Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Learning Director
Clubs

I literally picked up my 2024 earlier today and asked them about this and was told no, even though I had an employee ready to give me a referral. But because they said no I didn't think there was much choice. Is there anything that can be done to add it in now or did I get hosed?
Yeah, they announced the free performance upgrade on 2023s the day I got mine and they still said no.
Sponsored

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Bummer, doesn't apply to Max? I have a 23 I'm supposed to take delivery of next week.
I used a Friends & Family for PDM Max..it was end of May, delivered in June..not sure if that matters.

WildBillTV

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Clubs

How does this $6k work? I have a trade in that should give me around $4k of a down payment. Would I just add an additional $6k to my 4k for a total of $10k down to get an idea of what my lease payment would be?

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru.
No 7-day return for leases unfortunately. I've already started reaching out to see if there's anything that can be done. Do I absolutely need it, no. Do I feel as if I deserve it, not necessarily no. Would I have leased it without that incentive, obviously since I did lol. But was I eligible for that $6k discount, yes... yes I was and it should have been added.
From what I know, centers have been allowing the discount even passed June 1st as long the referral was applied before June 1st.

ndmiller

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Incoming
Occupation
Retailler
Clubs

If I didn't already have a T, I'd be in, good luck on the wait.

I'm sort of waiting for October to find out what all the changes mean to $/vehicle gain/loss. It would be fantastic if initial production showed less loss or some gain especially to get that battery plant going again sometime next year.

Also I'd assume the same refresh efficiency gains would go for Amazon delivery vehicles....1.5 miles less wiring. Would be nice to see more positive news during the holidays.

Sponsored

onesoil

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2002 Audi B5 S4 Wagon
Occupation
Director of Operations at Vermont Compost Company
I guess I won the Rivian-generosity lottery or something! I just got lease details today after asking for the discount last week (it expired June 3rd). I also asked if I could have an exception to make the deposit refundable until I could see a lease breakdown (which they agreed to). I did mention that this is the third Rivian in our business, and implied that it likely won’t be our last purchase/lease in the near future (which is entirely possible), so maybe that helped 🤷🏻‍♂️

I will likely sign tomorrow. I was given the discount as long as delivery takes place in June.

Here’s what mine came out to be:

Rivian R1T R1S Offering Friends and Family Discount to September! Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 2.48.25 PM

Rivian R1T R1S Offering Friends and Family Discount to September! Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 2.48.38 PM

Last edited:

CompilerBreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
I used a Friends & Family for PDM Max..it was end of May, delivered in June..not sure if that matters.
Yeah reached out to the guide for more info, missed that May offer because I couldn't get them to email me back after my test drive which was a bit of a bummer.

onesoil

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Yeah reached out to the guide for more info, missed that May offer because I couldn't get them to email me back after my test drive which was a bit of a bummer.
When I asked them to retroact the discount I leaned pretty heavily on the fact that I tried to get a call/email back at the end of May or the first day of June and it took about a week to get ahold of anyone in sales… I’m thinking I just lucked out with the right sales guide (he’s been much more effective than the last one we bought our demo R1T from in March, which was a mess).

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

I guess I won the Rivian-generosity lottery or something! I just got lease details today after asking for the discount last week (it expired June 3rd). I also asked if I could have an exception to make the deposit refundable until I could see a lease breakdown (which they agreed to). I did mention that this is the third Rivian in our business, and implied that it likely won’t be our last purchase/lease in the near future (which is entirely possible), so maybe that helped 🤷🏻‍♂️

I will likely sign tomorrow. I was given the discount as long as delivery takes place in June.

Here’s what mine came out to be:

Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 2.48.25 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 2.48.38 PM.png
This is a phenomenal lease deal. Congrats, and thanks for sharing.

Is the "trade-in" credit an actual trade in, or are you stacking another discount?

lulzpartytime

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKX
Anyone who's gone through the FnF discount, what's the processs?

I have someone I'm DM'ing that is telling me for the discount they told me this " The process in which I can assist looks like I would have to run you as a walk in demo at my location, I need your name and email and phone number"

Sponsored

onesoil

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
This is a phenomenal lease deal. Congrats, and thanks for sharing.

Is the "trade-in" credit an actual trade in, or are you stacking another discount?
We’re trading a beater 2012 Nissan Leaf with 49k miles and a pretty degraded battery we mostly use like an enclosed golf cart to get around our larger site, between our two main worksites a few miles apart, and for occasional errands in town.

It doesn’t seem like the best trade value, but with the hefty discount on top I’m not planning to quibble.

I must admit that trying to understand lease deals makes my head spin a bit (this is only the second one I’ve personally participated in), but this does seem like a good deal to me as well. I just still don’t quite understand how to calculate money factor with the discount, tax paid up front, and a trade value all factored in.

But any way I look at it, it seems like it’s worth signing over trying to finance/purchase outright, and since the monthly payment is right in line with the amount we want to provide as a benefit to the employee who will be driving it (and taking a 3-year pay freeze in doing so), I think we will go forward with the lease. He’s excited, which is another benefit since we want to keep him happy (our very capable and responsible heavy equipment mechanic).

Last edited:

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

We’re trading a beater 2012 Nissan Leaf with 49k miles and a pretty degraded battery we pretty mostly use like an enclosed golf cart to get around our site, between our two main worksites a few miles apart, and for occasional errands in town.

It doesn’t seem like the best trade value, but with the hefty discount on top, I’m not planning to quibble.
Makes sense, and it's still a great deal.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I might have considered a 2024 DM if I hadn't locked into a TM for later this year.

Any of you folks who can pick up a 2024 large pack for ~$70k are killing it.

R1TS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Man, the R1T really needs all the help to sell.

Should really just focus on selling the R1S and bringing out the R2 sooner.

Mesajoejoe

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
From what I know, centers have been allowing the discount even passed June 1st as long the referral was applied before June 1st.
My referral was from today though once I heard about this reactivated F&F and asked an employee, so the previous one doesn't apply. This was all happening as I was at the service center and asking about it to the guide, which I was turned down. The employee ended up putting the referral through anyways afterwards but I'm afraid I was impatient and already at the service center so I just went forward with it. Doubtful anything will happen, oh well.
Sponsored