Sponsored

Efficiency Has TANKED

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
So do you guys charge to 100 when it’s cold then? I barely made it to work/back then the airport/back one day, and it was a total of 105 miles when I started the day at 80/233 miles.
I would charge to at least 90% in that case. What % did you end up at home with?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jayhawkeye

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Software
Wife went out for just over an hour today (maybe drove 40 miles?), and I made sure she preconditioned for 30 minutes prior to departure. She took this photo when she was pulling back into our hood.

temps are 10 degrees warmer than yesterday.

Rivian R1T R1S Efficiency Has TANKED IMG_0483

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
Something definitley seems off on your R1. If preconditioned way too low.

I get 1.2 when simply in 0 degrees and 20 mile trips each way, but once over 30 miles in a trip (not going 80) get at least 1.5 with a RTT and AT.

Probably because you like KU 😆.

HyperionMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model Y (previously a 3 and X)
This whole discussion is kinda funny when you step back. Obviously not funny in the moment and real concerns to consider, but let me put a different context to it:

We are acting like a bunch of suburb-Karens that are having a little difficulty with our $80,000 truck.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in that same place, so not judging. Just hilarious when you step back.

OP
OP
Jayhawkeye

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
This whole discussion is kinda funny when you step back. Obviously not funny in the moment and real concerns to consider, but let me put a different context to it:

We are acting like a bunch of suburb-Karens that are having a little difficulty with our $80,000 truck.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in that same place, so not judging. Just hilarious when you step back.
WTF does that even mean? Should people not be concerned if their vehicle is losing 35-50 percent of their range in cold weather? I never would flinch if it was lower and in line with usual battery issues in the cold, but based on what I’ve seen lately, I wanted to share with others. This is much different than a rattle in the cabin or a little wind noise.

sorry my concerns about a massive impact like 50 percent drain are Karen like to you.

Sponsored

HyperionMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model Y (previously a 3 and X)
WTF does that even mean? Should people not be concerned if their vehicle is losing 35-50 percent of their range in cold weather? I never would flinch if it was lower and in line with usual battery issues in the cold, but based on what I’ve seen lately, I wanted to share with others. This is much different than a rattle in the cabin or a little wind noise.

sorry my concerns about a massive impact like 50 percent drain are Karen like to you.
If you didn't know that big of winter drain was possible you simply didn't do your homework. Quit complaining.

OP
OP
Jayhawkeye

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
If you didn't know that big of winter drain was possible you simply didn't do your homework. Quit complaining.
ok. Thanks for your valuable contribution and help for a fellow owner. I truly appreciate it. Have a good one.

DeafPug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Evening trip to the local pub for dinner during the Bill/steelers game.

8 miles round trip. Pre-heated vehicle for 20 minutes at home before we left, and again the last 20 minutes at the pub before we came home.

Range went from 118 to 90. 28 miles lost over an 8 mile round trip. 😂
You mention 20 minutes of pre-heating when away from home...

For me, when driving in sub-freezing weather, I don't do extended pre-heating while the vehicle isn't connected to a charging station. Seems wasteful to keep the cabin warm for 20 minutes when 5 minutes of pre-heating will get most of the surfaces up to temperature. Running the heater for an extra 15 minutes could burn a few kWh of energy from the battery.
Sponsored