Sponsored

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Did anyone really land and walk around on the moon?
Sponsored

Jacopa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Did anyone really land and walk around on the moon?
Ha! That's a good one too! Next thing you're gonna say is some guy from South Africa started an electric car company and has plans to colonize Mars! Ha! Love these crazy conspiracy theories. Sorry, gotta go now and put another layer of tinfoil on my chapeau.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Wait. What? What about the grassy knoll? Next thing you're gonna say is there is some crazy conspiracy theory about how there was a 2nd shooter.
If there was no second "shooter", then how come we have images from two different angles. Explain that!

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

Wait. What? What about the grassy knoll? Next thing you're gonna say is there is some crazy conspiracy theory about how there was a 2nd shooter. I couldn't even begin to think about that. 🤪
That's absolutely crazy. Everyone knows there were three shooters. Also, three lights.

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
The R1S has been compared to the Jeep Grand Wagoneer...

This R2 reminds me A LOT of a Jeep Grand Cherokee L
I never understood that, considering the fact that the R1S is much closer in size to a Grand Cherokee L than a Wagoneer. In fact, a Grand Cherokee L is a little longer than an R1S. The Wagoneer is a much bigger vehicle than both the Grand Cherokee L and the R1S.

BTW, I don't think this photo is the R2 because the R2 appeared to be much shorter in length in the covered photo with RJ and the white vehicle in these photos appear to be much longer than that.

Sponsored

TheSavageBeagle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T, 2015 i3 REx, 2010 E91
Occupation
Engineer
white one looks like it has a roof spoiler, which could improve efficiency/range, like they have all over the truck.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
These pics remind of a book I read (or made up)..."Mr Magoo and the Blurry R2"

jwanderson88

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
I don't know if this has been commented on yet. I was trying to figure out what was going on with the roof. Then I figured it out. It has a spoiler like the R1T. I don't think the R1S has one.

anthonysfl

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Here are my two cents.

For those who think it’s a refreshed R1 you are out of your mind. I mean seriously. Why would a fledging start up refresh a new model? What confidence does that give off to investors? There is nothing wrong with the look of the R1. For those thinking is a refreshed R1 because there is no chrome strip/character line, really? If I was a car designer, I would probably want a little differentiation between my two models. The R1S and R1T from front view are identical for it not that chrome character line. As RJ/the designer, I’d probably always keep that. It helps non car enthusiasts distinguish between the two for the not obvious side profile view. Would I prefer it not there? Sure. But I worked with what I was given I wrapped it 3M stainless steel for a subtle accent color. Stop complaining and be creative and do whatever you want with yours. I saw someone wrapped theirs Rivian yellow.

For those keyboard warrioring it’s not the R2. Compare it to your R1. The pill shaped lights on this blurred image are pretty much directly over the tow hooks. The R1S pill lights are further outside the tow hooks. What is in this photo of the R2 with the lights being closer over the tow hooks is indicative of a smaller front end, which is what we were told since it’s a smaller vehicle, wow! Whether this is the exact R2 model released or not, it’s a 100% not a R1 so in any event, it’s most likely the R2.

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
OP
OP
jeeden

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

I was going to start a poll in a new thread but I can't figure out how to do it.

After hearing the earnings call I am convinced that the photos we've seen with the new front headlight arrangement or of a refreshed r1. RJ made so many references to how many parts are going to be shared between the two platforms and make sense that the front end is probably going to look identical between the r1 and the r2. I think when they first mentioned the shutdown for R1 retooling we assumed it was some small changes do the supplier changes in that but it's obvious now that it is a major overhaul that's going to result in 30% savings changing out major suppliers and changing major parts.

My prediction is that we see an r2 on March 7th that we have not come close to seeing other than the clay model under the sheet and then he pulls a Steve Jobs move and says .."by the way here is the refreshed R1." The cherry on top would be "adapters for NACS are coming out at the end of March for everybody"

Last edited:

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I was going to start a pole in a new thread but I can't figure out how to do it.

After hearing the earnings call I am convinced that the photos we've seen with the new front headlight arrangement or of a refreshed r1. RJ made so many references to how many parts are going to be shared between the two platforms and make sense that the front end is probably going to look identical between the r1 and the r2. I think when they first mentioned the shutdown for R1 retooling we assumed it was some small changes do the supplier changes in that but it's obvious now that it is a major overhaul that's going to result in 30% savings changing out major suppliers and changing major parts.

My prediction is that we see an r2 on March 7th that we have not come close to seeing other than the clay model under the sheet and then he pulls a Steve Jobs move and says .."by the way here is the refreshed R1." The cherry on top would be "adapters for NACS are coming out at the end of March for everybody"
We're going to hear more than just R2 stuff on March 7th.

OP
OP
jeeden

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

We're going to hear more than just R2 stuff on March 7th.

Agree, I didn't even mention I bet we hear about infotainment and all kinds of things. Stock is taking a beating I grabbed some more cheap shares.
Sponsored