First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adeventure Edition, RB, BM, 21"
Clubs

What was your order number?

November 10th order date for me. Hoping to get mine soon. I was told I was going to be in this next batch.
i think mysta said earlier that his order number was in the 1800s.

Some guy on FB posted he got shipping notification today and his order # was 1883 so they're getting there!

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV its-happening-jonah-hill-shouting-excited-hrpfkb9r793pdule
Sponsored

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
Just ordered these yesterday for my R1S. Don't know if i'm going to install them myself or find a shop do it.

@EV Sportline any estimate on when I can expect boards to arrive?

Last edited:

johnstuder

First Name
JOhn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

Some guy on FB posted he got shipping notification today and his order # was 1883 so they're getting the

Some guy on FB posted he got shipping notification today and his order # was 1883 so they're getting there!

I'm 1870, no emails yet. Going to send my monthly what's the status email on monday. Hoping "soooon" turns to yes, this week :).

AngryOxidant

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Just ordered these yesterday for my R1S. Don't know if i'm going to install them myself or find a shop do it.

FWIW, I am in no way mechanically inclined and I was able to install them with a friend in 2.5 hours. We rented space in a DIY garage so we could put the R1S on a lift which made it 1000% easier. Using an air powered impact wrench alone was worth it.

PNW 02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Multiple

FYI: R1S Running Boards ordered 5/22, Shipped 6/13, Delivery anticipated 6/16-6/19.

Sponsored

teddyang

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adeventure Edition, RB, BM, 21"
Clubs

Happy to report that i just received shipping notification for my R1T sliders!

Order # low 1900s

SilverII

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I am here just sitting and waiting for my slider notification and manual tonneau cover....

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

I ordered the same stuff on 6/6 and they haven’t shipped.

Sponsored

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Tesla MY
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

Ohhhh, so we may see some sliders in the wild soon!

Talking to a few people with different vins (9k, 10k and 15k) it seems like Rivian did some revising on the mounting points, as demonstrated by the fact that electruck4x4 had to redesign their sliders to accommodate.

Is your design of the sliders impacted by that at all @EV Sportline ?

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Cant wait to see them installed!
Here you go. Opal is sporting her new running boards. SuEllyn and I did the install on our driveway. It took us two days to complete the install because it kept raining on us. We could have completed the job easily in one day if it were not for the rain.

We cut the 4" holes on each side. A couple of them on the drivers side required a little bit of extra trimming. This was not a major problem. The install did require to use of all three of our torque wrenches. One for the screws and nuts that attach the step plate @ 96 inch/lbs. One for the Rivian body bolts @ 80 Ft/lbs, and another for the board to bracket bolts and nuts @ 35 ft/lbs.

We had originally intended to fit rubber grommets to the holes. We ultimately decided not to cover the holes at all. We read the thread here on the Forums about the R1S that had developed rust and corrosion under the plastic panels. It concerned us that we could develop the same situation. We feel that air flow through the running board mounting holes is a good thing. We are thinking that we will treat the connection area with a product like Sta-Bil Rust Stopper.

These 1 EV Running Boards are great. What a difference they make getting in and out of the truck. We have ours adjusted as close to the truck as possible and they still provide an ample stepping area. Here are a few pictures of the finished product.

Brian

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV DSC_0036.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV DSC_0037.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV DSC_0038.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV DSC_0039.JPG

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

Here you go. Opal is sporting her new running boards. SuEllyn and I did the install on our driveway. It took us two days to complete the install because it kept raining on us. We could have completed the job easily in one day if it were not for the rain.

We cut the 4" holes on each side. A couple of them on the drivers side required a little bit of extra trimming. This was not a major problem. The install did require to use of all three of our torque wrenches. One for the screws and nuts that attach the step plate @ 96 inch/lbs. One for the Rivian body bolts @ 80 Ft/lbs, and another for the board to bracket bolts and nuts @ 35 ft/lbs.

We had originally intended to fit rubber grommets to the holes. We ultimately decided not to cover the holes at all. We read the thread here on the Forums about the R1S that had developed rust and corrosion under the plastic panels. It concerned us that we could develop the same situation. We feel that air flow through the running board mounting holes is a good thing. We are thinking that we will treat the connection area with a product like Sta-Bil Rust Stopper.

These 1 EV Running Boards are great. What a difference they make getting in and out of the truck. We have ours adjusted as close to the truck as possible and they still provide an ample stepping area. Here are a few pictures of the finished product.

Brian

DSC_0036.JPG

DSC_0037.JPG

DSC_0038.JPG

DSC_0039.JPG
Awesome thanks for sharing!

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Update for those looking for professional installs in the Seattle area: I found a couple of shops that were responsive and were the most reasonably priced.
  • Rack n Road (https://racknroad.com/store/seattle/): $100/hr of labor. Estimated most running boards they've done take about an hour, but it could go longer if we went the cutout route (that means they read the instructions!).
  • Khaotik 4x4 (http://khaotik4x4.com/) in Tacoma: $150/hr of labor. Estimates that it will take about an hour as well, but could go over.
In both cases they would not commit to a "not-to-exceed" number of hours which isn't helpful from a budgeting perspective. But I reckon 3 hours is a realistic max to keep in mind, given that these are professionals after all. It did not sound like either of them had worked on Rivians before but that might change by the time I eventually get my boards delivered. There is also a Rack n Road in Bellevue which probably charges the same but could have seen Rivians already - worth looking into.

If anyone has used or plans to use these shops, please respond and let us know about your experience.
Sponsored