Electrical Engineer

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Lol.

Quite "Flat Earth Society" of you.

That said, a piece of this plan is already public, so I'll let you try to guess at the rest of it...

https://www.theverge.com/2023/10/26...ty-supercharger-electric-car-charging-network
So that's implying that Tesla is no longer expanding the supercharger network and relying on selling their chargers to third parties. It's been known for awhile that Tesla is selling chargers to third parties. The current supercharger network will stagnate. This is no different than ABB providing chargers to EA.

And there is proof the Earth isn't flat, but I'm sure if Elon said it was flat some would believe it.

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Cadillac ELR, Rivian R1T, Jeep TJ, F250
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
So that's implying that Tesla is no longer expanding the supercharger network and relying on selling their chargers to third parties. It's been known for awhile that Tesla is selling chargers to third parties. The current supercharger network will stagnate. This is no different than ABB providing chargers to EA.

And there is proof the Earth isn't flat, but I'm sure if Elon said it was flat some would believe it.
nope nope nope.

Ok, I tried, I will move on.

Again, my post was for those wanting some good news from an industry insider; no, all is not lost, there are good things in the works that will make the SC network even better.

I will now turn the thread back over to extremely un-informed doom-sayers....

:cool:

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Sponsored

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
It's obvious Tesla wants to sell shovels for the next gold rush here, but did they not just axe all of the people responsible for designing better shovels? 250kW 500V stations are very "old hat".
No, they didn't. Just like they did not "cancel" the M2, which is also widely (and just as falsely) being reported by the media.

Part of what is going on is trying to keep the competition in the dark to be able to get there first. Good business sense.

Yes; big moves happening. Anybody who thinks this is not well thought out hasn't been paying attention.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Anybody who thinks this is not well thought out hasn't been paying attention.
*gestures at cybertruck, roadster 2, semi truck*

Spork8

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

*gestures at cybertruck, roadster 2, semi truck*
I think you need to be more rational.... those were obviously meme vehicles to hide what is really going on behind the curtain. (kidding around, of course)

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T

evguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1S LE; '18 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Law
No.

Seriously people, this is part of a much bigger plan, it is well thought out and, well, frankly, genius (wish I had come up with it).

The "he woke up on the wrong side of the bed and fired everyone" narrative is uninformed and it is foolish to keep repeating it.
Nice try. Well thought out plans don't culminate with firing hundreds of people without notice in the middle of the night.

Sponsored

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Ha! 🤣 Yes, BP is going to save us! If BP, Shell, and the other oil giants are expected to save us, we're all f#cked.
....talk about missing the forest for the trees...

Rivian R1T R1S Entire Tesla Supercharger team fired (Update: Elon Musk says supercharger network growth will continue). ** ⚠️ ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS ** download (2)

Reactions: MWB

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
No.

Seriously people, this is part of a much bigger plan, it is well thought out and, well, frankly, genius (wish I had come up with it).

The "he woke up on the wrong side of the bed and fired everyone" narrative is uninformed and it is foolish to keep repeating it.
You're hilarious. "part of a much bigger plan, "genius", "well thought out.". Sounds like what my college roommate used to say before she joined a cult and squandered away her youth in service of a nut job." 🙄

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I think you need to be more rational.... those were obviously meme vehicles to hide what is really going on behind the curtain. (kidding around, of course)
Has anyone tried to remove their cybertruck exoskeletons yet? Maybe the real truck is just hidden behind it.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S PDM MP, 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
My theory is that they're converting all of the supercharger sites to decentralized servers that will host an AI modeled on Musk's consciousness. That AI will power teh Tesla Robo Taxis and FSD so it will be like Musk is in the driver's seat of every Tesla on the road.

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (upgraded), 20"] 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

I thought Tesla wasn't really a car company anymore? Firing key people doing car-adjacent jobs seems like the first step in the transition.
Yeah, but you've got to keep making the products while the transition is in process.
Sponsored