has not been a single EV debut—by any brand—that popped its company’s stock like what you’re expecting to happen.
You should check your numbers. They didn't sell 50k in their third year of producing cars.
Sponsored

Biturbowned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Model Y, ‘22 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Can someone smarter than me tell me why RIVN isn’t short sale restricted today?

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T FG/FE 20" AT Dark
And, Rivian didn’t remove or downgrade things in the R1 over time, right?
Is Driver+ not something that is constantly being improved upon as well?
Apples/Oranges and you know it. There is a difference between something being improved and the crap Tesla pulls with their "beta" software.

Also no, Rivian has not disabled anything that was physically in my car so they could save money on future vehicles like Tesla did with my Model 3

Sponsored

Eric9610

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Tesla MY, MB E350, MB S550
Clubs

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gr8Barn

Gr8Barn

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Tesla Model X ‘22 Rivian R1T 1991 Defender 110
Can someone smarter than me tell me why RIVN isn’t short sale restricted today?
Why would it be short sale restricted? There are buyers and sellers of stocks, unfortunately, for RIVN, there are 2x more sellers than buyers, hence a significant price drop. A big lesson for RJ and his CFO to learn as they now have to face buyside analysts to prop the stock up, but when you can’t answer if you will have enough cash to go beyond 2025, this will be in the single digits by today.

Reactions: Rad

strangelove

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black R1S, '23 Pacifica Hybrid, '17 Grand Sport CE
Occupation
Game Developer
Clubs

Product is king. The product is fantastic, they'll find a way to survive - on their own, or with help (whether they want it or not).

strangelove

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black R1S, '23 Pacifica Hybrid, '17 Grand Sport CE
Occupation
Game Developer
Clubs

I'd also add that it's smart they made this move before the R2 announce. I expect that reveal will become the dominant Rivian news beat, partially drowning out the layoff news. And there are few things investors like more than cost cutting.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Sponsored

R1TS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
You do realize Tesla start selling cars in 2009…

I stand by my math as the company data came from Barton’s something you probably don’t have access to.

also the model X compete directly in the R1 class. I don’t know anyone that picks an X over R1.
Of course, no one wanting a truck is going to buy a Model X.

But, there were roughly almost 20K people who bought a Model X over any Rivian last year. Roughly the same amount as R1S sales.

I was calling out the prior poster’s comparison of Model X sales being just half of Rivian’s entire sales, including not just of R1T but also with that of EDVs.

Last edited:

Epicloop

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Wait and see how the stock does on March 7th when the R2 is shown and they report the preorders the following week. The stock is going to pop.

I can see Rivian at $50 a share if they hit the goal in Q4 and R2 has good pre orders in 1-2 years.
I highly doubt that will have that huge of an impact as there appears to be more competition in that market space, where the R1S still has no competition until the Scout is introduced.
I really hope the R2 is a hit but I don't see it being that ground breaking.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
Rivian has been saying basically the same thing every year for the past few years and virtually all of it has been met or exceeded including their cash on hand, nothing is a surprise, especially considering every other tech company is laying off people. That said, hype for R2 will be a good indicator. Just like Tesla if the hype for their mass market car is high then even if they're on a razors edge when it launches they are very similar in execution, minus making tents in the parking lot.(so far)

LetsgoRIVN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
This massive sell off is pricing dilution after RJ’s interview on CNBC, he couldn’t even breath normally when the question about cash was asked!
He made it worse, example the question about Market expecting 80K whereas guidance is 57K. He could have just said the several weeks of shutdown will affect production instead of talking about how R1 is beloved … etc

Anyone knows what is the short % of float as of today ?

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

he couldn’t even breath normally when the question about cash was asked!
Not only that but he looked to be in a cold sweat. His upper lip was moist. Not a good look.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.