First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 Kia EV6, 15 Mustang GT Vert
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
What is service supposed to do when it’s most likely a software issue?
if two vehicles with the same software are showing vastly different phantom draining, then there must be something they can do. Whether it’s a bad module that’s staying awake, or firmware bugs that need re-flashed. Something….

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
So I guess 8% loss/day isn't normal then :rolleyes:

Just more BS from Rivian Service...

What is service supposed to do when it’s most likely a software issue?
Investigate, not just blow off paying customers with ridiculous statements like "8% loss/day is normal" when even 4% loss is enough to rate a fleet wide OTA hotfix by engineering. Idiotic statements like these from official Rivian SC's make Rivian look bush league incompetent indicating they'll just lie about something if they don't know the answer rather than put some effort in to solving the issue.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
if two vehicles with the same software are showing vastly different phantom draining, then there must be something they can do. Whether it’s a bad module that’s staying awake, or firmware bugs that need re-flashed. Something….
Sure they can check hardware but if it’s a software issue not much they can do until a new software release.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I just signed up for this yesterday. Holy ***@#$ is this a lot of information. Nice!
I do wish self-hosting was possible, but I'm still enjoying the data for now. Just started paying for it this week after the trial ended and can't wait to see all the data from a road trip next week.
Lots of data here, looks pretty cool, but what do we do with all this data? What's personal use case?

I'm finding it hard to consider paying them to collect and store my data. Especially if I don't know what to do with it.

I don't have wild vampire drain, efficiencies are on the high side for all wheel types I've tried, and my truck has been great over 40k ✊🏼🪵

Last edited:

Sponsored

scottf200

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Past Ford Exped; curr TMX 100D; future BEV truck
Occupation
sw engineer
Will it send me a nag if I park at home but forget to plug in?
This! What is the practical anctionable application for (selfish) me. I totally understand the love to nerdding out on data; but do I have time? No :-(. So if there is no actionable item that improves my life or other folks, I will watch from the sidelines.

I am also very privacy centric; given here we do not have strong regulations as Europe.
In TeslaFI (and guessing Rivian's version), you can use it to remind you with the "Schedules & Reminders" feature.

Rivian R1T R1S Electrafi (Teslafi) now available for Rivian CZG0Pfm

I took a minute and captured this from the Chrome browser 'inspected' code dropdown options

Wake Up
Flash Lights
Honk Horn
Lock Doors
Unlock Doors
Enable Sentry Mode
Disable Sentry Mode
Max Defrost On
Max Defrost Off
Start HVAC
Stop HVAC
Set HVAC Temperature
Start Charging
Stop Charging
Set Charging Amps
Set Valet Mode
Steering Wheel Heater
Set Charge Limit
Seat Heater Driver
Seat Heater Passenger
Seat Heater Rear Left
Seat Heater Rear Center
Seat Heater Rear Right
Plug In Reminder
Charge Limit Reminder
Doors Unlocked Reminder
Climate Preset

waitingonanr1s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 QM R1S
it’s possible, but since I have a heated garage at home (kept at 53 at night), and at work it’s been in the 30s-40s outside (though with a some sun), I doubt that’s the reason. It may be normal pinging it does, or could be Electrafi waking it up?
I park in a heated garage as well and work from home - it's never below 50 for an extended period of time unless travelling. Others aren't seeing electrafi wake up their vehicle, and I had vampire drain before electrafi was activated. I always assumed it was gear guard, but appears not to be the case.

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
There's a seat heater in the rear center? Guess I've never sat back there to notice. Tbh I don't even know if there's a seatbelt in the middle? LOL.
There is not a heater in the rear center.

Electrafi was designed for Tesla's vehicles and they just made a few small tweaks to accommodate Rivian. There is all sorts of references in the Rivian version that refer to features that do not apply to Rivian.

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S DPM Max Pack 20" AT
Just took delivery of my vehicle today, and authenticated my Rivian account with my Electrafi account. I don't see any data in Electrafi, even hours later after multiple drives. Is this expected? Does the vehicle need to be connected to WiFi and not just the built in LTE for it to upload data?

Sponsored

OP
OP
mkennedy1996

mkennedy1996

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model X, Model Y
Just took delivery of my vehicle today, and authenticated my Rivian account with my Electrafi account. I don't see any data in Electrafi, even hours later after multiple drives. Is this expected? Does the vehicle need to be connected to WiFi and not just the built in LTE for it to upload data?
No need for wifi.

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No need for wifi.
Here's all I see on ElectraFi. Do I need to wait a certain amount of time for it to fetch new data? I'm assuming it only pulls data for the driver that it acquired the auth tokens for?

Rivian R1T R1S Electrafi (Teslafi) now available for Rivian Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 10.11.06 PM

OP
OP
mkennedy1996

mkennedy1996

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model X, Model Y
Here's all I see on ElectraFi. Do I need to wait a certain amount of time for it to fetch new data? I'm assuming it only pulls data for the driver that it acquired the auth tokens for?

Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 10.11.06 PM.png
Could be the newness of your Rivian account???

Do you see a VIN under settings - account - vehicle?

Under Settings - Rivian Account - do you have tokens?

Under Settings - Account - Subscription - Do you have logging enabled?

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I remember using TeslaFi with my 2014 Model S when it came out. It was kind of neat to see all my trips taped out on top of each other,, but ultimately I didn't find it worth turning over access to my data to a 3rd party worth it. I don't think I'll be using it with my Rivian.

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Could be the newness of your Rivian account???

Do you see a VIN under settings - account - vehicle?

Under Settings - Rivian Account - do you have tokens?

Under Settings - Account - Subscription - Do you have logging enabled?
I've had a Rivian account since 2021.
Yes to all your other questions; I see my VIN, API tokens, and logging enabled in ElectraFi.
Sponsored