Sponsored

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
One glow-in-the-dark pen later…

Rivian R1T R1S Glow in the dark painted key fob buttons... It glowsesss, precious! IMG_0681

Here's fob #2. Not perfect, but good enough for me.

Rivian R1T R1S Glow in the dark painted key fob buttons... It glowsesss, precious! 1703133484236-jpe

For lack of anything better, I used this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09V3GBS98. The tip is rather thick, so I just pushed out the phosphorescent ink and let it sink into the grooves/depressions. I then wiped away (most of) the extra using some bath tissue and wet q-tips, and used a hair dryer to set it. It's not perfect, but it seems to work. There's still a small amount of residue on the key rubber itself (visible as a whiteish discoloration in daylight) but I think it will wear away with use.

A better result might be had by pooling the ink in a small reservoir and then applying it with a dipped toothpick. I had no toothpicks handy, though.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
That’s such an excellent idea. Nice.

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

If we used the FOB we would probably do this. What brand of PEN did you use?

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Thanks for this. There are really some inventive people here on the Rivian Forums.

Brian

Sponsored

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Shoot. Already painted mine silver. But what brand pen did you use? Am sure a lot of people are going to ask. 😊

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
OP
OP
NineElectrics

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
If we used the FOB we would probably do this. What brand of PEN did you use?
For lack of anything better, I used this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09V3GBS98. The tip is rather thick, so I just pushed out the phosphorescent ink and let it sink into the grooves/depressions. I then wiped away (most of) the extra using some bath tissue and wet q-tips, and used a hair dryer to set it. It's not perfect, but it seems to work. There's still a small amount of residue on the key rubber itself (visible as a whiteish discoloration in daylight) but I think it will wear away with use.

A better result might be had by pooling the ink in a small reservoir and then applying it with a dipped toothpick. I had no toothpicks handy, though.

Last edited:

Sponsored

solaskaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X,3, R1T Duo Max
What a great idea. It makes me wonder : the fob is positively ginormous…. The fob has a battery …. any LED templates out there?

ggood

First Name
glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Glac White
Thanks for this. There are really some inventive people here on the Rivian Forums.

Brian
can you share the pen info? great idea and application

Ohm Boy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Renewable Energy
Clubs

Brilliant!! Pen just ordered. You should seriously get some commission! Thanks very much!
Sponsored