First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 Kia EV6, 15 Mustang GT Vert
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Thank you for the feedback, this was the information I was looking for. Mine consistently sleeps for 2 hours and wakes for an hour when sitting in the garage
Does your garage happen to be close to your bedroom or wherever you keep your phone, assuming you use PAAK? It’s possible the truck is seeing the phone and waking up. It does this every time I go to my garage fridge (I can tell because I hear my radar detector power up).
Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Does your garage happen to be close to your bedroom or wherever you keep your phone, assuming you use PAAK? It’s possible the truck is seeing the phone and waking up. It does this every time I go to my garage fridge (I can tell because I hear my radar detector power up).
No, phone is not near the garage, neither is the fob. I have disabled BT access to the Rivian app so PAAK will not function. I have cameras in the garage, so I can see that the vehicle is not completely waking up, unlocking and turning on lights. It is waking up to some sort of active state for 45 min to an hour every 2 hours or so.

Spaceball1

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
No, phone is not near the garage, neither is the fob. I have disabled BT access to the Rivian app so PAAK will not function. I have cameras in the garage, so I can see that the vehicle is not completely waking up, unlocking and turning on lights. It is waking up to some sort of active state for 45 min to an hour every 2 hours or so.
Very odd. May be worth opening a ticket with Rivian. Perhaps yours has a bug that can be squashed with a reprogramming of a module and/or software update.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Very odd. May be worth opening a ticket with Rivian. Perhaps yours has a bug that can be squashed with a reprogramming of a module and/or software update.
Yup. Already did. I had 10% vampire loss over 3 days parked in my garage with everything off. Rivian Service called regarding my service request and tried to tell me that 8%/day loss was "normal". That's pretty incredulous. How can one expect to park at an airport for 1 to 2 weeks with that type of loss. Her response was that Rivian doesn't recommend that!!!

After pressing (and using my 6.5 gallon gasoline leak / month analogy based on electricity and gas prices in my area) she acquiesced and set up a service appointment for me in 2 months! In the meantime, their team "might" try to analyze it remotely. I know my loss isn't as much as others, but still pretty frustrating for a company that claims to be so eco-conscious.

waitingonanr1s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 QM R1S
Thank you for the feedback, this was the information I was looking for. Mine consistently sleeps for 2 hours and wakes for an hour when sitting in the garage
Just diving into my electrafi data for the first time. I do have gear guard on and park in a large garage serving a dual high rise building, so always expected some loss with that setting. I've always had vampire drain around 1-2% per day. Key is always 25 floors away from the vehicle.

However, I am seeing the same pattern that you have noted - generally 2 hours of sleep, followed by 1 hour of idle, give or take. Sometimes the sleep can be up to 1 hour shorter or longer, but the longest sleep I'm seeing over the past few weeks is 3.25 hours. Electrafi is confirming the drain I've noticed, it appears to be closer to 1.5 to 2.5% per day per electrafi. Although, I quit paying attention regularly in the Rivian - I don't drive a ton, so it doesn't really affect how much I need to charge.

My R1S is charging tonight, but will turn off gear guard tomorrow night and see if it makes a difference.

Below is an example. After backing out the legitimate idles where I entered the vehicle lost 1.71%.
Rivian R1T R1S Electrafi (Teslafi) now available for Rivian 1704514756906

Rivian R1T R1S Electrafi (Teslafi) now available for Rivian 1704514405944

Last edited:

Sponsored

waitingonanr1s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 QM R1S
Yup. Already did. I had 10% vampire loss over 3 days parked in my garage with everything off. Rivian Service called regarding my service request and tried to tell me that 8%/day loss was "normal". That's pretty incredulous. How can one expect to park at an airport for 1 to 2 weeks with that type of loss. Her response was that Rivian doesn't recommend that!!!

After pressing (and using my 6.5 gallon gasoline leak / month analogy based on electricity and gas prices in my area) she acquiesced and set up a service appointment for me in 2 months! In the meantime, their team "might" try to analyze it remotely. I know my loss isn't as much as others, but still pretty frustrating for a company that claims to be so eco-conscious.
Just saw this posted on Twitter. This sounds similar to what we're seeing. Hopefully this addresses the issue.

Also looks like Rivian finally got sick of all the tickets they had to be getting for the orange motor temperatures when pre-conditioning. 🤣

Rivian R1T R1S Electrafi (Teslafi) now available for Rivian 1704516969921

Last edited:
OP
OP
mkennedy1996

mkennedy1996

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model X, Model Y
Just diving into my electrafi data for the first time. I do have gear guard on and park in a large garage serving a dual high rise building, so always expected some loss with that setting. I've always had vampire drain around 1-2% per day. Key is always 25 floors away from the vehicle.

However, I am seeing the same pattern that you have noted - generally 2 hours of sleep, followed by 1 hour of idle, give or take. Sometimes the sleep can be up to 1 hour shorter or longer, but the longest sleep I'm seeing over the past few weeks is 3.25 hours. Electrafi is confirming the drain I've noticed, it appears to be closer to 1.5 to 2.5% per day per electrafi. Although, I quit paying attention regularly in the Rivian - I don't drive a ton, so it doesn't really affect how much I need to charge.

My R1S is charging tonight, but will turn off gear guard tomorrow night and see if it makes a difference.

Below is an example. After backing out the legitimate idles where I entered the vehicle lost 1.71%.
1704514756906.png

1704514405944.png
I used to see your pattern, but lately am seeing a good sleep pattern with less than a kWh per day in loss.
Rivian R1T R1S Electrafi (Teslafi) now available for Rivian Web capture_6-1-2024_14513_www.electrafi.com

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
I used to see your pattern, but lately am seeing a good sleep pattern with less than a kWh per day in loss.
Web capture_6-1-2024_14513_www.electrafi.com.jpeg
Nice ... mine is 2hrs sleep, 1 hr wake (+- 15min) consistently ... odd that vehicles are having different behavior. Hopefully this next update resolves. I only just started using Electrifi so I don't have historical data but noticed increased drain about a month ago or so.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Just saw this posted on Twitter. This sounds similar to what we're seeing. Hopefully this addresses the issue.

Also looks like Rivian finally got sick of all the tickets they had to be getting for the orange motor temperatures when pre-conditioning. 🤣

1704516969921.png
So I guess 8% loss/day isn't normal then :rolleyes:

Just more BS from Rivian Service...

beyondgravity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Will it send me a nag if I park at home but forget to plug in?
This! What is the practical anctionable application for (selfish) me. I totally understand the love to nerdding out on data; but do I have time? No :-(. So if there is no actionable item that improves my life or other folks, I will watch from the sidelines.

I am also very privacy centric; given here we do not have strong regulations as Europe.

Sponsored

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
This! What is the practical anctionable application for (selfish) me. I totally understand the love to nerdding out on data; but do I have time? No :-(. So if there is no actionable item that improves my life or other folks, I will watch from the sidelines.

I am also very privacy centric; given here we do not have strong regulations as Europe.
Not sure about ElectraFi but this can be done in Home Assistant (HA) and the Rivian (Unofficial) integration. I have HA check the battery SoC every two hours and send me an email if it goes below 50%. Pretty sure you could write an automation to send a notification if the R1T is "Home" and "Not Charging". The integration polls the Cloud and not the truck directly. It does not appear to have a negative impact on the SoC, as I am losing < 1% per day in the garage with gear guard off.

Spaceball1

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I checked my Electrifi for this week. Overnight I lose about 1-1.5%, and surprisingly the 9 hours parked at work in the cold I’m only losing 0-0.1% of battery!
Sleep times both at home and work are around 2-5 hours with “parking” periods mixed in there which are about 45-60 minutes.

OP
OP
mkennedy1996

mkennedy1996

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model X, Model Y

It will do this.
Rivian R1T R1S Electrafi (Teslafi) now available for Rivian Web capture_6-1-2024_172450_www.electrafi.com

not_a_car_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Perf Dual Motor
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I also get the 2-3 hrs sleep and 1 hr idle cycle in ElectraFi. We’re in New England. I wonder if that is the truck waking up to keep the battery temperature in check?

Spaceball1

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I also get the 2-3 hrs sleep and 1 hr idle cycle in ElectraFi. We’re in New England. I wonder if that is the truck waking up to keep the battery temperature in check?
it’s possible, but since I have a heated garage at home (kept at 53 at night), and at work it’s been in the 30s-40s outside (though with a some sun), I doubt that’s the reason. It may be normal pinging it does, or could be Electrafi waking it up?
Sponsored