Sponsored

Driver+ availability expansion?

tyfly867

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
370z, Chevy Suburban
Has anyone seen seen any expansion on where they are able to use their driver+ feature?

I’ve had the R1T for over a year now and haven’t seen any new roads made available. It doesn’t seem like driver+ development is high on Rivian’s priorities right now.
Sponsored

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Green R1T, 2022 Polaris Ranger NorthStar
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
Same here in NY state. I keep hoping they will fill in ”dead spots” on Rt 17, but no luck.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I have seen some changes, (a 1/4 mile segment of highway that wasn't available previously and would require a disengagement now is), but nothing major that has been added.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I have found D+ mostly unusable recently. It constantly cuts out on what should be mapped highways, almost always to be available immediately once disengaged.

It's probably something to do with my build so not necessarily faulting Rivian just wish they would do away with this whole mapped highway nonsense and enable it anywhere it can see lines on the highway.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

i think every update for the past 4 or 5 have had driver+ updates. they haven't explicitly mentioned adding more mapped roads so hard to say if they have or haven't added any. seems like the answer might be no.

among their overall priorities not sure where the driver+ program is. id imagine a big chuck of their dev team is focused on R2, which they probably should be because it needs to be a homerun out of the gate. for the R1 they may be focusing on the low hanging fruit, safety related features and bug fixes.

Sponsored

hayduke

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I have found D+ mostly unusable recently. It constantly cuts out on what should be mapped highways, almost always to be available immediately once disengaged.

It's probably something to do with my build so not necessarily faulting Rivian just wish they would do away with this whole mapped highway nonsense and enable it anywhere it can see lines on the highway.
i was wondering if something was wrong with my truck since i don’t hear this complained about much compared to what i see as relatively trivial gripes.

when i got my truck in june ‘22, i figured d+ was new and would quickly improve. more than a year later its really not more than a toy feature and i really can’t use it with passengers in the car since the near constant clanging of alarms as it invariably loses road info elicits too many giggles and concerns.

some examples of highway i travel frequently where d+ will cut out even more than once a mile even in good sunny weather with great visibility.

- i15 south of vegas (both directions but especially north) - in 30 miles it probably cuts out 20 times ,
-us395 between bishop and mammoth lakes - a tiny amount between crowley and mammoth seems mapped but missing about a half mile in the middle of then north bound section
- vegas 215 beltway cuts out many times

i really can’t think of a single place i regularly drive where it works for even more than 3-5 miles without cutting out. i did have a good experience on i10 in arizona but i go there pretty infrequently.

it seems like it should be a higher priority. a lot of friends have been in other cars with driver+ like features and the constant cut outs make it just seem broken and dangerous.

rpo

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Finance
I haven't experienced my R1S driver+ cutting out and have used it a number of times on I-5 north of Seattle for 50 miles at a time.

Cascadian

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, Outback
Clubs

I haven't experienced my R1S driver+ cutting out and have used it a number of times on I-5 north of Seattle for 50 miles at a time.
I am a new owner. I drove I-5 from Seattle to Canada yesterday and did not see Driver+ become available at all. Where should I expect to see it? Does Rivian have a map available?

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I am a new owner. I drove I-5 from Seattle to Canada yesterday and did not see Driver+ become available at all. Where should I expect to see it? Does Rivian have a map available?
Driver+ is everything. Are you talking about Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) or Highway Assist?

Rivian R1T R1S Driver+ availability expansion? Screenshot_20231123-080651

Reactions: VSG

Cascadian

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, Outback
Clubs

Driver+ is everything. Are you talking about Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) or Highway Assist?

Screenshot_20231123-080651.png
Highway assist
2 pushes

Sponsored

BrayBay

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Edition R1S - Forest Green/Forest Edge
Clubs

I still get notified to take control at drive-thru tolls (no arms), even though that was supposedly addressed in a previous update. It's a minor inconvenience, but I enjoy Driver+ on the freeways I use.

rpo

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Finance
This is where I have used it 75% of the time. It works on I-5 all the way from Seattle to the border without issues for me. I just pull the stalk twice to turn it on the moment I get on the freeway.

Cascadian

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, Outback
Clubs

This is where I have used it 75% of the time. It works on I-5 all the way from Seattle to the border without issues for me. I just pull the stalk twice to turn it on the moment I get on the freeway.
I tried it coming south yesterday and it worked. Thanks.
Sponsored

Reactions: rpo