Sponsored

2Labs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S 85D
Mine is 125XX, so I guess it's all over the map.
Sponsored

2Labs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S 85D

Moon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
12v in the frunk?
There is also one under the infotainment dash, is that missing too? No one talks about it, I did not even know it existed, found out accidentally when bent under the dash trying to peek in the camp speaker hole(unless we are camping why not use the speaker at home, and use the space for storage, off-topic, nm).

Anyway, the one under the infotainment dash should have been taken out instead of the one in frunk if they were debating cost cutting or parts shortage, unless they have taken out both.

Sponsored

Timo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 cummins | 1994 FZJ80 | 2021 Bolt
There is also one under the infotainment dash, is that missing too? No one talks about it, I did not even know it existed, found out accidentally when bent under the dash trying to peek in the camp speaker hole(unless we are camping why not use the speaker at home, and use the space for storage, off-topic, nm).

Anyway, the one under the infotainment dash should have been taken out instead of the one in frunk if they were debating cost cutting or parts shortage, unless they have taken out both.
My understanding is they are taking out both. There's another thread here where they're trying to figure out what the final vins are that got the front outlet.

GlennWo

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y; Ram 1500
Occupation
Retired
Yep, understand the reality of how long this "could" take but I'm just hoping Rivian will want to count as many deliveries as possible in their Q3 numbers and have ways to speed up the process when needed. Guess we will see.
Well, the stars were in alignment. They obviously expedited the process, and I took delivery today in time to count toward their Q3 numbers!

MJ98AG

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
So, if any of you saw the configuration you wanted in the shop, but it was a Launch Edition w/ a build date in August and a VIN in the 4000 range, would you still take it?

LTD in CBTS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3, Vespa 300, R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

They just dropped 54 new R1Ts in the Shop that I can see from San Diego. Every color, interior, and wheel type combinations.

a76marine

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Jeep J10 (Pickup Truck) & 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Data Analytics and Intelligence
Clubs

So, if any of you saw the configuration you wanted in the shop, but it was a Launch Edition w/ a build date in August and a VIN in the 4000 range, would you still take it?
You wouldn't know the VIN until you choose it, and likely wouldn't know the build date until you take delivery (unless the guide tells you sooner?).

I took a shop Launch Edition, VIN is 116XX, build date is 8/22 according to the label.

Sponsored

Moon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
I already picked up one last week, 39xx VIN with a 2/22 manufacturing date, less than 50 miles on the odo, I am a happy owner now, already put to work. If I had to, I may go for it again. People are betting on the new Tonneau design which is expected to do slightly better, but not entirely a new design. I have been playing with Tonneau for a week, no issues so far. Other than the Tonneau, the missing 12v, slightly different bed light, no other changes discovered by fellow members. Build quality depends, it’s been a mixed bag, some build issues like uneven panel gaps are seen even in the latest VINs, but nothing serious that Rivian won’t agree to fix under warranty.

It is a personal choice at the end.

MJ98AG

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I actually did select the truck and stupidly didn’t notice it was a launch edition.

VIN was listed in the 4000’s but guide told me it had a build date in August (which is strange). So, just rethinking my decision on the selection and whether I want that early VIN.

Last edited:

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
They just dropped 54 new R1Ts in the Shop that I can see from San Diego. Every color, interior, and wheel type combinations.
I see the same amount in the LA R1T Shop as well. Must be the same webpage as San Diego.

This LE Limestone is tempting. It even includes the “must have” spare tire…

Rivian R1T R1S First look at @ “Introducing the R1 Shop” -- Rivian website to shop for R1T that delivers in 6-8 weeks 3A11B06B-FBAA-4FF6-97EE-2A31906F0BC1

Jabbahop

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘14 BMW i3, ‘19 BMW i3, ‘22 R1T -> ‘24 R1S Max
Occupation
retired
Grabbed Silver with Black 20s and Forest Edge interior, spare tire, power tonneau. Forest Edge and Black 20’s were not on our config but is close enough so doing the 8 step shuffle!

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Congrats! Let’s see how long it takes until delivery. Do you know the VIN?
Sponsored