Sponsored

How often do you have to reset your Rivian wall charger?

portdirect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (QM), R1S (DM Large), EZGO RXV 48v
Occupation
Blinkenlight Hearder
About 4 times in last 7 months, twice when the truck was left on the charger for a week whist out of town. Charger support was totally useless and unhelpful - combined with not being able to load share means we are unlikely to buy another Rivian charger. My spider sense says the reliance on networking is at fault here (at least for us) - honestly it's kinda insane that the evse needs to be online to function.
Sponsored

Duquesne

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram Powerwagon, Alfa Giulia Quad
Occupation
Yes
Twice, with today being the second . Seems to correlate to when I am away from the home charger for an extended period

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Never. I don’t even know how to reset it. :oops:

FL_EV

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Occupation
retired
Never. I don’t even know how to reset it. :oops:
About once a month since August 2023. Rivian is useless and no help. They act surprised by this and just brush it off. I just reset breaker each time.

howler99

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX 350
Occupation
Analyst
Clubs

I'm going to say twice in the last 18 months. I don't even remember the last time, so maybe the issue has been fixed.

We're "fortunate" enough to live in an area where the power goes out regularly so maybe it gets enough of a reset from that.

Sponsored

webfootdawg

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5, A4
Clubs

Never have to reset my $300 Grizzl-E…

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Cadillac ELR, Rivian R1T, Jeep TJ, F250
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Never... But then I use Tesla EVSEs...

OnePedaler

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ford Explorer
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Every so often (3-4 times in last 6mo, but twice in the last 3wks), my wall charger stops working. I get the red ring of charging failure. If I reset my charger (flip the breaker and re-add) then it starts charging again. This is my 2nd charger as my first shit the bed completely. Rivian charging support was a nightmare so I've held off opening a ticket. It's infrequent enough that I've just been dealing with resetting it every so often.
twice in 5 months.

Underwhirled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, RIT
Occupation
Architect
So, nobody knows what may be causing some to have to reset? I’ve not had to reset, but I can see it being necessary after a power outage if the grid stumbles while coming back online. Other than that, I would think the only thing that could affect it would be heat? Those with issues, what software version of the charger are you on? Mine reports V03.01.49.

Sponsored

Golfer04

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Finance
So, nobody knows what may be causing some to have to reset? I’ve not had to reset, but I can see it being necessary after a power outage if the grid stumbles while coming back online. Other than that, I would think the only thing that could affect it would be heat? Those with issues, what software version of the charger are you on? Mine reports V03.01.49.
Mine acts up about every 3 months. Reset breaker and it is fine. It disconnects wifi more often, but still charges so I don't rush to fix.

Kiwi01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Acura MDX, Porsche 911
Occupation
Retired
Had the Rivian charger installed since Sept 2023 ... needed 2 breaker flips ... most likely related to my wifi doing a router. update ... running version V 03.02.14 ... it has been pretty steady unless it's 0 deg outside and I'm in my slippers :cool:

Underwhirled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, RIT
Occupation
Architect
So my software version is older. I can see the charger connected to my wifi. II’m not sure what triggers the software update, but maybe the new version is less stable somehow.

dcramm

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Reset ours twice at the breaker in 4 months. However it never showed red on the charger or the port. It was white on the charger and was offline in the app.

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
Every couple of months. Sometimes it just doesn't charge and stays white, other times it's red. All times, a break reset sorts it out. Wifi connectivity is super flaky too. We have a Tesla wall charger on the other side, that's never been reset in 5 yrs.
Sponsored