andisimose

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas
Clubs

It seems that when I receive a phone call over Bluetooth something is happening that changes my iPhones ringer volume to max. This happens on both my iphone14 and my wife’s 12.

The only reason it annoys me is that the ringer volume in iOS is directly tied to the alarm volume meaning if I don’t check and reset my iPhone volume every night we get woken up on max.

Anyone else seeing this and have thoughts? I see tons of posts on other vehicles with similar issues. But no real resolutions
Sponsored

Inhisname

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
RSM
It seems that when I receive a phone call over Bluetooth something is happening that changes my iPhones ringer volume to max. This happens on both my iphone14 and my wife’s 12.

The only reason it annoys me is that the ringer volume in iOS is directly tied to the alarm volume meaning if I don’t check and reset my iPhone volume every night we get woken up on max.

Anyone else seeing this and have thoughts? I see tons of posts on other vehicles with similar issues. But no real resolutions
Following - mine does the same thing - full volume on Bluetooth when the iPhone rings in the truck - very annoying

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I can confirm the same behavior in my R1S.

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

I just use the roller on the steering wheel to lower the volume.

Inhisname

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
RSM
I do as well but it's super loud and super annoying when you have your boss in the truck with you. It should come in at a normal volume

Sponsored

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

I do as well but it's super loud and super annoying when you have your boss in the truck with you. It should come in at a normal volume
I could see that being a problem....solution, pull over, kick your boss off.....drive around the block....pick them up........LOL

OP
OP

andisimose

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas
Clubs

it’s not the actual audio level. It’s my ringer volume after the call as seen in sound and haptics. No matter what I do with the scrolls wheel volume this gets set to and stays at max
Rivian R1T R1S iPhone ringer volume IMG_8155

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
The Count has also encountered this problem and has not found a solution other than to swear quietly but vigourously at his R1S.

JWreck

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (pre-ordered, Audi RS5 Sportback
Occupation
IT
I’ve had this issue on multiple cars long before Rivian came to be. It’s something with iOS and Bluetooth and they don’t play nicely together. I have had SOME luck in the past deleting my phone and car and setting it up new…but that’s into old wives tale territory.

I nearly swat my wife with a pillow in the morning because her damn phone blasts us because of it now.

+1 for CarPlay…. 😱

irish26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Did we ever find a solution for this? The volume at which I receive calls is startling to say the least. But once the call is answered, I find myself having to turn the volume all the way up to hear the person on the other end.

Sponsored

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

+1 and I had no idea it was from the truck!! Been driving me nuts!
Sponsored