First Name
Revo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Occupation
Captain
This is really exciting and positive to see plus it will sit really well on the earnings call on Thursday. We are checking more positive boxes than negative these days. LETS GOOOOO
It would be much more positive though if that were my truck! ?????
Sponsored

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
That would be ironic if the hot new vehicles for adventurers don’t fit what’s considered to be the water bottle of choice for adventurers.
Making a Nalgene-friendly center console cupholder would be a colossally poor use of space and probably a weirdly compromised design. The door pockets fit Nalgenes just fine.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Making a Nalgene-friendly center console cupholder would be a colossally poor use of space and probably a weirdly compromised design. The door pockets fit Nalgenes just fine.
Rivian R1T R1S ? First non-Rivian employee delivery - to owner in NYC!! [Updated with Owner's Q&A, Info, Feedback] IMG_20211209_160856

StarTrekNerd

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Medical Clerk
the fact the mobile charger comes with both 110v and 14-50 plug is awesome, hated that with the tesla you get a 110v and then have to order it and its never in stock.
Strange, I've never used my Tesla mobile charger, or my wife's Tesla mobile charger, but they are both likely 240 V with the adapter for 14/30 if not 14/50.

Since we're both long time EV people we've had 3 different EVSEs at home. And public Level 2 and Level 3 are sufficient where we live and play.

Last edited:

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
And another one. Not one here either.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Looks like another posted on Reddit.

GoWest!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & R1S
Maybe, if traditional design was used. It’s going to be on when someone comes up with an innovative oversized drink apparatus design for a vehicle because not even all door pockets fit the Nalgenes or awkward coffee mugs of the world. Until that great vehicle comes along, my bottles and mugs will continue looking like the Tower of Pisa and the sides of my door pockets scrapped up because even there, they just don’t fit.

Middle class problem for sure and just an observation, not an argument.

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
This is really exciting and positive to see plus it will sit really well on the earnings call on Thursday. We are checking more positive boxes than negative these days. LETS GOOOOO
Given Rivian's propensity of checking a box to fulfill a self-imposed deadline and then crickets I'm controlling my enthusiasm a couple of notches. I think the upcoming earning call played a big part in this box getting checked. Still progress. Lets Go Boudro?????? :):):) Sorry I couldn't resist

Last edited:

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Green R1T, 2022 Polaris Ranger NorthStar
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
That’s fantastic and a nice report!

I’m frustrated. I’m in NYS about 2 hours away from the Brooklyn service center. Despite my repeated requests and the fact that I will have been waiting for nearly three years in a few months (2/21/2019), I have not heard even been able to wrangle an invitation to see one let alone heard from a guide.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
You need somewhere for a Nalgene in your Rivian? Stick it in the big space just in front of the drink holder. Or the door pockets that we know they fit in.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
The lack of cup holders in the back seats is criminal. Arm rest only?! No cups if the middle seat is taken, which I planned on using for a car seat.

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
The lack of cup holders in the back seats is criminal. Arm rest only?! No cups if the middle seat is taken, which I planned on using for a car seat.
Arm rest only is criminal?

I don't think I've owned *any* vehicle that has cupholders that aren't confined to an armrest. For sure my Camry has two cup homes in the fold down armrest. The Highlander that I used to have had a little collapsible shelf between the captains chairs, that had a single cupholder in it. But that's not much different to a fold down armrest. Even my new QX60 doesn't have any cupholders besides the armrest.

Where else are you used to seeing them???

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Arm rest only is criminal?

I don't think I've owned *any* vehicle that has cupholders that aren't confined to an armrest. For sure my Camry has two cup homes in the fold down armrest. The Highlander that I used to have had a little collapsible shelf between the captains chairs, that had a single cupholder in it. But that's not much different to a fold down armrest. Even my new QX60 doesn't have any cupholders besides the armrest.

Where else are you used to seeing them???
On top of the center console
Rivian R1T R1S ? First non-Rivian employee delivery - to owner in NYC!! [Updated with Owner's Q&A, Info, Feedback] D0A991BC-C4C5-44F3-BB50-06F70C787DC3

Below the center console
Rivian R1T R1S ? First non-Rivian employee delivery - to owner in NYC!! [Updated with Owner's Q&A, Info, Feedback] 2718AA6F-9DDC-4D3E-B440-D82DBDB81EF3

A sedan, sure, but a family hauler should have cup holders.

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
On top of the center console
D0A991BC-C4C5-44F3-BB50-06F70C787DC3.jpeg

Below the center console
2718AA6F-9DDC-4D3E-B440-D82DBDB81EF3.jpeg

A sedan, sure, but a family hauler should have cup holders.
I still think you're setting unfair expectations. My two most recent 3-row SUV family haulers don't have anything like that. And they're not outliers. But I guess some people just have different needs from their transportation.
Rivian R1T R1S ? First non-Rivian employee delivery - to owner in NYC!! [Updated with Owner's Q&A, Info, Feedback] 1639408438367
Sponsored