Sponsored

Demo vehicle delivery experience & expectations?

Apatel323

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

Has anyone taken delivery of a demo vehicle? What was your experience like? Was the Rivian worn more than expected?

I have my delivery of a 2022 demo vehicle with low 100 miles scheduled for next week and curious what to expect. Thank you.
Sponsored

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Exciting.
Is there a way to differentiate demo vehicles from rejects?
100 miles on the odo seems very low.

OP
OP

Apatel323

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

Rivian sales said it was in a Rivian space. I’m hoping it wasn’t a reject.

Dave Cundiff

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (DM, MaxPack); 2023 and 2019 Bolts
In some states, including Washington, manufacturers are forbidden to offer test drives.

So if it was in the Seattle Rivian Space, it would barely have been driven at all.

Yours may be different, but this story is plausible and may very well be trustworthy.

Best wishes!

Sponsored

Purkinje

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Picked my truck up this morning. 7,000 miles. Ended up with meridian speakers and the 12v up front. Everyone was in good shape except for the rear tire rims, they were pretty damaged. I notified the service center when there and they ordered two new tires. Very happy with my new truck!

OP
OP

Apatel323

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

Picked my truck up this morning. 7,000 miles. Ended up with meridian speakers and the 12v up front. Everyone was in good shape except for the rear tire rims, they were pretty damaged. I notified the service center when there and they ordered two new tires. Very happy with my new truck!
I’m glad to hear Rivian made things right. I’m expecting some wear. Thank you for sharing.

Tullyweeds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
Clubs

I took delivery of a demo yesterday morning. The guide said it was the first demo being delivered out of the MSP center and it came from the Denver center. the listing on the site said it had 9011 miles on it, but when picking up it actually had less at 8970 which was a nice surprise even though it wasn't much lower.

My power tonneau cover is locked open and I asked if there was anyway to unlock and see if it worked at all, or just lock it closed. Service tech there said they have now made it that once the cover is disabled it cannot be re-enabled until a flix is applied. So put in a service ticket while taking delivery as the guide said he had no idea if it was in queue to be fixed or not.

Overall condition of the vehicle is very close to brand new, I see a tiny bit of paint chip on an edge of a door, and a few tiny marks on the interior but over all super happy.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Interesting they would sell an R1 that was sitting in a Rivian Space. Most of those locations haven’t been open that long. To me it lends credibility to the R1 refresh rumors. The only reason to sell that R1 would be to replace it with a Rivian with the latest color and/ or interior IMO🤔

jbl911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Quad
Clubs

Smooth so far, I reserved my demo 3/19, paid 3/20, delivery scheduled 3/21 (for this week 3/28).

Sponsored

Patrick87

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram 1500 Longhorn, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Occupation
Sales
Smooth so far, I reserved my demo 3/19, paid 3/20, delivery scheduled 3/21 (for this week 3/28).
Did you schedule it for Home Delivery, ship it to a nearby Service Center or drive to the Service Center where the vehicle is located?

I'm trying to purchase one but my experience has been frustrating.

jbl911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Quad
Clubs

It shipped to my service center, it's included in the transport charge.

cjg817

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T & Audi Q5
I’m waiting for contact from a reservation placed yesterday. I’m curious to see what fees are added to the price listed. I know there will be state taxes but what else should I expect, is there a delivery fee? Also how do they handle registration for an out of state purchase?

jbl911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Quad
Clubs

356 Document fee, 155 State EV fee, 1800$ transport fee. Hope this help. They are handling my registration/title. No delivery fee aside from the transport fee since I'm picking up at the nearest service center.

cjg817

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T & Audi Q5
So what plates are you putting on the R1S when you pick it up? Did they handle the state DMV registration for you like they would if it were new?
Sponsored