Sponsored

Ford NACS Adapter Released + Access to Tesla Superchargers Now Available

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
It's nice that Tesla has a filter for this now and confirms what we knew all along about v2 vs v3.

But it's still inaccurate isn't it? Just having a NACS port or adapter doesn't mean you can charge at the supercharger.
A significant number of Superchargers not included in the rollout. Assuming these are the V2 Superchargers. So there are still huge gaps in coverage.
Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S PDM MP, 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
We know Rivian said they would provide adapters and ship them to us. They've already said that much.

Is it REALLY a far stretch to think you might have to go and place an order for this to happen?
I guess they could use the GPS coordinates of your R1 and dispatch a delivery vehicle or drone? Or maybe require us to go to a service center to get it installed like the compact spare?

Hillbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boat and tractor
Occupation
Hillbilly
We know Rivian said they would provide adapters and ship them to us. They've already said that much.

Is it REALLY a far stretch to think you might have to go and place an order for this to happen?
Jesus Christ dude. You're completely missing the point. I asked for something official on the rollout details of the free adapter and instead of just saying you don't know or that there isn't anything official yet, you keep throwing assumptions out. That means, no, there isn't. I'll wait for Rivian to confirm details thank you.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

A significant number of Superchargers not included in the rollout. Assuming these are the V2 Superchargers. So there are still huge gaps in coverage.
Yeah, pretty interesting with the coverage in Michigan. I could see us potentially using the Marquette supercharger in the next several years, but probably not this year. RAN coverage is pretty decent for the trips we might take this year, and worked out great last year.

Rivian R1T R1S Ford NACS Adapter Released + Access to Tesla Superchargers Now Available 1709217554096
Rivian R1T R1S Ford NACS Adapter Released + Access to Tesla Superchargers Now Available 1709217566100

R1Thor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

Mine is in production.
NACSAdapt.jpg

MAY be a silly question that I missed either A) the context to this or B) something listed elsewhere, but...

Is this from Rivian (I don't want to assume, though I imagine that's the only reason you'd be posting it)?
Did this just...show up? Or was there something that precipitated this email?

Thanks!

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

According the the Tesla map, this is really less than ideal for me. The group of Super Chargers I would actually use on the way to my cabin are....not available.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

MAY be a silly question that I missed either A) the context to this or B) something listed elsewhere, but...

Is this from Rivian (I don't want to assume, though I imagine that's the only reason you'd be posting it)?
Did this just...show up? Or was there something that precipitated this email?

Thanks!
Silly question. The order is for his Mach-E.

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This is why I ordered a third party one that is delivering tomorrow A2Z adapter
Please let us know if it works if you 'spoof' a Ford EV in the app.

SamDoe1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Ford GT350
Clubs

According the the Tesla map, this is really less than ideal for me. The group of Super Chargers I would actually use on the way to my cabin are....not available.
I saw that too. Makes sense that Brainerd isn't active (it's a V2) but the one in Little Falls should be a V3... Also Duluth and Two Harbors aren't on the list either.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Keep in mind that some V3 chargers that are currently unavailable will probably be added later. Some V3's needed an update to the communication module for use with NACS adapters. V2's will not be available unless they're upgraded to V3 or V4 dispensers.

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Sponsored